Out of the main series, is Resident Evil 6 the DMC2 ?

#1ShinWeskerPosted 2/18/2013 4:06:57 PM
Not counting the hip, new DmC, is Resident Evil 6 on the same level as DMC2 out of a great franchise?
---
Top 5 Fighters: TTT2, UMVC3, KOF13, SSF4, BB:CSE.
Shadows of the Damned >>> RE6, Binary Domain >>> ME3
#2Red04Posted 2/18/2013 4:10:11 PM
What's your opinion on DMC 2 then?
---
"Which witch switched the Swatch watch?"
#3ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:26:02 PM
Red04 posted...

The general consensus is that DMC2 is a disgrace to the Devil May Cry series...

Personally, I didn't hate it as much but it's def. the weakest (I don't count that joke game, DmC)
---
Top 5 Fighters: TTT2, UMVC3, KOF13, SSF4, BB:CSE.
Shadows of the Damned >>> RE6, Binary Domain >>> ME3
#4SamA7XPosted 2/18/2013 4:34:14 PM
DMC2 isn't a bad game really but I agree that it can't compare to the others. Same with RE6 it isn't a horrible game but it ranks low on my list of top RE games.
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
#5tevin1569Posted 2/18/2013 4:50:47 PM
Everyone is so different on RE games...No wonder Capcom is confused! I don't see them making a game without depressing certain fans.. But I never played DMC. But I like RE6, it's one of my favorites.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#6SolidStryderPosted 2/18/2013 4:50:52 PM
ShinWesker posted...
Red04 posted...

If that's the case then no, RE4 takes that title.
#7IlDankoPosted 2/18/2013 4:58:46 PM
SolidStryder posted...
ShinWesker posted...
Red04 posted...

If that's the case then no, RE4 takes that title.

Totally
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#8ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/18/2013 6:26:32 PM(edited)
I hope my take on this topic is agreeable and here's what I think:

DMC 1 = RE1
The originals that spawned mass critical acclaim and soared the genre they established to new heights.

DMC2 = RE5
They have a relation because this is where the original directors weren't attached the respective projects.

DMC3 = RE4
A beastly return to form / stylish reinvention to that brought the series back to life after long years of hiatus.

DMC4 = RE6
While continuing the franchise, both these games seemed like stellar blockbusters with obviously amped up production values. However the general consensus for both of these games are VERY polarizing at best, notmatter how good or bad they are.

For DMC4 & RE6 it boils down to a "love it or hate it" affair amongst the community.

DmC = ORC

Pure and utter dogs*** that caused a good sum of denial to run rampant upon release. Certain gamers claimed that these atrocious games were actually good under certain circumstances, focusing on the fundamentals the game had itself and not anything else.

In any event, the fun was few and far between for extreme purists of the original series thus these games are shunned extremely like they never existed or was ever created.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#9Matty0289Posted 2/18/2013 6:26:12 PM
When people have been saying

"DmC"- are you referring to the Newest 2013 one?

You people didn't like it?
---
Starcraft 2 Character Name- Aqua / Code-140 Playstation3 PSN: Matty0289
Nintendo 3DS "Friend Code"-----> 4596-9586-8808
#10ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/18/2013 6:36:35 PM(edited)
When people have been saying

"DmC"- are you referring to the Newest 2013 one?

You people didn't like it?

Want a good indication of how that game is received? Go to the DmC board and it won't take you long to see how that game is SUPREMELY polarizing. Mostly leaning towards hatred for legitimate reasons.

Not sure about others but I know DmC was a disappointment for me.

I played it and I'll have to quote the gaming Brit to best sum up my feelings on the matter who made a fantastic review on it by the way:

"The problem is that when compared to older Devil May Cry games it's like we took five steps back and stumbled into a puddle."

(i.e. The game is a watered down as f***, and new Dante is a horrible, horrible character.)
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990