Why do people say Resident Evil 4 is great when...

#51skermacPosted 3/4/2013 9:00:21 AM
RE4 is very fun to play, very few qte's. I still play the mercs regularly and I bought the game on release day 8 years ago. I've played 1-6 and 4 is my favorite!
#52DetBeauregardPosted 3/5/2013 1:05:02 AM
Vegeta1000 posted...
Leon's first two chapters in RE6 alone had more QTE's than all of RE4.

This.

The only QTE in RE4 that I ever found annoying was the Krauser knife fight, and that's mostly because you had to watch the whole cutscene and not skip to the QTE-relevant parts (e.g. Wesker scene on the bomber in RE5).
#53DegalonPosted 3/5/2013 1:51:07 AM
Leon's campaign in RE6 beats the CRAP out of all of RE4, to be honest.

Been playing RE4 after it was on sale on Xbox, and..ugh...it's so freaking BORING....and primitive, even for its time.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#54tdmj0226Posted 3/5/2013 11:16:07 PM
Degalon posted...

Been playing RE4 after it was on sale on Xbox, and..ugh...it's so freaking BORING....and primitive, even for its time.

So you never played it until it was out on xbox? Cause, um, that game was freaking crazy when it came out. The exact opposite of primitve .
#55UltimateGeth39Posted 3/5/2013 11:23:02 PM
I just got RE4 again on my PS3 and I had more fun with it than RE6 and I played the hell out of RE4 when it was on the GC so I pretty much knew it inside and out.
#56peacenutmanPosted 3/6/2013 12:14:58 AM
Thank you dreamcastrocks and delta0126, i logged in just to agree.

I swear those haters never played re4 or just having a bad memory. Re4 has just as much if not more qtes. On my first playthrough of re4 over 50% of my deaths are qte because i put down controller while taking a drink.

I swear those haters just hating and keep parroting qtes qtes qtes just to justify hating.
#57bluerulerPosted 3/6/2013 12:50:42 AM
I honestly can't see the appeal of re4 BETA.

I mean i'm all for horror, but dolls and a ghost? and that small footage captivated many people into saying re4 BETA > re4?

I'm not saying "oh thats not scary, and i know scary" or anything, but that was a dummied down version of silent hill
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#58FreakyFrancPosted 3/6/2013 6:51:25 AM
Degalon posted...

RE 4 was never ported to Xbox you idiot.
#59FreakyFrancPosted 3/6/2013 6:55:39 AM
blueruler posted...
I honestly can't see the appeal of re4 BETA.

I mean i'm all for horror, but dolls and a ghost? and that small footage captivated many people into saying re4 BETA > re4?

I'm not saying "oh thats not scary, and i know scary" or anything, but that was a dummied down version of silent hill

The so-called ghosts and dolls you talk about were hallucinations caused by the progenitor virus inside Leon,its like mushrooms/drugs.
#60jpv2000Posted 3/6/2013 7:17:29 AM
FreakyFranc posted...
Degalon posted...

RE 4 was never ported to Xbox you idiot.

Yes, it was, months ago, along with Code Veronica X. You can download both on XBL.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)