headshot > melee didn't kill a zombie in mercenary

#1YermomHoudiniPosted 2/14/2013 2:16:59 AM
huh wtf just happened?
how come it didn't work? I can't remember if the zombie was armored or not, but I was in urban chaos and this just happened and broke my combo...
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#2Alky88Posted 2/14/2013 2:59:43 AM
Zombies in Urban Chaos have more health.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#3YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:08:07 AM
it only happened with one female character, every other time is fine. it was really odd because I never had it happened to me before in urban chaos.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#4probablyidkPosted 2/14/2013 3:44:22 AM
Happened once to me to. It was a normal zombie. I had shot it twice, once in the chest and then a headshot and then melee and it didnt die... wtf...
#5slapper1Posted 2/14/2013 7:17:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6AquamarinPosted 2/14/2013 7:38:58 AM
It can happen when you're somehow obstructed from doing the full damage in the animation I think. I don't use that headshot->melee often so I haven't had this problem yet but with CdG plenty of times. Occasionally a fireman, Bloodshot or BSAA soldier will survive one if you don't hit it correctly. Sometimes when you're too fast, you can even completely miss the target with the CdG animation resulting in zero damage dealt. If you've countered a lot, you'll know that sometimes, you can one hit kill certain zombies if you hit it frontally, stun it if you hit it from the side.
In Leon-1, there is one lone zombie when you get to the turnstiles after the spitters' section underground. If you stealth attack it with Leon, you'll do that move (forgot its name) and hit the turnstiles and the zombie survives, if you stealth attack it with Helena, you'll do her sweep/elbow drop and it dies because you're not being obstructed. I'm almost certain there is no individual difference in stealth attack.
#7Alky88Posted 2/14/2013 10:15:46 AM
Enemies get damaged by melee attacks even if they're not the current taget. Most enemies in UC do have higher health compared to other zombie maps and this is obvious when you're trying to counter them.
I don't know which skill you're using but not getting a kill from headshot>melee in UC is pretty normal unless they've patched it recently.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#8CondemnatnWingsPosted 2/14/2013 10:21:36 AM
I've had it happen with Sherry once or twice but just her.
#9sbn4Posted 2/14/2013 11:52:32 AM
I think both Sherry and Helena's headshot throw melees won't instant kill some of the stronger zombies in UC like the armored BSAA zombies.

I think the only true head shot melees that are guaranteed kills are Chris/Ada/Carla because they destroy the head. I think I've had Piers', Leon's, and Jake's not kill.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."