Just beat Chris' campaign, my thoughts

#1RyuNinjaDogPosted 2/21/2013 5:57:35 PM
Lemme start by saying that I've beaten every main RE game except for the first one on the PS. Prior to this game, my fav in the series is RE4, and unlike most people I liked RE5 a lot, but I recognize that it's inferior to RE4.

When I first played the demo for RE6, I was underwhelmed mostly because of the camera and the controls felt odd. But after getting used to them, I actually began to love the game. Then the reviews came, and they completely trashed this game, I felt unfairly. Most people seemed to be whining how RE6 evolved into something else other than survival horror. After RE5, I've stopped really expecting that anyway so it was a non-issue for me.

Anyway after picking up the game recently for 20 bucks new, I just beat Chris's campaign, and I can safely say that this is one of the best games I've played. Most of the complaints professional reviewers and fanboys have been saying about the game are simply not true. I never felt that the QTE got excessive or annoying. Complete lies, if you played God of War, then this game shouldn't shock you with its QTE, nor did I feel that they were inappropriate.

Anyway, I'm gona stop here because I don't want to turn this into a review yet. Suffice to say, if the rest of the game is as good or better than Chris' campaign, I may have a new fav RE game.
#2AG15Posted 2/21/2013 6:15:24 PM
I completely agree with you, TC. I also loved RE6, though I admit it does have a few flaws (no game is perfect....unless youre talking about FF7) but it also has a LOT of amazing things.

I also beat Chris's campaign first, and I was just in utter shock at the end, it was super emotional, something no RE game had ever done so well before. To tell you the truth, I used to like Leon better before, but after I played Chris's campaign in RE6, I really started to like him as a character much more than Leon.
---
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#3IlDankoPosted 2/21/2013 6:19:07 PM
QTEs are Leon's problem, thats why he has the worst campaign in the game
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#4Hawke0Posted 2/21/2013 6:32:12 PM
AG15 posted...
I completely agree with you, TC. I also loved RE6, though I admit it does have a few flaws (no game is perfect....unless youre talking about Metroid Prime, OoT, RE4, Eternal Darkness, or FF7) but it also has a LOT of amazing things.

I also beat Chris's campaign first, and I was just in utter shock at the end, it was super emotional, something no RE game had ever done so well before. To tell you the truth, I used to like Leon better before, but after I played Chris's campaign in RE6, I really started to like him as a character much more than Leon.

fix'd
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.
#5shnoob2Posted 2/21/2013 6:39:45 PM
QTE's are never a problem in this game at any time. People just echo, parrot, and exaggerate when it comes to this game. Hell, there aren't ANY QTE's in the cutscenes. RE4 and 5 have just as many, if not more, QTE's and they weren't thrashed for it.

Leon's campaign is the best of the game, TC, so you still have that to look forward to. Jake's is fun, but not too memorable and neither is Ada's. That isn't to say that they're bad; they just aren't able to stand on their own like Leon and Chris's.
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#6tevin1569Posted 2/21/2013 6:50:46 PM
shnoob2 posted...
QTE's are never a problem in this game at any time. People just echo, parrot, and exaggerate when it comes to this game. Hell, there aren't ANY QTE's in the cutscenes. RE4 and 5 have just as many, if not more, QTE's and they weren't thrashed for it.

Leon's campaign is the best of the game, TC, so you still have that to look forward to. Jake's is fun, but not too memorable and neither is Ada's. That isn't to say that they're bad; they just aren't able to stand on their own like Leon and Chris's.

I agree with the QTE's....

Of course Leon being the best is an opinion. For me Jake's was really memorable. I've never experienced that in RE. Hiding from a hulking beast...stealth. The Neo-Umbrella hospital or whatever was amazing.

But of course if you liked Chris's doesn't mean you'll like the rest. But I'm guessing you will.

I like all the campaigns though.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#7AG15Posted 2/21/2013 6:53:06 PM
@ Hawke0

You missed MGS1/MGS3!!!

Eternal Darkness was awesome, I agree on that.

OoT is also top notch.

Never been into the Metroid series though...
---
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#8Dark_SpiretPosted 2/21/2013 7:10:49 PM
Chris' and Ada's campaigns are pretty limited when it comes to the games' issues. Leons is where most of the complaints come in. its got a lot of problems that either dont show up in the other campaigns or are very limited. That said many of the issues are over stated in general.
#9largerockPosted 2/21/2013 8:14:53 PM
Hawke0 posted...
AG15 posted...
I completely agree with you, TC. I also loved RE6, though I admit it does have a few flaws (no game is perfect....unless youre talking about Metroid Prime, OoT, RE4, MGS1, MGS3, GODHAND, Dark Souls, Kingdom Hearts 2, Eternal Darkness, or FF7) but it also has a LOT of amazing things.

fix'd

f-fix'd
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#10Rolle86Posted 2/21/2013 8:58:53 PM
I love this game. I don't care what people say about it I think it's worth it. Me and my brother started with Jake's campaign and had a blast playing through it. Leon's was fun except the long walking in chapter 1 and figuring out how to beat the final boss. Chris' campaign I kept running low on ammo and getting pounded by J'avo in chapter 4. and Ada's campaign was kind of meh until chapter 4. Oh and the recent Ada partner not being able to open doors/interract (proves Ada is crazy talking to herself and having hallucinations of him being there and teleporting around lol) Just little complaints but other than that I love it.