My Top Theory for Why People Like Leon Over Chris

#31IlDankoPosted 2/14/2013 9:28:50 AM
Candy__Girl posted...

In RE5 there were times when he was a complete ass to Sheva even though she was willing to stick by his side and help him in his personal quest.

Ehhhmm example please...

In RE6 Chapter 3 I couldn't believe how he was portrayed. What he put his team through for a second time?

Wasn't his team, it was Marco's and they were under his lead providing support for Chris and Piers

How he blatantly didn't care about the safety of Jake & Sherry because he was putting his own personal priorities ahead of a logical course of action?

So... In one hand you have this guy who was abducted by a snake, he came to rescue you and your partner and in the other you have jake and sherry, who you only knew for like 10 minutes... Either decision he takes will make him seem like an ass... Yet he helped them to clear a path to escape and then went to rescue the other guy.... Not much of an a****** in my opinion

He lost quite a bit of respect by his 'Redfield Rampaging.'

... He.... Is ... Not ... A... Napad

For being one of male leads of the series in RE6 he took about 12 steps backwards in character development. Just because you have 'amnesia' and you're ripped doesn't mean you can act like a three year old throwing a tantrum.

Ok let put you in that situation... You don't know who you are, you don't know where you are, and you're having this creepy flashbacks for no reason (that you know)... Then you start to remember what happened, and you hear that the culprit of all is not to far away from you... The last thing that goes through your mind is to think a masterplan while you don't know if the culprit is getting away or not.. The first thing that crosses your mind is to act.. When it's personal, IT'S PERSONAL

if you want a graphic example hit someone really hard in the head (i mean really really hard)

People are depending on you to take the lead; their lives depending on your call. Man up or retire if you can't handle it.

I would love to see leon in his position...
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#32tevin1569Posted 2/14/2013 9:56:39 AM
zombiabsol posted...
FireMadePrime posted...
Well, most of the gay people and women prefer Leon over Chris. Since straight guys hardly waste their time in forums it looks like most people prefer Leon which is not true.

Im a gay man and most of my straight friends prefer Chris. And most of my gay friends prefer Leon.

I guess its only a matter of community preference. I dont know any straight man that prefers Leon but is not a 100% theory cause even though im gay i prefer Chris all the way.

As a bi guy, chris>>>>>>> leon
When it comes to looks, not a big fan of the flippy hair.

Agreed, Alexia would be proud.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#33longstorm555Posted 2/14/2013 10:10:15 AM
a summary of this topic:

'chris is winning the poll against leon! we can't have that! i'll create a topic that is clearly a bait for chris haters providing info and personal opinions that are in no way facts about why i like this character better and why i think this character is more popular! peeeerfect.'

well done, tc.
#34IlDankoPosted 2/14/2013 10:15:10 AM
longstorm555 posted...
a summary of this topic:

'chris is winning the poll against leon! we can't have that! i'll create a topic that is clearly a bait for chris haters providing info and personal opinions that are in no way facts about why i like this character better and why i think this character is more popular! peeeerfect.'

well done, tc.

But... This topic is older than that poll... Time paradox?
---
#35melainevalentPosted 2/14/2013 10:15:17 AM
longstorm555 posted...
a summary of this topic:

well done, tc.

This topic does sound like a bait. I sincerely doubt there'd be one like this had Leon been winning the infamous poll.

They're just video games characters. Stop wasting your time, people. Candy_Girl has treated Chris like he was a real person which is creepy, and on top of that has given silly reasons. Chris was in deep trauma and shock throughout most of his campaign, Leon wasn't. It's simply not fair to compare both. And Chris wanted to retire, Piers didn't let him and in the end, made him continue his work in the BSAA which Chris did as a recovered man.

I find it funny that you simply put away how damaged Chris was only to favor Leon.

But they're still fictional, and arguing about it it's pointless. This is another waste of time, silly topic.

Think about what you could've done instead of writing that essay about a pointless matter, TC. Think about it.
#36longstorm555Posted 2/14/2013 10:16:31 AM
IlDanko posted...
longstorm555 posted...
a summary of this topic:

well done, tc.

But... This topic is older than that poll... Time paradox?

oh lol.
still, bait topic.

and hey! it's about leon fanboyism, iidanko....anything can happen here.
#37longstorm555Posted 2/14/2013 10:23:55 AM(edited)
melainevalent posted...
longstorm555 posted...
a summary of this topic:

well done, tc.

This topic does sound like a bait. I sincerely doubt there'd be one like this had Leon been winning the infamous poll.

They're just video games characters. Stop wasting your time, people. Candy_Girl has treated Chris like he was a real person which is creepy, and on top of that has given silly reasons. Chris was in deep trauma and shock throughout most of his campaign, Leon wasn't. It's simply not fair to compare both. And Chris wanted to retire, Piers didn't let him and in the end, made him continue his work in the BSAA which Chris did as a recovered man.

I find it funny that you simply put away how damaged Chris was only to favor Leon.

But they're still fictional, and arguing about it it's pointless. This is another waste of time, silly topic.

Think about what you could've done instead of writing that essay about a pointless matter, TC. Think about it.

this.

i will never ever ever ever understand how anyone can just take a deeply traumatized, depressed person and still blame stuff on them. that makes you sound kind of ignorant.

chris was in no way to lead his team and that was the entire point. he had to be that way so when he reached the end, he could have a revealing moment in which he realized that yes, he was in bad shape, he had screwed up but now he needed to face his mistakes and go back to being the legendary chris redfield.

everyone who complains about chris being a bad captain in chapter3: that's the point. it is the entire freaking point. take away your favoritism and fanboysm for a minute and try to put yourself in chris' shoes.

by the way, chris was DRAGGED back to the field. remember he didn't want to go because he was depressed and in no shape to lead a team, but piers and the guys dragged him back in.

but again, that was the point. he needed to mess up to go back to being good ol' captain redfield.

just the fact that capcom kept throwing 'legendary chris redfield' all over the place already says something. leon doesn't get to be legen---wait for it----dary.
#38IlDankoPosted 2/14/2013 10:25:29 AM
... I smell gunpowder in the horizon... Largerock! Quick! Bring the Cookies
---
#39aFriendofaDevilPosted 2/14/2013 10:29:23 AM
@longstorm555
It's funny when guys like you accuse other people in fanboyism
---
...is a friend of mine
#40longstorm555Posted 2/14/2013 11:13:48 AM
aFriendofaDevil posted...