Why do people say Resident Evil 4 is great when...

#1Nathbuds123Posted 3/1/2013 8:06:02 AM
the QTEs were far worse in that game than 6. QTES were worse in RE4 cause:
-1/2 second to press 1 or 2 buttons
-buttons were always different
-Krauser Knife Fight scene
-QTES are even harder on Professional!

more or less the QTE's in 5 were about the same as 4 but there were less

In RE6 though
-QTE's give more than enough time
-the button prompts are always the same (Minus amatuer difficulty)
-QTE assist for those who can't stand them at all.

I love RE4 and everything else about it, but you have to admit that the QTES were far worse in that game. Then again this is just my "opinion" if you have a different opinion feel free to post your response.
#2Kilik-iliPosted 3/1/2013 8:08:49 AM
yeah re6 has an improved and modified QTE system than re4 but idk, it's still lame for me because it's like in re6 the QTE makes 40% of the gameplay even with unnecessary scenarios like manning the helicopter and finding damn car keys
#3DestinyKnotPosted 3/1/2013 8:10:07 AM
..but they weren't overdone, and presented a challenge, in 6, they present mere annoyance..and some were way cheap, I mean a millisecond to grab a parachute?
#4Kilik-iliPosted 3/1/2013 8:10:48 AM
^
that too
#5edward18Posted 3/1/2013 8:30:07 AM
I have no idea why people say it's great. It's the crappiest game in the main series to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6ManuMIASPosted 3/1/2013 8:37:35 AM
in Wii RE4 PRO mode QTEs were easier but when I bought the HD version in PS3 its way harder on Proffessional. I had to use a pencil to tap faster because my fingers are too slow for that... lol
#7sadiq2010Posted 3/1/2013 9:44:47 AM
resident evil 4 BETA is much better, and i like it very much because it is survivor horror.

resident evil 4 on the other hand is complete trash and garbage.
#8PyroSparkPosted 3/1/2013 9:53:02 AM
sadiq2010 posted...
resident evil 4 BETA is much better, and i like it very much because it is survivor horror.

resident evil 4 on the other hand is complete trash and garbage.

Yet it revolutionized the series for the better. Trash and garbage=amazing I guess.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#9edward18Posted 3/1/2013 10:04:26 AM
It didn't revolutionize the series at all. What it revolutionized is "over the shoulder shooters"...which I'm astounded it took that long for them to do.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#10UnknownWinPosted 3/1/2013 10:19:36 AM
re4 is great. the only coin it had too much atmosphere. but thankfully that was gone in the next games.