Survivors and balance

#1PyroSparkPosted 2/22/2013 1:00:54 PM
Okay so at first, it's obvious that they didn't try to balance it in the slightest, and from watching gameplay videos it almost seemed okay to me personally. Because they sure as hell didn't try to balance RE5 survivors. xD

Quickshots: They should not auto aim. They should shoot directly in front of you like nothing was there so characters like Ada are not completely crippled, and Piers doesn't have what is basically a giant magnum.

Weapon loadouts: This was done fairly well aside from a few points...

Sherry's bear commander should not have a grenade round. Either that, or change the assault rifle.

Agent: His loudout should have stayed the same as mercs. Handgun, knife, semi-auto sniper. Easy fix.

Piers: With quickshot auto aiming remove, his sniper isn't nearly as miserable.

Skills: Anything that increases gun damage should not be included. Quick shot damage increase, shooting wild, and target master should not exist. Things do enough damage as it is.

The option to turn power weapons off: I fully support the chaotic matches of an FFA where everyone is shooting everyone at once, but in something a little more competitive like teams, it should be an option. Not like public assembly in RE5 where the entire match was determined by spawnpoint. >.>
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#2Cartwheel_KickPosted 2/22/2013 2:26:47 PM(edited)
I think I'd be fine if quickshot didn't stun and you respawned as a human, without the bullets you used

That way even if you had a strong weapon, you'd have to be careful/strategic about aiming it, and quickshot would be helpful to keep someone from just running circles around you but not much else.
And even if you got cheap killed you could just try to take revenge, as in any other actually fun deathmatch game -_- and if Agent killed you with a barrage of magnum rounds you could take revenge since he'd only have a knife left...

I'm really disappointed, this could have been extremely fun. Seriously I dunno why they bothered to program the whole melee/counter functions into player attacking, it's completely useless because it never comes down to that.
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#3PyroSpark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 2:54:25 PM(edited)
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
I think I'd be fine if quickshot didn't stun
This could also work....but crossbows would be..less...cool. D: But meh.

and you respawned as a human, without the bullets you used

Nooo. This is the best part when you turn into a javo. It makes matches short and sweet. In any game with guns if you are losing, you're losing forever. And it's 10 minutes of getting beat down. Also noted, you should ONLY turn into a javo. Zombies are worthless.

However, I completely understand your point and can see the majority agreeing.

That way even if you had a strong weapon, you'd have to be careful/strategic about aiming it, and quickshot would be helpful to keep someone from just running circles around you but not much else.

I personally think the solution would be to improve your aim? (not trying to sound condescending) But understandable.

And even if you got cheap killed you could just try to take revenge, as in any other actually fun deathmatch game -_- and if Agent killed you with a barrage of magnum rounds you could take revenge since he'd only have a knife left...

In free for alls, I think respawning as a human would be the best option. However, Agent's loadout is still a problem.

I'm really disappointed, this could have been extremely fun. Seriously I dunno why they bothered to program the whole melee/counter functions into player attacking, it's completely useless because it never comes down to that

Understandable. :(

---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#4AnimesetsunaPosted 2/22/2013 3:48:44 PM
What about remote bomb? I use remote bomb to put 2 Agents in dying state when they are fighting with each other. Cheat technique. lol
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Hanazawa Kana (HanaKana) is my Goddess (@w@)
#5slapper1Posted 2/22/2013 3:56:00 PM
^ That's a good point. Sliding to set a remote bomb and detonating it can be done in less then 3 seconds which f***s over anybody in close proximity of the bomb. Pretty OP, but at least it takes some timing/skill to use effectively, unlike the grenade launcher or rocket launcher.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#6PyroSpark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 4:07:56 PM
Animesetsuna posted...
What about remote bomb? I use remote bomb to put 2 Agents in dying state when they are fighting with each other. Cheat technique. lol

