Why can't they make the music like this again?

#11ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/15/2013 3:54:23 AM(edited)
The RE6 OST really isn't that bad and a lot of them convey the cutscenes perfect. If you want bad atmospheric music in a survival horror game that honor goes to Resident Evil Director's Cut, or *raises flame shield* Silent Hill 1.

Sorry, I love Silent Hill 1 but some of the tracks is just loud banging as instruments. Definitely not that memorable for me as other tracks in the series.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#12Neutron15Posted 2/15/2013 3:56:17 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
The RE6 OST really isn't that bad and a lot of them convey the cutscenes perfect. If you want bad atmospheric music in a survival horror game that honor goes to Resident Evil Director's Cut, or *raises flame shield* Silent Hill 1.

Sorry, I love Silent Hill 1 but some of the tracks is just loud banging as instruments. Definitely not that memorable for me as other tracks in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeuZt2mmyQ
---
I Found A Survivor. The B.O.W.s Got Her Though.
#13DetBeauregardPosted 2/15/2013 4:13:57 AM
The orchestral stuff has been around since RE2; it just wasn't used as often. I agree, though -- they need to make some more awesome atmospheric tracks like the RPD Front Hall, Marshalling Yard, Secure Place, etc.

I think Code Veronica has the best music in the series. The Ashford theme is so haunting.
#14ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/15/2013 5:15:44 AM(edited)
Neutron15 posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeuZt2mmyQ

Keyword was "some".
Like that stuff during the Harry nightmare sequence, and some of the chase tracks where it's nothing but random smashing on a drum set.

I hated those tracks. Loved the orchestral ones and main theme though.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#15AG15Posted 2/15/2013 7:10:42 AM
This is what I always say! RE lost a lot of its charm ever since the music got all hollywoody. If the next installment gets ambient music again, and removes co-op, Im sure it will be a good RE game.
---
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''