My Top Theory for Why People Like Leon Over Chris

#41SSJ_JinPosted 2/14/2013 11:15:07 AM
The only proper response to the people constantly crying over Leon being more popular than Chris:

http://i35.tinypic.com/5yxopj.jpg
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#42sidebeardPosted 2/14/2013 11:22:40 AM
It's his hair.
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'
#43OverCasanova(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:49:14 AM
FireMadePrime posted...
Well, most of the gay people and women prefer Leon over Chris. Since straight guys hardly waste their time in forums it looks like most people prefer Leon which is not true.

Im a gay man and most of my straight friends prefer Chris. And most of my gay friends prefer Leon.

I guess its only a matter of community preference. I dont know any straight man that prefers Leon but is not a 100% theory cause even though im gay i prefer Chris all the way.

Lol well that is not true for me cuz I prefer Chris ;) and I didn't say what my orientation was.
#44OverCasanova(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:52:23 AM
And how is this a bait topic? Why don't you go search all the topics I have ever made on here. I am not a troll or anything like that, this was a serious theory I had even though I like Chris more. It just made sense to me. :)
#45largerockPosted 2/14/2013 12:15:35 PM
IlDanko posted...
... I smell gunpowder in the horizon... Largerock! Quick! Bring the Cookies

Done! I got some sundae as well.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#46ArchiantagonistPosted 2/14/2013 12:50:34 PM
melainevalent posted...
Chris was in deep trauma and shock throughout most of his campaign, Leon wasn't. It's simply not fair to compare both.

O RLY!?
Do you even remember what happened at the very beginning of Leon's campaign?
He shot the man he considered to be his friend and probly would give his life for him if he could.

"Legendary" Chris Redfield, who was fighting all sorts of vile creatures
and was surounded by death for half of his life,
wasn't able to do the same for the rookie he knew for less than a day...
Now, aren't he's a little bit too easy to be traumatized for the man of his stature?

Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against Chris as a char or about you liking him...
just don't give those poor excuses as an arguments, alright?

longstorm555 posted...
just the fact that capcom kept throwing 'legendary chris redfield' all over the place already says something.

The fact that it's thrown by the same one person[Piers] over and over again
says something as well, don't you think?

I still think this was the most adequate post on that matter

sbn4 posted...
But to me Chris is the most human/normal character in the series. He's emotional at times, reckless, and requires support to see things through. He's an imperfect person who has been fightinf for a long time.

Sure he isn't a cocky one liner spewing guy, but I prefer him serious. It sets him apart from Leon.

Devs wanted to make Chris more human...
make him act less like a mindless bot(like he seemed to be in previous games)
and to the certain extent they succeeded. It's just, they made him way too hysterical for my personal liking
But I defly accept the probability that I might REALLY like him in the future games
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#47longstorm555Posted 2/14/2013 1:11:41 PM
Archiantagonist posted...
melainevalent posted...
Chris was in deep trauma and shock throughout most of his campaign, Leon wasn't. It's simply not fair to compare both.

O RLY!?
Do you even remember what happened at the very beginning of Leon's campaign?
He shot the man he considered to be his friend and probly would give his life for him if he could.

"Legendary" Chris Redfield, who was fighting all sorts of vile creatures
and was surounded by death for half of his life,
wasn't able to do the same for the rookie he knew for less than a day...
Now, aren't he's a little bit too easy to be traumatized for the man of his stature?

Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against Chris as a char or about you liking him...
just don't give those poor excuses as an arguments, alright?

longstorm555 posted...
just the fact that capcom kept throwing 'legendary chris redfield' all over the place already says something.

The fact that it's thrown by the same one person[Piers] over and over again
says something as well, don't you think?

I still think this was the most adequate post on that matter

sbn4 posted...
But to me Chris is the most human/normal character in the series. He's emotional at times, reckless, and requires support to see things through. He's an imperfect person who has been fightinf for a long time.

Sure he isn't a cocky one liner spewing guy, but I prefer him serious. It sets him apart from Leon.

