Why does predator mode have so many poor sports?

#1MysticVolcanoPosted 2/26/2013 9:22:46 PM
Quite often now since this has come out i will often join a game i get 1st and then after match is over i see "you have been removed from the room" now i expect this type of crap in survivor mode (still an a hole of you anyway) but why predator. and i even use characters with weak loadouts.

there is just no reasoning with sore people. i guess i have to make all rooms just to avoid it. has this happend to anyone else?
#2SemiotequePosted 2/26/2013 9:43:54 PM
Surprisingly only happened to me a few matches. On the other hand I have rage quit in a couple matches as well. Sometimes you just take things too seriously. Way more common though, is that people will deliberately try to lower your score, either by sliding you, shooting you to knock you down, or intentionally leaving you dead if you are an Agent. And of course everyone's favorite, "when I'm Ustanak I'm going to hunt you and only you".

Overall I think it's more common for people to want to score higher than you bad enough that they keep you in the room to compete with you.
---
PSN: Semioteque
#3MysticVolcano(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 10:31:28 PM
Semioteque posted...
Surprisingly only happened to me a few matches. On the other hand I have rage quit in a couple matches as well. Sometimes you just take things too seriously. Way more common though, is that people will deliberately try to lower your score, either by sliding you, shooting you to knock you down, or intentionally leaving you dead if you are an Agent. And of course everyone's favorite, "when I'm Ustanak I'm going to hunt you and only you".

Overall I think it's more common for people to want to score higher than you bad enough that they keep you in the room to compete with you.

I have actually noticed that to, i had one guy other day kept puching me nonestop till i got grabd and when he was ustanak he grab me and held the entire match, there are some serious a holes in game.
#4HeatherloverPosted 2/26/2013 10:40:14 PM
man i know what u feel I was booted many times as well
---
PSN: Zero4ph (Philippines)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hHWMXddWY&feature=related - Rebuild of Evangelion
#5Cartwheel_KickPosted 2/26/2013 10:46:56 PM
I dunno... I sometimes take these a bit too seriously but never that badly, especially not in predator...worst I did was slide into someone once or save a person farther away instead of them

it IS annoying though when someone seems to just be winning through cheap tactics... I'll target them more if I have the opportunity, but that is hardly ever possible anyway if you want to win

never got booted so far though, I got lucky and played with good sports in general who seem to enjoy the game before trying to win absolutely

In general I'm satisfied of the population so far. Dunno how it'll be in 3 months when people are less newbies, but RE5 versus has always been a bootfest in comparison and it was driving me crazy, I'm not having this problem so far
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#6AdaSandwichPosted 2/27/2013 2:15:15 AM
Yeah this happened when I first started Predator back in December.

People will just kick you for winning. Plain and simple.

I had played with this guy with the GT of ninja jigoku (yeah I know, I'm calling him out), who I never previously had problems with playing Predator but I would always win against him.

Always.

Full six player matches, no problem winning, and I wouldn't even try. In some cases, I would use the characters with weak loadouts as well.

Then one day (this month) he just goes full on a-hole with me by shooting me with explosive arrows and I could hear him presumably talking crap in the mic through my TV in Spanish... and taunting. Not one second later the d-bag gets what's coming to him and gets killed in the process of taunting by the Ustanak.

I guess the whole losing streak he had with me really affected him and I don't even play to win in most cases.

So now, I host my own games to prevent the sore losers out there from doing this kind of stuff. I even got my chance to kick ninja jigoku out of my game as well. It seems every time I play Predator he's always joining my games. But he lost the privilege to play in my lobby when he pulled that crap on me, so if he wants revenge, he's lost his chance at it.

I'm always a friendly player to people. I use praise and thank people when it's appropriate because I know some people get annoyed if you overdo it.

But yeah, I know the feeling of getting kicked. I tend to not think anything of it because maybe some people just want to have a good time and by having you there, inadvertently winning every round doesn't really help them. Maybe they just want to win one game :)
#7AnimesetsunaPosted 2/27/2013 2:18:16 AM
I sometimes get slide by other player because I got a good score. I always praise people. lol.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Hanazawa Kana (HanaKana) & Iguchi Yuka are my Goddesses (@w@)
#8AdaSandwichPosted 2/27/2013 2:35:33 AM
Oh you don't even know the worst part lol.

If you're playing with a group of "friends" (not your friends), but a party of people, just leave. Honestly. Just leave.

A party of people will be the worst a-holes ever. You know the things Cartwheel listed? It's a combination of all of those, including getting shot with explosive arrows and grenade launchers, rocket launchers, you name it.

I've had the worst experiences ever playing with these people, even if it was just 2 people working together to get me down. They will always grab me as the Ustanak and never let go for the entire round.

There's one time, I played a game with about 3-4 people I knew from previous games like weeks before. All these a-holes would pick on me as the Ustanak and their agent buddies would make sure I was the one to go down first. While the others would just stand in a circle around the Ustanak and taunt me. And like said before, I never had problems with these people before. Never once had I been rude to them in game and they act like complete a-holes.

But luckily, a random person who was decent at Predator would save me with either CDG or just shooting the Ustanak. And I managed to win the game and avoid getting kicked, for the most part, and leave. I even thanked the player who saved me a few times and even he said he's played with them before and never once seen them act like that.
#9MysticVolcano(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 3:06:37 AM
I guess no matter what you play, when competition is involved, the worst of people come out or show true colors.

i just started hosting my games now. so no more of that crap. however i did just witness something weird, 2 people had agent and when the final round came "i was ustanak" they were in a corner punching each other along with a sherry, i was like wtf? so i proceeded to soccor kick each one, i was already close second from 1st anyway, so i had no idea why they were doing that.

i had figured this mode would be the least competitive due it just being teamwork mostly unlike survivors but it seems that does not stop the " i want to win!! F*** you and everyone" people.
#10degenxeratePosted 2/27/2013 3:41:27 AM
Honestly people have weird criteria for kicking sometimes. I was in a game of 6 where I came in like 3rd or 4th over all and I got kicked. the people below me didn't get kicked and the people above me didn't either. the host was 1st or 2nd. I was the only on booted. The only thing I could think of was maybe to make room for their friend? Either way it was pretty damn random.
---
Resident Evil 6 videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DegenTP