Training for High Seas. Do you take the dominator events seriously?

#1DarkkefkaFFXPosted 2/14/2013 1:45:09 AM
For some reason I'm really into these. I'm training on Highseas right now...purposly trying not to score too high before the event. I'll hold the bos to 149 but not kill him..or hit the combo bonus late ini the combo. I've finally learned how to hold gzendo..or rather trap him. He's the only "BOSS" on this stage..so scoring high is difficult. if I kill him at 150..how much time on the clock would you say I'll need to score at least 1.3? My goal is to have the HIGHEST Default Sherry score for this stage.
---
FFX NSGNZ Dark Aeons (Anima left)
Pokemon D/P Friends Codes: 0216 3888 1669
#2icantseePosted 2/14/2013 2:20:55 AM
Good luck! My estimate is that you need 10'48'' with boss hold to get 1.3 mil.

I take solo mercs seriously, but not necesarily dominator events. Would like to get 1.3 mil solo on UC.
---
RE5 and 3DS Mercs fan
#3ennuigamerPosted 2/14/2013 5:10:36 AM
I don't take them seriously myself for two reasons:

-The RE point rewards are crap.
-I suck at the Mercenaries. I can counter and melee/CDG kill well, but I have a hard time keeping the combo. I have a tendency to get too aggressive. I'm working on it though.

If the points were better, I'd have a little more incentive to improve myself.
---
-- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . (Morse code)
#4DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:16:43 AM
i see. i use pharmist while practicing and 'll use time bonus when the event starts.

I seem to average 1.2 without the timer bonus. So considering the +110 secs from that..that's 1.22K. I'm going to have to make use of the grenade/CGD Glitch for more time.

I nurn a lot of time when thoe flying things show up. Maybe I can lure them all together/Flash them..then use the Grenade/CGD glicth on them.
---
#5UnfoolishPosted 2/14/2013 10:00:05 AM
DarkkefkaFFX posted...
My goal is to have the HIGHEST Default Sherry score for this stage.

High Seas Fortress is definitely the hardest map to get the highest score. In Duo I was able to get 1.41 million with a partner. In Solo, I haven't tried it yet. But in Duo I was able to get 1.35 million score with Default Sherry. Most of the time will come from her Counters. You can do Quickshot with her Triple Shot then a couple bullets to the J'avos legs then Counter their next attack 10+ seconds. You can also use her Stun Rod for two options, swing the Stun Rod at them then charge it hit the J'avo again and if J'avo is not dead then Counter for 10+ seconds. If the J'avo gets heavy stun by the charged Stun Rod it gives Sherry a free Coup de Grace attack 7+ seconds. Nice thing about the Stun Rod with Sherry if you are attacking J'avos without a mask, they mutate into Glava-Dims lobsterheads so if you knock them down, finish them off with the Stun Rod it will kill them prevent it from mutating basically save your combo but for 5+ seconds only.
#6DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:54:02 AM
The problem I have with the Stun Rod is when my combo is in danger..i try to switchj to the magnum..but unlike the other weapons..I have to actually wait for her animation to switch to it.

I'll practice though..and I normally counter them with a single quick shot then 3 bullets to the leg.

And I don't mean THE highest score..thoug it would be nice. The hghest Score for Default Sherry users. According to the RE.NEt site..my Default Sherry score for this level is ranked 14. The hghest score is 1,310,406. So if I kill Gzendo at 150...how much time will I need to beat that?
---
#7SemiotequePosted 2/14/2013 1:30:19 PM
I think if you get 8 combo bonus kills at the beginning and kill Gnezdo at 150 it works out to be 10 minutes to beat the 1.310k score. To be safe you might want to shoot for 10:30?
---
PSN: Semioteque
#8probablyidkPosted 2/14/2013 2:16:30 PM
Now that I got all ingame rewards, nope I'm not really participating to get points. Only participating since I play this game almost daily so it's just automatic and for the EX3 costumes.
#9SemiotequePosted 2/14/2013 3:24:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10jmplayerPosted 2/14/2013 3:36:35 PM
Ok. I do.