You have to feel bad for leon...

#1saleonkennedyPosted 2/18/2013 2:12:03 AM
I mean come on he was he raised up with a bad father who was a dirty cop. Gets into a zombie apocolypse the first day of the job. Falls in love with a girl that same day but she "dies" . Leon finds out she is alive 3 years later but she doesnt ever give him the time of day. Years later, he still holds strong with what they had that Day when he first encountered zombies (the kiss). Protects her from harm from a certain someone and she still leaves him in the dust.

I really hope ada is protecting leon by keeping her distance because if not thats messed up.

I hope in whatever title leon and ada are in next, they incredibly move their relationship one way, whether one dies (worst scenario) or that they get together (best scenario)... I hope capcom doesnt string leon along for more abuse (most likely scenario).

Honestly how do you feel about leon as a character? Sure he may make jokes making himself less serious than other protagonists but is it his personality? Or a defense mechanism?

Lets try to have a mature and serious discussion about leon as a character.
---
gamertag: Leon Kennedy I2
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater
#2saleonkennedy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:16:33 AM
I think leon needs to open up a little more toward his love for ada. For example, when

**** SPOILERS****

Chris tells Leon that ada is dead, Leon should have had a tear run down his cheek at the most. However i did think capcom did his expression to the news rather well.

Side note, how do you hide your text for spoilers?
---
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater
#3kalibre16Posted 2/18/2013 2:28:08 AM
Had CO-OP been done correctly we'd have Leon chasing after Ada and Helena finishing off Simmons

(It really makes me wonder how Capcom would handle an RE2 REmake, clearly they're obsessed with Co-op at this point and while I'm not a fan I don't really mind it BUT if they change the story around to implement it in their game I'd be pretty upset)
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#4saleonkennedy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:35:00 AM
kalibre16 posted...
Had CO-OP been done correctly we'd have Leon chasing after Ada and Helena finishing off Simmons

(It really makes me wonder how Capcom would handle an RE2 REmake, clearly they're obsessed with Co-op at this point and while I'm not a fan I don't really mind it BUT if they change the story around to implement it in their game I'd be pretty upset)
---

I agree that if they make a remake they need to keep it singleplayer
AND with that also add into the story something the newer fans would like.
One controls leon, the other claire and since they split up in the beggining then it would work canon wise for a while. No ink ribbons in coop. You just try to finish the game.

On the leon subject, one thing i must add is that he is getting older, and he prob has had ada in his heart this whole time. Its almost like an entire chapter of his life was wasted.
---
#5AndyDonoPosted 2/18/2013 3:07:18 AM
saleonkennedy posted...
Sure he may make jokes making himself less serious than other protagonists but is it his personality? Or a defense mechanism

You're looking into it too much, it just a part of his personality. Its one of the things that keeps him "unique" among the RE's cast.

However now we have Jake who's basically a beefed up version of RE4 Leon, there's really nothing "unique" about Leon's wise cracking jokes anymore...

I hope in whatever title leon and ada are in next, they incredibly move their relationship one way, whether one dies (worst scenario) or that they get together (best scenario)... I hope capcom doesnt string leon along for more abuse (most likely scenario

Its been over 10 years and Leon's and Ada's romance had yet to progress beyond the same boring cat and mouse chase. So no I don't feel sorry for Leon's love life. Capcom should just have him hook up with Hunnigan if they persist on having romance in RE, at least that seems like a healthy relationship because at the rate Capcom are doing things Leon is still going to be whip around by Ada when both of them are in their 40s.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#6good_tobiPosted 2/18/2013 11:53:31 AM
saleonkennedy posted...
I really hope ada is protecting leon by keeping her distance because if not thats messed up.

That's the only reason I see why she runs away every time. In RE2, she probably meant more about her life/profession than her situation when she said " but you'll be in danger if you stay with me " to Leon when he tells her "its my job to look after you" .

I hope in whatever title leon and ada are in next, they incredibly move their relationship one way, whether one dies (worst scenario) or that they get together (best scenario)

After years of not being together,"sad" endings, "dieing" etc it is standard rule/law (unless Capcom tries to be different/simply alienate fans) , there will be a happy ending.
Though it is unlikely, It will be better if one dies (personally I prefer this).

Honestly how do you feel about leon as a character? Sure he may make jokes making himself less serious than other protagonists but is it his personality? Or a defense mechanism?

It is his personality, Kamiya's view of a cool guy.

I think leon needs to open up a little more toward his love for ada. For example, when Chris tells Leon that ada is dead Leon should have had a tear run down his cheek at the most. However i did think capcom did his expression to the news rather well.

When it comes to Ada, I think Leon is an introverted person. Ashley is the only person with whom he has shared his feelings about Ada and that too on her insistence. He didn't tell anything about Ada to,

Helena throughout whole RE6 story (anyway she got her answers on her own, wasn't that hard)
Claire- else Chris would have known about Ada. Check RE2 ending how he bids farewell to Ada, just shows how he doesn't share his personal thoughts/feelings with anybody too easily.
Don't know but surely he hasn't mentioned Ada to Hunnigan.

I think Leon's reaction to Chris' news was well indeed. If he had seen it, things might have been different.

Side note, how do you hide your text for spoilers?

{<}spoiler{>} write spoiler {<}/spoiler{>} (don't type curly brackets)
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#7largerockPosted 2/18/2013 12:14:06 PM
I feel bad for the vehicles that Leon used.

Always 'splodin......
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#8IlDankoPosted 2/18/2013 12:15:42 PM
Chris and claire's parents died when they were kids, then their grandparents died and they were alone, sherry's parents were killed and her father became this ugly beast who wanted to impregnate her, then she was taken by the government and kept in a room for 12 years,wesker was separated from his family when he was just a baby and had to support tons of experiments to determine his superior genes, jake was abandoned by his father, just raised by his illed mother, and finally when he gets a way to earn money for her treatment, she dies.. And we need to feel bad for leon?
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#9ArchiantagonistPosted 2/18/2013 12:28:38 PM(edited)
saleonkennedy posted...

I believe, one does not exclude the other here.
Leon is usually good at two things - Surviving and Dealing with situation at a time
So I guess, his sarcastic nature is just another tool that he uses to face all that stuff
that happens around him for almost half of his life, without severe consequences.
But doing this for so long should have pretty much made it the part of his personality itself.

I hope in whatever title leon and ada are in next, they incredibly move their relationship one way, whether one dies (worst scenario) or that they get together (best scenario)... I hope capcom doesnt string leon along for more abuse (most likely scenario).

I think, that is precisely what will happen if we'll ever see Leon and Ada together again.
That's basically what this couple is all about...
"Leon...ever the surviver..." + Evasive Enigma that Ada always were

good_tobi posted...
I think Leon's reaction to Chris' news was well indeed. If he had seen it, things might have been different.

I agree. These two have deep mutual respect to each other(unlike their fans)
so when Chris told him that Ada was dead(without even mentioning that it wasn't Chris that killed her)
Leon reacted in an adequate manner, cos' he trusted Chris "would do the right thing"(as he said earlier)
thus probly assuming that Chris simply had no choice.
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#10SSJ_JinPosted 2/18/2013 12:36:52 PM
saleonkennedy posted...
I mean come on he was he raised up with a bad father who was a dirty cop.

When was this ever said?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/