Yeah, but at least you can't do a quick slide and detonate without seriously hurting yourself. Hell, you can't even do it without putting yourself into dying if you've taken a few squares.
---
#7Orochi_LedePosted 2/22/2013 4:13:52 PM
Nothing wrong with remote bomb, that actually takes planing and some risk on your part, but no reason should there a magnum or grenade laucher usable at any point in survivals rocket laucher can pass since it only has one shot, and you take alot of time to aim and we have one character that starts with a magnum.
---
"I'm sorry squeeky, it's just a game, you got to get before you get got"
#8UnfoolishPosted 2/22/2013 5:17:16 PM
PyroSpark posted...
The option to turn power weapons off: I fully support the chaotic matches of an FFA where everyone is shooting everyone at once, but in something a little more competitive like teams, it should be an option. Not like public assembly in RE5 where the entire match was determined by spawnpoint. >.>

You are wrong about this. It's better to have power weapons such as the Grenade Launcher, Magnum and Rocket Launcher. If RE6 Survivors was played without any power weapon as defense, the game would be far more broken than it already is. Cheap easy wins come with the Agent since he has a Magnum, the way to defeat him is fight back with a power weapon such as the Elephant Killer Magnum/RL or GL - that's how I get rid of Agents fast. Next you have Default Chris with the Assault Rifle, once you are on the ground he unleashed his entire ammo clip which puts you in dying status similar to Default Sherry's Bear Commander and Default Helena's Assault Rifle. That's absolutely cheap wins. You mentioned Default Ada? She's ridiculous, she has the fastest Quickshot+Reload with the Crossbow and once your knocked down, she has the Ammo Box 50 entire clip to kill you.

Let's not also forget about melee in general, it's overpowered. Added to that, the Stun Rod is ridiculous in draining combat gauge exactly like Flash Grenades.

Default Piers and Racer Piers Sniper is absurd, 1 hit kill in dying status if equipped with a skill. Quickshot is OP like the Agent's Magnum.

Side note, how is it when you are knocked down you are still getting hit. Anyone remember the stupid Rifle zombies and Magnum cops in Urban Chaos? Yeah those ones.....

Survivors is broken but I'll still play it for fun, the annoying part is getting teabagged by immature online players but that's online... people hiding behind a controller.
#9PyroSpark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 5:44:28 PM(edited)
Unfoolish posted...
PyroSpark posted...

You are wrong about this. It's better to have power weapons such as the Grenade Launcher, Magnum and Rocket Launcher. If RE6 Survivors was played without any power weapon as defense, the game would be far more broken than it already is. Cheap easy wins come with the Agent since he has a Magnum, the way to defeat him is fight back with a power weapon such as the Elephant Killer Magnum/RL or GL - that's how I get rid of Agents fast. Next you have Default Chris with the Assault Rifle, once you are on the ground he unleashed his entire ammo clip which puts you in dying status similar to Default Sherry's Bear Commander and Default Helena's Assault Rifle. That's absolutely cheap wins. You mentioned Default Ada? She's ridiculous, she has the fastest Quickshot+Reload with the Crossbow and once your knocked down, she has the Ammo Box 50 entire clip to kill you.

Let's not also forget about melee in general, it's overpowered. Added to that, the Stun Rod is ridiculous in draining combat gauge exactly like Flash Grenades.

Default Piers and Racer Piers Sniper is absurd, 1 hit kill in dying status if equipped with a skill. Quickshot is OP like the Agent's Magnum.

Side note, how is it when you are knocked down you are still getting hit. Anyone remember the stupid Rifle zombies and Magnum cops in Urban Chaos? Yeah those ones.....

Survivors is broken but I'll still play it for fun, the annoying part is getting teabagged by immature online players but that's online... people hiding behind a controller.

To be fair, I already noted patching Agent's loadout and quickshooting Piers.

Stun rods drain melee? Had no idea but yeah definitely needs to be fixed if it works like that. >_>

Lack if power weapons would not lower balance. Because "oh goody I hope I spawn next to this!" is not balanced to begin with.

"annoying part is getting teabagged by immature online players but that's online... people hiding behind a controller"

lol

One part that I totally forgot to mention was that assault rifles do absolutely crazy amounts of damage. O_o
---
#10ManuMIASPosted 2/24/2013 3:14:26 AM
hope when Capcom release RE6 to computer they take a time to fix some things in Survivors.

its hard to find matches and when you find the host and his friends are playing cheap as Piers, Sherry and Agent...