Why is Resident Evil 2 considered to be the best in the series?

#31Morpheus102686Posted 2/19/2013 5:57:01 PM
2 is overrated. It's a great game but REmake and 3 are better.
---
New York Yankees
#32Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/19/2013 6:13:38 PM
Because 2 did everything better than 1? It's like, the perfect sequel.

Well, Barry was better than 2, but every thing else in 1 is pretty lame.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#33tevin1569Posted 2/19/2013 6:20:02 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Because 2 did everything better than 1? It's like, the perfect sequel.

Well, Barry was better than 2, but every thing else in 1 is pretty lame.

Besides the awesome characters!?!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#34Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/19/2013 6:34:54 PM
One-Dimensional is giving the cast of RE1 too much credit.

Everyone in RE2 has a back story, and the bad guy is built up the entire game, motivation, family dynamics, it even physically evolves as the game goes on .

RE1 just has a "WHAT A TWIST", then said twist gets killed immediately. Barry is the only character in RE1 with any sort of sensical story arc.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#35Dark_SpiretPosted 2/19/2013 7:19:53 PM
its not really about scares as it is about everything else. RE2 was just bigger in everything while improving all elements like environmental detail, area progression and advancing the story. more/better weapons, enemies, replay value ect. IMO its the definition of a perfect sequel IN COMPARISON to the first game. For me it was like an uncharted 1 to uncharted 2 scenario. the core mechanics are still there, but everything is improved.

this only got better as the series progressed, but i feel the games were more hit and miss in comparison to RE1 to RE2.