What exactly made this game a failure in the RE series?

#1SlamVookPosted 2/25/2013 4:14:33 PM
Havent played it, just until 5, which was questionable, but still ok.

What exactly made this game a faliure in some sense? was it all the FPS-like maneveurs and freedom they added, or did it lost even more touch than RE5?
---
I think that dude was a dude, dude!
#2edward18Posted 2/25/2013 4:29:41 PM
4's the failure.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3Spider5800Posted 2/25/2013 4:29:45 PM
It completely ignores the exploration and atmosphere that made previous games so interesting to create an action game that plays like a cross between a shooter and a beat-em-up. Whatever survival-horror elements the previous games had were dropped out completely so we can do jump kicks, suplexes and quickshots. It's crammed full of terrible QTE's that got so much flak they had to patch them out. The multiplayer was dead in four months because Capcom made half the modes and maps DLC. There's no replay value for campaign fans as all the unlockables are for Mercenaries.

In short, lots of things.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#4darkvoid2100Posted 2/25/2013 4:31:06 PM
For me it just felt too scripted, I felt I didn't have much say during the game. replaying the campaign just isnt fun and they somehow ruined mercs.

co-op also felt very tacked on and forced.
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3720/89106594.jpg
http://s18.postimage.org/pz9w0l995/jill.jpg
#5tevin1569Posted 2/25/2013 4:35:23 PM
People just had expectations to high. It was a fine game.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#6skermacPosted 2/25/2013 4:38:50 PM
edward18 posted...
4's the failure.

You are the only person on the planet that thinks this about 4.

RE6 was not a failure.
#7edward18Posted 2/25/2013 4:39:51 PM
Good for me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#8TurduckenPosted 2/25/2013 4:50:34 PM
I went in with pretty low expectations, actually, considering all the bad things I'd heard beforehand. 6 just strayed too far, for too little. It isn't even an amazing action game. It's mediocre at best, which isn't worth gutting the soul of your series. 4 and 5 managed to keep some RE spirit in them (4 kept a lot, actually), but 6 was just a mess. And why the hell can I not share ammo and items with my teammate? How are you going to remove a basic teamwork element that was IN THE LAST GAME?
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#9edward18Posted 2/25/2013 4:52:28 PM
4 got rid of everything.
---
#10occmanPosted 2/25/2013 4:53:32 PM
The "Professional" Video Game Journalists...
Go to DTOID & L@@K Jim Sterling's "Review" of RE6.

It was just the first game that got Destroyed by the Media.
Because it WAS, the cool thing to do...
First major dishonest "Pro Review" disaster/scandal. In the wake of the entitled elitist that trashed Mass Effect 3.

Jim Sterling's Favorite Game is "Dynasty Warriors"
Jim Sterling "Reviewed FFXIII" & didn't even finish it...
Jim Sterling gave the GOTY Award one year to
"Deadly Premonition aka RedSeedsProfile"

You have ALL these MANY "ProReview Sites" just trashing the game...
& Everyone bought it hook, line, & sinker. People usually come onto the PS3 / 360 RE6 Boards. & say this game actually isn't even close; too "THAT BAD".

@ this point Capcom has given up on RE6.
& DROPPED the Price.