What exactly made this game a failure in the RE series?

#51edward18Posted 2/26/2013 9:47:01 PM
alright, now I have snow on my feet and saw a car slide into two other cars
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#52Hawke0Posted 2/27/2013 8:27:21 AM
No.... Spaniards and wolverines wannabes aren't scary
Scarier than RE5, the co-op action shooter and RE6, RE movie:The Game.

controls, inventory system, graphics and story are waaaaaaaaaay better.... 6, well is a step down in the inventory, but the gameplay was just awesome... Story... Well its good but not better than 5's
lolno. The inventory in 5 was bad, and the level design in it and especially 6 were inferior. Not to mention forced co-op and the fact it's probably the biggest rehash in the history of gaming. RE6 boss fights may not have been copy/pasted, but they were atrocious.

and its mercs is much better too.

No. or to express myself better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsJRycW2-5w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Well, I agree with you here.
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.
#53edward18Posted 2/27/2013 8:33:37 AM

Scarier than RE5, the co-op action shooter

No it wasn't. It was just as unscary as 5 was.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#54IlDankoPosted 2/27/2013 9:14:14 AM
Hawke0 posted...
No.... Spaniards and wolverines wannabes aren't scary
Scarier than RE5, the co-op action shooter and RE6, RE movie:The Game.

Not scarier... It was just like playing a comedy game... The things that the ganado said instead of creeping you just made you laugh (if you're a spanish speaker)....

controls, inventory system, graphics and story are waaaaaaaaaay better.... 6, well is a step down in the inventory, but the gameplay was just awesome... Story... Well its good but not better than 5's
lolno. The inventory in 5 was bad, and the level design in it and especially 6 were inferior. Not to mention forced co-op and the fact it's probably the biggest rehash in the history of gaming. RE6 boss fights may not have been copy/pasted, but they were atrocious.

The inventory in 5 was the best, much better than the briefcase from 4 plus the use of the D-Pad to change weapons quicker was a great add... Coop made its way into the franchise since 4... You know, with all that ashley crap... The difference is that at least in 5 your partner can defend him/herself and you don't get separated so often... The level design was the same thing from 4 to 6, a tunnel where the only way to go is forward...
---
Forza Milan
PSN: Dan21993
#55railway95Posted 2/27/2013 9:30:13 AM
Ok first of all anybody who complains about RE6 having QTEs is an idiot if they liked Resi4 or 5. Just getting it out there. I love all three btw. Now ive read some stupid things on this topic so let me just get some stuff out there: *spoilers alert*

Carla is a better villain than saddler. She has more character, history and interacts more with the story and actually does more damage to the world. Saddler killed luis and a village and kidnapped Ashley . Carla infected a city, and nearly the world, framed ada, killed chris' men twice, put BOWs into a civil war, caused conflict between the protagonists, kidnapped and experimented on sherry, jake and hundreds more and created the c-virus. Hell even simmons (who is a bit stupid though lets be honest I reckon more people hate him for his boss fight) infected and wiped out a city and what he did to helena her sister was harsh.

In regards to 4, there is no viral agent, its a parasite so there is no virus being spread O.o there is a connection to umbrella however, wesker and krauser and ada retrieving the parasite for their supposed "new umbrella". Every RE game has puzzles and item collecting ... even 4,5 and 6. Infact revelations has the least amount f puzzles cause it is mainly just one puzzle repeated throughout the game. 5 had i think 3 puzzles ( the marshlands and the ruins section mainly) 4 had many self contained puzzles and 6 had a few too such as the hangng bodies and the bell puzzle.

In regards to 6, it has flaws but i reckon if you made the game a lot less linear, like in RE4 or old RE even and gave more control the players in scripted events and switched the javo's with zombies or jjust had less shooty enemies then the game probably would have been liked more. Im still playing it. Second best game of 2012 for me.
#56Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/27/2013 10:14:51 AM(edited)
Red04 posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
Red04 posted...
Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games ever made, only a fool would dislike it. RE 6 is fantastic, not a failure in the series as it has the best character development imo, colossal bosses, amazing graphics, epic soundtrack and great voice acting. I cannot understand why people dislike this game, must be today's youth; whining about everything. Enjoy the f.....g game instead.

Is this some kind of mind f***?

Calling Biohazard 6 "fantastic" would be like saying it is a 4.5 out of 5 game. Biohazard 6 is far from that. There are PLENTY of games that do action better than Biohazard 6 and aren't even 3.5 out of 5 games

"Fantastic" would like be saying that it is a gold or platinum medalist winner. Clearly, Biohazard 6 is none of those.

No, It's a FANTASTIC 5/5 game, a GOLD and a PLATINUM medalist winner!
I had to sink to your level here since I prefer constructive criticism from people who dislike it, not immature outrage comments that makes no sense. You're welcome for the lesson :)

Enough with the mind f****.

You literally are a 0 out of 5 in sense.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#57Hawke0Posted 2/27/2013 5:41:20 PM
Level design is more than just linear vs. nonlinear.
RE4 was scarier than RE5; which is like saying Metroid Other M is better than Daikatana.
Ashley=Co-op? lololololololololol
@Jonathan_F_G
I believe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dI6mPDCqEo
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.