QTE's Question

#1kalibre16Posted 2/21/2013 4:23:20 AM
So I've been playing this game since launch, hell I've seen users come and go, set up matches through here. And I'd say nearly half my friends list is from here lol anyways as such I've long since beaten the campaign in PRO with everyone.

I've been playing No Hope for a while (I'd be done with it if it wasn't for school, work etc...) Anyways so my cousin comes over to play the game (he's fairly new so to him everything's still fresh) he was a bit confused on how to beat the orgoman segment so after about 20-25 minutes of watching him fail I decide to be nice and show him the proper way to pass it

Now granted he's playing on PRO but when I shoot him in the back he does his animation falls and as I go up to mash the X button I'm expecting the worst but to my surprise the dial barely gets to 1/3 before I'm done at this point I'm like WTF (I do this again a couple more times and the same thing)

As I recall I practically had to break the controller the first time around (PRO) so I was a bit flabbergasted at how easy it was, I did the same with the second one (that one first required you pull out his back by rotating your analog stick and again it went from a mario party fest to barely moving my sticks)

So my question is did they make the QTE's significantly easier and has anyone else noticed this? Or have I just gotten significantly better, I mean I have 200+ hours on this but damn I don't think my strength increased that much lol
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#2kalibre16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:27:24 AM
BTW I know the updates have allowed for QTE assist but I thought those only applied if you turned them on which to my knowledge were not, hell I never bothered with any of the options past the initial boot up. I got used to playing with what I had so changing the camera, brightness or having the crosshair and online names would just mess me up by now.
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#3WWP7Posted 2/21/2013 12:11:12 PM
One of the patches released "fixed" the difficulty of some parts of the game.
I guess the Ogroman fight is one of those parts, as well as Simmons'.
The QTE to punch him is a lot easier now, unlike 3/4 months ago when you had to equip the Skill Break Free to do it properly.

You can see a message of the game's changes in the game change log (press triangle on the starting screen to see it).
#4WWP7Posted 2/21/2013 12:15:09 PM
* Do it properly on higher difficulties.
#5xphoenixonxPosted 2/21/2013 1:07:00 PM
I noticed when you climb the rope that you know longer need to hold it in before pressing the other one so its so much easier
---
GT-Jake Muller91, PS3 X0XNixonX0X
Bring back resident evil outbreak!
#6tevin1569Posted 2/21/2013 1:29:04 PM
xphoenixonx posted...
I noticed when you climb the rope that you know longer need to hold it in before pressing the other one so its so much easier

I guess I need to play story again...maybe I'm weird but I enjoyed the QTE's. O.o
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#7Steven-ChasePosted 2/21/2013 4:04:31 PM
It'd be nice to get a changelog half as thorough as what Capcom releases for their fighting games. Or a changelog at all...
---
www.steven-chase.com
#8gmoshierPosted 2/21/2013 4:12:21 PM
That recent patch did wonders for those frustrating QTE's.
---
Must buy Tomb Raider, RE: Revelations, & The Last of Us!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/7/gmoshier.png
#9YermomHoudiniPosted 2/21/2013 4:32:30 PM
before patch, I had to use autofire to beat simmons on pro
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#10kalibre16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 1:03:45 AM
YermomHoudini posted...
before patch, I had to use autofire to beat simmons on pro

Yeah that's what I mean I remember having to prepare myself before the QTE even started in order to have the momentum to get it done lol (didn't know about that breakout trick I always had Melee, Firearm, and Defense at LV3 or below depending on where I Was at)

And like I said I know about the patch in January that allowed for QTE assist but again I thought that was only enabled if you turned it on, anyways I didn't feel any difference until the latest patch the 19MB one that added trophies

oh well I'm glad I'm not the only who's noticed this for a second I thought I was imagining things. I'm also happy I did all my Pro runs before they "fixed" the game they probably did the same for No hope but I got Leon's and Chri's done a while ago I just have Jake and Ada and I don't really remember too many frustrating moments from those two

I recently picked up the XBOX version as well (it was 20 dollars so I figured eh why not?) I probably won't be updating it though since I don't have XBOX live so there's really no point in me being online with it. I will however try recording said difference and the simmons battle to see if its true or not if anyone else has any other moments they thought was made easier in terms of QTE or the game in general leave them here and I'll make a note of it
---
---