Which Generation Do You Think Had The Best RE Games?

#21edward18Posted 3/2/2013 6:42:52 PM
And personally, I think the Genesis is better than the SNES.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#22sadiq2010Posted 3/2/2013 6:58:00 PM
SamA7X

i love so much resident evil 0 remake 1 2 3 and cvx, and outbreak file#2 and survivor 1 2 3 4, and chronicles hd collection, and resident evil revelations.
#23Ertrick36Posted 3/2/2013 7:09:16 PM
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
Yeah you're an idiot if you think Genesis was better than SNES. Sure they both have their own share of good games that the other didn't, but SNES had Nintendo, Square, Rare and was better for fighting games.

The only total wipeout I can think of on the top of my head that Genesis did over SNES was Mortal Kombat (and everyone knows why) and Flashback.

I know this doesn't mean much to anyone, but Genesis had 32-bit capabilities, and the Super Nintendo had 16-bit capabilities. This means that Genesis could generate higher quality graphics and audio than the SNES.

Again, I know that graphics and audio aren't what make a game great. Anyone ever heard of Super Mario RPG? One of the best games of all time, even compared to modern generation games.
---
"It's just my opinion, of course. No need to go spreading it around."
- Lt. Jeff "Joker" Moreau, in Mass Effect 2
#24Ertrick36Posted 3/2/2013 7:14:50 PM
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
And Outbreak online? I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't around for week 1 of that game.

Dammit! Quit rubbing it in my face! >:O

I did pick the 6th. It was either that or the 5th. Both had great games. The 7th generation had some good games in general, but RE was really not one of those franchises that had totally stellar games. Gameplay-wise, there were improvements from the old style when it comes to mechanics. However, a lot of other aspects of the franchise started to go downhill in the 7th generation, and the overall franchise deviated from its original genre and themes. The pinnacle of RE's characters and storytelling, IMO, passed after the 6th generation; where exactly that was can be debated, but many might agree with me.

@SamA7X: Your name... does it happen to refer to the band "A7X"? Or is it something else?...
---
"It's just my opinion, of course. No need to go spreading it around."
- Lt. Jeff "Joker" Moreau, in Mass Effect 2
#25Spider5800Posted 3/3/2013 12:45:26 AM
Went with 6th gen. Had some of the best survival-horror games (REmake, CV) and the best of the action-horror games (RE4).

RE2 is probably my favorite in the series, but RE1 and RE3 are much weaker games IMO and keep 5th gen in second.

7th gen is far and away the weakest. RE5 was OK. RE6 and ORC aren't even horror games, just terrible shooters with some monsters thrown in. Here's hoping Revelations brings this series closer to its roots.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#26SirAvilaPosted 3/3/2013 12:58:26 AM
REmake, 1&2 Ports , Outbreak 1&2 and RE4. Greatest period.
---
PSN ID: King_of_Kings_1 , Since 06.