Why can't they make the music like this again?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why can't they make the music like this again?
3 years ago#11
The RE6 OST really isn't that bad and a lot of them convey the cutscenes perfect. If you want bad atmospheric music in a survival horror game that honor goes to Resident Evil Director's Cut, or *raises flame shield* Silent Hill 1.

Sorry, I love Silent Hill 1 but some of the tracks is just loud banging as instruments. Definitely not that memorable for me as other tracks in the series.
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
3 years ago#12
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
The RE6 OST really isn't that bad and a lot of them convey the cutscenes perfect. If you want bad atmospheric music in a survival horror game that honor goes to Resident Evil Director's Cut, or *raises flame shield* Silent Hill 1.

Sorry, I love Silent Hill 1 but some of the tracks is just loud banging as instruments. Definitely not that memorable for me as other tracks in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeuZt2mmyQ
I Found A Survivor. The B.O.W.s Got Her Though.
3 years ago#13
The orchestral stuff has been around since RE2; it just wasn't used as often. I agree, though -- they need to make some more awesome atmospheric tracks like the RPD Front Hall, Marshalling Yard, Secure Place, etc.

I think Code Veronica has the best music in the series. The Ashford theme is so haunting.
3 years ago#14
Neutron15 posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeuZt2mmyQ

Keyword was "some".
Like that stuff during the Harry nightmare sequence, and some of the chase tracks where it's nothing but random smashing on a drum set.

I hated those tracks. Loved the orchestral ones and main theme though.
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
3 years ago#15
This is what I always say! RE lost a lot of its charm ever since the music got all hollywoody. If the next installment gets ambient music again, and removes co-op, Im sure it will be a good RE game.
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why can't they make the music like this again?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived