Do you think Capcom is canceling future dlc?

#1djepic112Posted 2/25/2013 8:32:58 AM
Do you think Capcom is canceling future DLC since five million sold is considered a "failure" to them? The "DLC" we got currently is hardly worth mentioning. They are a bunch of small things developed during the game and left out on purpose to be dlc.
#2ssj_duelistPosted 2/25/2013 8:37:00 AM
I sincerely hope not though I can see them doing it. We got our new game modes, which I guess are the equivalent of 5's Mercenaries reunion, but we need out version of Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares.
#3desi_shinobiPosted 2/25/2013 9:39:26 AM
I hope not, they better keep delivering those dlc
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#4edward18Posted 2/25/2013 9:41:20 AM
I just wish DLC in general didn't exist.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#5Cartwheel_KickPosted 2/25/2013 10:27:36 AM
PS3 DLC was confirmed to sell 200 for a grand total of 800$, so they'll probably give up on it
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#6ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/25/2013 10:28:33 AM
Well, Capcom considered RE:ORC a success (it sold as much as Capcom targeted), but after they released all on-disc DLC, they didn't release anything else...

Anyway, at this point it's more likely that if any more DLC is released, it will be only for the PC version (not only as an exclusive, but also taking advantage of a high spec PC's capabilities, as was the the case with Mercenaries No Mercy) , which by now is the RE6 version Capcom has set its hopes on.
#7SamA7XPosted 2/25/2013 2:03:21 PM
Pretty much everyone complained about the game being bad, if you were Capcom would you make DLC for a game that all your fans threw back in your face, I think not :p
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
#8occmanPosted 2/25/2013 2:29:19 PM
edward18 posted...
I just wish DLC in general didn't exist.

As a huge fan of Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy. I like this idea.
I wish all these game companies would actually make a definitive quality release. I don't care if it takes you a few months longer to actually make the "Extra Content". Stop this Nickel & Diming nonsense.

I LOVE RE6 since Launch...
It would have been much more satisfying however, if they took care of "Issues". Like the added Chapter Length; Sub Chapter Select issue & MP Modes & Merc Maps before releasing a "Final" Product. 3 Merc Maps & Barebones Mercs MP as a mode is simply shameful.

Most games release added maps, yes... but not Entire MP Modes & then make them Timed Exclusive............ WWWTTTTFFFF! I don't care that much for MP i'll be the first to admit. (( Call of Duty is just about the reason why i hate playing MP. People Trash talking "imma kill your mom on Christmas Morning"... Ect. Ect. Ect. )) I'm 31. i don't ever trash talk on a microphone. Mainly because " It's a game " ppl! But, because of CoD... MP is something you can half ass & try to make money from MP Additions DLC.

Remember Capcom was going for the CoD PPL in ORC. So MP was actually on Disc & Not DLC! Here, RE6 i love it; don't get me wrong... but they flipped it. The Campaigns are CoD'ed. & you pay to play MP?????

I got the Merc Maps because i play them Offline. & there was Only 3 Maps on Disc. That's NOTHING!!!!!!!!! I still love you Capcom, but your doing it wrong... Stop it before everyone abandons you...

/ RANT
#9good_tobiPosted 2/25/2013 3:13:46 PM
djepic112 posted...
Do you think Capcom is canceling future DLC since five million sold is considered a "failure" to them?

and risk upsetting around 4.7M customers ??
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#10AnimesetsunaPosted 2/25/2013 3:19:36 PM
Crapcom should stop making DLC in the future. Crapcom is not Bandai Namco, not EA, not SQEX.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Hanazawa Kana (HanaKana) is my Goddess (@w@)