Devs wanted to make Chris more human...
make him act less like a mindless bot(like he seemed to be in previous games)
and to the certain extent they succeeded. It's just, they made him way too hysterical for my personal liking
But I defly accept the probability that I might REALLY like him in the future games

and here we have another proof of leon's fanboyism, who has absolutely no knwoledge about ptsd, depression and trauma in general. see how he disregards plot points to favor leon instead, who yes, shot the man he considered a friend while chris watched everyone in his squad die ebfore his eyes as he tried to bend iron gates to get to them even tough he knew it was in vain.

because surely, hesitating to kill a monster was originally your friend is a flaw and not a quality. it doesn't show how much pain and guilt chris was being consumed with. meanwhile, leon shot the president, moved on and was okay by the end of chapter 1.

chris, on the other hand, lost his men whom he considered family twice, had amnesia, on top of having it he was also dealing with ptsd, survivor's guilt and experiencing the lowest he's ever been.

lol

you forgot about finn and his: ''is he always this awesome' when talking about chris. and let us not forget the files on RE.NET talking about chris and how awesome he is. oh look, there it is, capcom calling chris awesome again. and OMG, it's not piers who's saying it! =O

thank you, my good sir, for proving once again how one sided and close minded you leon fanatics can be. i have yet to find one leon fan who was able to defend leon without trying to make it look like depression, ptsd and survivor's guilt are 'hysterical' and 'whiny'.

very smart, congratulations on your ignorance. please read this at least, so next time we talk you won't be trying to blindly defend your fav character without knowing about some facts:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001941/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001923/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_guilt
#48sbn4Posted 2/14/2013 1:14:43 PM
Sheva also calls Chris a super hero and Wesker even calls him "one of his best men."

And I didn't think Chris was any more bot like than any of the other characters in the series. I felt he was really only bland in REmake.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#49longstorm555Posted 2/14/2013 1:25:17 PM(edited)
i'll make it simple for you:

Symptoms of PTSD fall into three main categories:

1. "Reliving" the event, which disturbs day-to-day activity

Flashback episodes, where the event seems to be happening again and again

Repeated upsetting memories of the event

Repeated nightmares of the event

Strong, uncomfortable reactions to situations that remind you of the event

2. Avoidance

Emotional "numbing," or feeling as though you don't care about anything

Feeling detached

Being unable to remember important aspects of the trauma

Having a lack of interest in normal activities

Showing less of your moods

Avoiding places, people, or thoughts that remind you of the event

Feeling like you have no future

3. Arousal

Difficulty concentrating

Startling easily

Having an exaggerated response to things that startle you

Feeling more aware (hypervigilance)

Feeling irritable or having outbursts of anger

Having trouble falling or staying asleep.

what's this?
chris has shown most of these symptoms in game! wait, what? =O
so that's what the whiny, hysterical character was going through his whole campaign? so that's why he didn't know how to act in some situations, because he was being consumed with guilt?
is that also why he let his emotions get the best of him when he should have stopped to think instead?

O M G.

who would have thought?

you guys are so keen on treating these characters as real like a user said, i'd want some of you to say all of this about being too hysterical and whiny to a real person who has suffered from ptsd. no, really, i dare you. =D

leon was not suffering from any of these things and while it was hard for him to shoot his friend, he did it anyway and moved on. chris couldn't. not because he didn't want to, but because he was stuck, because he was 'sick'. that's what happens. you get stuck, unable to take action on your own life, unable to man up to your mistakes. and here's the thing:

chris did man up! he did take responsability! he did understand that he let revenge get the best of him! and he apologized! and on top of apologizing, he went back to being a hero, to being a legend again! and not only that but he confronted jake and was ready to take a bullet if the kid thought he deserved one but he still told the truth and admitted he killed wesker for personal reasons and because of orders!

you might say, that's something only a respectable person (in this case, character) would do.

but yeah, leon had it bad.

so bad his ending is of helena throwing him ada's makeup and him smiling and being witty again.
#50longstorm555Posted 2/14/2013 1:23:30 PM
sbn4 posted...
Sheva also calls Chris a super hero and Wesker even calls him "one of his best men."

And I didn't think Chris was any more bot like than any of the other characters in the series. I felt he was really only bland in REmake.

thank you for reminding me of those!

lol chris in remake is really funny.

'jill, would you let me have my moments too?" *spoken in a creepy tone*