campaign gameplay differences/I should've started with Leon instead of Chris!

#1sugarcube666Posted 2/21/2013 9:27:08 AM
This RE installment is quite puzzling to me!

I feel that the campaigns have huge differences in feeling & gameplay... and somehow believe that depending on taste and played campaign, users could have very different opinions!

First of all it's clear that since RE4 the gameplay is vastly different than how it used to be. I don't mind that!
However, I started off with RE6 with Chris' campaign... and was really disappointed during the first few hours. Annoying controls... really, REALLY bad dialogues and story... very alien feeling of the whole gameplay (even compared to RE5)... I didn't follow the media coverage and thought at first that this installment was made by non-Japanese developers. (like it happens with once great series like Silent Hill imho) However, after half of the campaign I got the feeling of it and began to enjoy it quite a lot.

After finishing Chris' campaign and having started with Leons campaign I was mesmerized! I loved the setting (which felt a lot more like RE1/2), feeling and the pace of it. The story&dialogues aren't the best (well, is RE known for it's Shakespearean plots&poetry?) but never as annoying as in Chris' campaign. I guess I'm kinda addicted!!!

I guess this depends on taste: I much more enjoy an atmospheric graveyard/dusty manor/corpses setting than an overly action filled military/muscle-packed hero/ultralarge monster setting.
I think many people are disappointed by RE6 just because they started playing a wrong campaign! (and I guess people who think that RE died with RE4 won't be convinced either!)

All in all I am amazed at the vast content of this game and really appreciate to have such different gameplay experiences. I'm curious to see how the other campaigns will be!
#2good_tobiPosted 2/21/2013 9:40:52 AM
You should have followed campaign choices as shown in campaign menu, that's how Capcom wants you to play.

And the differences you mentioned between leon and Chris is exactly what Capcom planned/did to please its diverse fan community.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#3IlDankoPosted 2/21/2013 9:45:56 AM
good_tobi posted...
You should have followed campaign choices as shown in campaign menu, that's how Capcom wants you to play.

Don't do that ^... F*** the system
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#4sugarcube666(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:49:26 AM
that's what I thought as well after starting with Leon! ;)
However, when first playing the game it seemed to me that it wouldn't matter where to start. I guess I made the wrong choice but for others this would've been the right one.

out of curiosity: what can I expect from the other campaigns? :)
#5sugarcube666(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:50:39 AM
IlDanko posted...
good_tobi posted...

Don't do that ^... F*** the system

LOL ^^
#6good_tobiPosted 2/21/2013 9:58:40 AM
sugarcube666 posted...
that's what I thought as well after starting with Leon! ;)
However, when first playing the game it seemed to me that it wouldn't matter where to start. I guess I made the wrong choice but for others this would've been the right one.

out of curiosity: what can I expect from the other campaigns? :)

Yeah it doesn't matter but Leon is ideal to begin with. It has got that classic touch esp first chapter.

Jake = another chris
Ada = mixture of leon and chris campaigns
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#7tevin1569Posted 2/21/2013 1:40:43 PM
Jakes was my favorite :DDDD
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#8DetBeauregardPosted 2/21/2013 9:59:54 PM
sugarcube666 posted...
I much more enjoy an atmospheric graveyard/dusty manor/corpses setting than an overly action filled military/muscle-packed hero/ultralarge monster setting.

I'd love to know how you feel about Leon's campaign once you get further into it. Specifically, chapter 5.
#9sbn4Posted 2/21/2013 10:16:20 PM
Leon's campaign sputtered and dies by around chapter three. It started sucking by the middle of chapter 2 for me.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#10DetBeauregardPosted 2/21/2013 10:26:43 PM
sbn4 posted...
Leon's campaign sputtered and dies by around chapter three. It started sucking by the middle of chapter 2 for me.

Agreed. I did like the first two sections of 4, though.