ORC Online Community

#1SamA7XPosted 2/14/2013 10:23:24 AM
I know this is in the wrong section but the ORC forum is pretty much dead so I figured I'm best posting it here.

I've just noticed its 10.99 on the PSN, I didn't mind the game really it wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be, I only sold my copy back then because my 360 got RROD, I always said I would buy it again some day for the PS3, anyway I was wondering if anyone knows if the online is still active or not, I've heard the versus modes are pointless to play because hackers have basicly taken it over, but I'm more interested in the campaign really, I just don't want to buy the game if it's totaly dead.

If anyone can let me know that would be great, thanks :)
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
#2IlDankoPosted 2/14/2013 10:30:59 AM
10.99 for the crappy half of the game.. for the good half you need to pay another 20 bucks.. And i'm not doing that
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#3NineteenthCrossPosted 2/14/2013 10:44:19 AM
It's not hackers, but everyone complains like it is.

These are the three problems with the versus.

1. When you get infected in RE:ORC, you take reduced damage from everything but zombies and bleed damage.
If you constantly heal or get healed without the infection being cleared, you are pretty much a tank. Think of it like the Dead Ringer from TF2.

Since I'm the only person who uses Four Eyes in multiplayer , I just spam the gas canisters and use the MOB to cause bleeding on the so-called hackers and lo-and-behold, they die with no problem. And also curse me out for being a canister spamming ********* because Crimson Heads will spawn and endlessly grapple them.

But like playing Medic in TF2,it's rare to find people who actually want to you know, support their team. They just want to run around and get points+kills , then complain when their team loses.

2. People with goddamn crappy internet connections.
There's a serious problem when you can't tell if someone really has bad internet or if they're using a lagswitch; That's a problem in -alot- of games this generation. The only way to fix it is it create a lobby system that kicks people with a ping higher than 100ms. But developers won't do that.

3. Like Call of Duty, it's hard to tell if someone's cheating or they're just using Mexican Dial-up in Saudi Arabia.
Since like I mentioned in 2. Lag switching and having bad internet have -the same effect- on the game.
You can pour ammo into someone and they won't take a hit. It's actually why I don't play competitive multiplayer games without dedicated servers. With Dedicated servers, the odds even up a little.

As for campaign, people are still playing it. Pretty fun.
I enjoy it because unlike most action-esque horror games released lately, this one keeps the feel of Resident Evil 2, you revisit classic areas, with remixed or reused music. Oh and very, very few and very controller friendly QTES.
After Playing Dead Space 3 and Resident Evil 6, ***** QTES.

Tips for playing the game.

1. your first expensive unlock should be the Samurai Edge.

2. If your gun has a dot sight, look where the dot is before you start shooting. If you just hammer on the trigger like you're playing Gears of War, you won't hit crap and end up like those dudes endlessly complaining about the aiming in the game.
I was one of them until I took a moment to learn to aim.

3. Lickers are tough. Hit them in the brains. Not the head. The brains and they die rather quickly.

4. Use Crimson Heads as human shields.

Also, the music rocks.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear other people's opinions and call them trolls.
http://nineteenth.wordpress.com/
#4NineteenthCrossPosted 2/14/2013 10:51:39 AM
IlDanko posted...
10.99 for the crappy half of the game.. for the good half you need to pay another 20 bucks.. And i'm not doing that

Personally, the first half of the game is the good half.

The Spec-Ops portion is a bit miffy in my opinion. Slant Six already explained that they were rushed by Capcom but still. I would have preferred it to have not been released at all than to be released as is.

The Campaign DLCs.

Pros:
Sherry.
Letting Sherry die.
Getting raped by the Nemesis.
Nemesis theme remix.
You learn where that pile of Spec Op corpses came from in Resident Evil 2.

Cons:
Party Girl & Willow.
USBCs have much better toys than when you're playing as them.
The ending was a cop-out.

The Weapon Packs
Pros: Anti-Material Rifle is OP.
Cons: Everyone who uses it online can't seem to aim for beans.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear other people's opinions and call them trolls.
http://nineteenth.wordpress.com/
#5SamA7X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:52:34 AM
Thanks for the info I might buy it then, I might buy the 2 dlc packs too if I find the online is active enough once I start :)
---
#6Syn_VengeancePosted 2/14/2013 11:54:19 AM
SamA7X posted...
Thanks for the info I might buy it then, I might buy the 2 dlc packs too if I find the online is active enough once I start :)

i still have the game from launch lol and all the dlc, so message me if you ever wanna play. i think im already friends with you on psn, im buddy43
#7darkvoid2100Posted 2/14/2013 1:00:35 PM
i can't speak for the online population but i played the game a lot for about 3-4 months and i thought it was very enjoyable. Sure it has flaws and is unbalanced and it sucks they charged for half of the campaign but the online was a ton of fun, probably most fun I've had in an online shooter in years, just don't take it too serious.
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3720/89106594.jpg
http://s18.postimage.org/pz9w0l995/jill.jpg
#8ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/14/2013 1:35:14 PM
I also enjoyed the game, particularly the multiplayer back when ti came out. Survivors was my favorite mode.

Sadly my PS3 got struck by the YLOD last year, and lost all my data.

I have begun buying again all the stuff I already had (I have finished skills so far and started weapons), but it's taking time.

It doesn't help matters that I have also been very busy IRL recently.

Still, feel free to add me:

Hakumen__

If I happen to be around I'll gladly join in.
#9ManuMIASPosted 2/14/2013 1:55:27 PM
The Online its pretty active, also you can find matches with people that got the Pack1 and Pack2 DLC.

Cementery is my favorite stage.
#10SamA7X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:56:35 PM
I just bought it and it just finished downloading so I'm going to start, Syn I already havr you added yeah so if you ever wana play let me know, and I just added you Hakumen :) if anyone else wants to add me that still plays this game my PSN is in my sig, just let me know in the invite that your from here :)

And thanks again for all the info guys :)
---