Just beat Chris' campaign, my thoughts

#21edward18Posted 2/21/2013 10:37:18 PM
Yes
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#22sbn4Posted 2/22/2013 12:08:04 AM
Eh, all of RE6 was an action shooter. Leon's campaign masquerades as horror, but its straight action.

At least Chris' makes no qualms of what it is. It doesn't suffer an identity crisis, and has the most consistent gameplay.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#23kakarotozeroPosted 2/22/2013 7:55:27 AM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
AG15 posted...
I completely agree with you, TC. I also loved RE6, though I admit it does have a few flaws (no game is perfect....unless youre talking about FF7) but it also has a LOT of amazing things.

I also beat Chris's campaign first, and I was just in utter shock at the end, it was super emotional, something no RE game had ever done so well before. To tell you the truth, I used to like Leon better before, but after I played Chris's campaign in RE6, I really started to like him as a character much more than Leon.

Wait, Final Fantasy VII was perfect? Really? I don't believe Final Fantasy VII had Cefca Palazzo for it to be perfect : )

FF VII is the only rpg game in the history that I ever played more than 4 times
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#24jpv2000Posted 2/22/2013 8:58:13 AM
Chris's campaign was my favorite, but I enjoyed them all.

The game was an 8/10 for me and the patches have bumped that to an 8.5/10. Some good campaign DLC could knock it up to a 9.

Mass Effect 3 taught me to always ignore so called pro reviews.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#25BSTRDKRFTPosted 2/22/2013 9:25:24 AM
AG15 posted...
@ Hawke0

You missed MGS1/MGS3!!!

Eternal Darkness was awesome, I agree on that.

OoT is also top notch.

Never been into the Metroid series though...

Eternal Darkness....agreed!
---
PSN: BSTRDKRFT
#26AG15Posted 2/22/2013 9:45:48 AM
FF6 was also perfect for me, best VGM ever in an RPG (Dancing Mad)

Back on topic, something that really annoyed me about this entry was the fact that you couldnt find and read files while playing the game, you had to shoot those emblems, exit the main game, and go to the library section to read em. That kind of killed the vibe.

I always loved finding and reading disturbing entries (itchy....tasty) because they gave the game so much more atmosphere. Other than that, awesome game.
---
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#27shotgunheadshotPosted 2/22/2013 10:02:59 AM
edward18 posted...
4 killed the series.

Give it up. You said you like the game a lot so why complain about it? If the game was just as fun as the originals then why complain about it? It did its job for you so let it be. Killing the series is irrevelant if the game still ended up being fun to you.
#28DetBeauregardPosted 2/22/2013 10:46:22 AM
sbn4 posted...
Eh, all of RE6 was an action shooter. Leon's campaign masquerades as horror, but its straight action.

At least Chris' makes no qualms of what it is. It doesn't suffer an identity crisis, and has the most consistent gameplay.

The problem with the "horror" in Leon's campaign (and all the campaigns, really, but his is the worst) is that it's so scripted and forced down your throat. It plays out the exact same way every time. I wish developers would stop trying to make movies, drop all the cinematic scripted gameplay crap, and actually make a GAME. There's currently far too few games that actually place gameplay over spectacle and story. Call me old school, but games should be about gameplay first and foremost.

shotgunheadshot posted...
Give it up. You said you like the game a lot so why complain about it? If the game was just as fun as the originals then why complain about it? It did its job for you so let it be. Killing the series is irrevelant if the game still ended up being fun to you.

I understand where he's coming from; I too thought the older games had far more atmosphere, tension, better characters, and more unique gameplay than the more recent ones. But to say that "RE4 killed the series" is absurd -- if anything, it would have died off without it.

In before he says "I'd rather the series have died..."

To be honest, I really disliked RE4 when it first came out. It preserved almost nothing of the original series, and had a story that felt like the opposite of what Resident Evil is supposed to be about. But after I let my grudges go, I discovered that the gameplay was utterly fantastic. Not Resident Evil, but still fantastic. And it is still a great game to this day. I don't think 5, 6, or even Revelations can come anywhere close to it.
#29Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/22/2013 11:02:10 AM
sbn4 posted...

Exactly. Leon's story tried to be something it wasn't. Chris' story on the otherhand, did not feel artificial or unnatural the way Leon's story did. Hence, another reason why Chris' story is the superior of the 4.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#30Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/22/2013 11:04:09 AM
kakarotozero posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
AG15 posted...
I completely agree with you, TC. I also loved RE6, though I admit it does have a few flaws (no game is perfect....unless youre talking about FF7) but it also has a LOT of amazing things.

I also beat Chris's campaign first, and I was just in utter shock at the end, it was super emotional, something no RE game had ever done so well before. To tell you the truth, I used to like Leon better before, but after I played Chris's campaign in RE6, I really started to like him as a character much more than Leon.

Wait, Final Fantasy VII was perfect? Really? I don't believe Final Fantasy VII had Cefca Palazzo for it to be perfect : )

FF VII is the only rpg game in the history that I ever played more than 4 times

And what is Final Fantasy IV and VI? Chopped liver?
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul