agent hunt is a lost cause against decent players

#1YermomHoudiniPosted 2/28/2013 3:08:45 PM
if both creature and agent are pro, agent will win by a mile.

ok, so we know creatures have no mobility, drops 1st aid, and most of the time player can just quick shot/stun and kill you while you could only respawn to avoid dropping 1st aid spray.

the best working strategy is revolved around shaving agent's supply of health tabs and sprays without creature dying and dropping 1st aid spray. this means every time agents notice you after you manage to hit him, you can only respawn to escape dying unless you are playing as rasklapanje.

it's a long excruciating fight to accomplish this, most of the time the game doesn't go long enough to get this done or when all the enemies are gone, you can't sneak in and shave their health as usual and you know your time is up and it's over.

you could swarm the agent, but among the playable sections, only in the later stage of the agent hunt sections really give you a wave of enemies to accompany you. it's a long waiting game till you can spawn as your desired creatures, and because this usually happening in the last part of the stages, you only have 1 chance to get your desired spawn and capitalize on it.

your partner is usually the noob that have no idea that he's just giving out free 1st aid spray and ruining the game plan. it's a total waste of time when that happens.

it's february 2013 right now, by this time most of the decent players are already carrying infinite ammo, they could easily maul you down. sure you can choose to join games that don't use infinite ammo, but these games are rare and you know you are up against pros that will read you like a book.

so how can you really stand a chance? FIND NOOB AGENTS! sad to say this is really the only guaranteed way to get agent hunt kills. no infinite ammo, no counter, no quick shot, no trouble.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#2gmoshierPosted 2/28/2013 4:15:26 PM(edited)
I was playing Leon's campaign recently and I had a whole flock of agent hunters that joined my game in chapters 1 and 2. I was playing on Veteran and I restricted the use of infinite ammo. I guess that's why all the agent hunters came over to my game. Some of the agent hunters were able to bring my health down, but I never died once. Some of them quit because I had a good supply of incendiary grenades. LOL! I then joined a noob's game as a Shrieker in chapter 2 of Leon's campaign and got 1 kill. He/She died many times because the other agent hunters were swarming him/her.
---
Must buy Tomb Raider, RE: Revelations, & The Last of Us!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/7/gmoshier.png
#3AnimesetsunaPosted 2/28/2013 4:47:28 PM
Anyone ever try hand to hand using Jake in Chapter 3-2? Man, using bare hand is really hard. Not to mention 2 Agent Hunters are skillful enough to take me down when I lose my focus. Even though I was playing on Normal mode. Using weapon is much easier than using bare hand. DX
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Hanazawa Kana (HanaKana) & Iguchi Yuka are my Goddesses (@w@)
#4hunter_7289Posted 2/28/2013 5:43:04 PM
Well, if you can manage to separate the two agents, your odds of success increase by a mile. And if you have a good partner, you can go for the easy lock stun kill on your opponent.

And if your a mesets, and the agent doesn't have flash grenades, you better get a kill.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards- The Hunter has the will to win. Do you?
#5skermacPosted 2/28/2013 7:50:33 PM
I played as a creature 2 or 3 times back in December, very boring, got no kills. On the other hand no creature has ever killed me and never will. They are too easy to kill even without inf ammo.
#6YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 8:18:17 PM
hunter_7289 posted...
And if you have a good partner, you can go for the easy lock stun kill on your opponent.

you can't do this is you are on javo map. simple lock stun will just let them counter you to death.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#7gamestop27Posted 2/28/2013 8:19:26 PM
Even without infinite ammo quick shot turns agent hunters into easy prey.
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#8Hawke0Posted 2/28/2013 8:40:18 PM
Agent Hunt is a cool feature, but it seems like it was added in at the last minute.
---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
x7fQ3VNAeoBsoqIzzcvjRKy_rpT
#9Cartwheel_KickPosted 3/1/2013 10:55:53 AM
It's a different story on No Hope. I'm pretty good and I get killed a couple times during a No Hope play with Agent Hunt on

Personally though, Agent Hunt's use, in the end, was just training me for more interesting modes of Survivors but mostly Siege
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#10Realtalk_CloverPosted 3/1/2013 12:54:11 PM
Suicide can still drop First aid sprays, ive seen it happen on multiple occasions.

If the agent lays down, mesets cannot attack from the air, they are forced to land, where they are free kills.

To a good player, the only truely threatening creature is a glitched strelats, and half the time the camera locks in place for the glitched strelats player and can barely control the creature as a result.