Predator Mode sucks...

#21AdaSandwichPosted 2/27/2013 2:22:37 AM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
In my experience a room full of pro is not as fun, more like you have to calculate every half-second decision, and nobody sticks together so you're screwed if you're grabbed first. I've had the most fun when playing in a room with a few good players and a few cannon fodder ones =P the good players have to help instead of just hiding for a weapon or they get killed eventually, and getting grabbed isn't an instant loss of the whole 6/6 matches.

this is why I think we shouldn't make a guide for the DLC ever. I don't want to see the day where every game will be full of "good" people out to win and not have fun

that or I'm just sore about losing, lol

I made a pseudo-guide in the Capcom Unity forums recently. But it was more tailored to showing a newcomer how to play with a few strategies and things they need to keep in mind while playing if they want to play good as the Ustanak.

Apparently he would get hit with the rocket launcher frequently and can never find people. I just wanted to encourage him to play because we need more people playing this mode if we want it to become a staple in the franchise (well, I do).
#22SemiotequePosted 2/27/2013 2:46:38 AM
Can't agree with some of the things said about Predator.

The thing about Predator is that it is still, at heart, a competitive game mode. You are playing for points; you are playing to win. Do you have to view it that way? Of course not. You can play for fun. It's just different when you run in to people who are having fun while playing to win.

It's not a super-perfect, balanced mode, and it's a matter of opinion if you like it or not. I think I'm in the same boat as AdaSandwich, where I want to see it become another Mercenaries. People have to play it enough to get them to think, "If people will keep playing a mode like this, we need to keep expanding on the idea."

I honestly think they hit Predator out of the park in concept if not in execution. Imagine if there were a Predator mode that had you play as a boss-mode Wesker against an Agent team. Same concept, different motifs. I think that sounds awesome.
---
PSN: Semioteque
#23gmoshierPosted 2/27/2013 2:54:33 AM
I think all 3 of these modes will get boring if you play them too much. Mercenaries is still the best extra content mode imo. Siege will be good too.
---
Must buy Tomb Raider, RE: Revelations, & The Last of Us!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/7/gmoshier.png
#24AdaSandwichPosted 2/27/2013 2:56:57 AM
That actually sounds like an amazing idea, Semioteque.

It would also be great to play as similar hulking figures, such as the Tyrant or the Nemesis, but I've never thought of playing as Wesker against a team of agents. Nice idea. I hope that gets implemented in the future as well.
#25ssj_duelist(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 4:51:24 AM
Game is too easy for Agent players. You can just ledge hop again and again to abuse the invincibility frames.
#26AdaSandwichPosted 2/27/2013 5:03:56 AM
It's actually quite easy to counter the abusive ledge hoppers.

It's all about outsmarting them. Whether they're brave enough to make a move depends on your actions in the game. I once tricked a player who abused the ledge hopping to avoid my attacks into running for a weapon spawn by going somewhere else and acting like I couldn't find him anymore. He wasn't expecting me to suddenly appear out of nowhere and grab him.

Another method of countering this is if you're faced with one of those ledge hoppers, grab one of the downed players and throw them near the ledge. Simple as that.