C/D: An RE Reboot Would Be Amazing If It Followed The Dark Biohazard Plot

#1ReceiverxWisdomPosted 3/2/2013 1:32:41 PM
Would you settle for a reboot that followed the Dark Biohazard Plot? - Results (48 votes)
Confirm - I think this series was long overdue for some more twists & turns. The old timeline lost it's edge.
12.5% (6 votes)
Deny - The original timeline is fine the way it is. No need for changes.
54.17% (26 votes)
Indifferent - I'm on the fence, anything screw this up.
8.33% (4 votes)
Loyalist - CAPCOM CAN TAKE ALL MY MONEY! NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS JUST GIMME MOAR RE!
18.75% (9 votes)
Renegade - Umm, Capcom hello you lost me as a fan a long time ago. Hire Shinji back and we'll talk.
6.25% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://residentevilmod.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_BioHazard

I think it would be a nice little dark turn if a lot of protags died early like that and even Mikami originally planned this fate for some of them.

What are your thoughts on this? Would a darker storyline suffice your interest for an RE reboot? Or is the whole thing a horrible idea?

DISCUSS
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#2ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 1:40:56 PM
Quick bumpage, just wanted to say I voted 'loyalist'.

I guess I'm an sucker for all things Resident Evil...with the exception of ORC of course ._. lol
---
#3Syn_VengeancePosted 3/2/2013 2:09:33 PM
deny, a reboot is not needed until they finish up this story which is fine the way its been going.
#4jpv2000Posted 3/2/2013 2:26:31 PM
Deny. The Original timeline is fine, as is.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#5Red04Posted 3/2/2013 2:26:47 PM
Dark biohazard? Is Batman in it? Never heard of it
---
"Which witch switched the Swatch watch?"
#6Ertrick36Posted 3/2/2013 7:36:17 PM
Red04 posted...
Dark biohazard? Is Batman in it? Never heard of it

Use the link to get to the wiki page on Dark Biohazard. It's pretty much an alternate timeline to that of RE's. It starts off with the same scenario; Bravo Team is sent up to the Arklay Mountains to investigate "cannibal killings", loses radio contact, and Alpha Team is sent to go find them. There's a twist, though. In Dark Biohazard, Alpha Team is completely decimated except for Brad Vickers, the pilot. This twist allows for a plot that is completely separate to that of the original, especially in later entries, such as RE5, 6, and Revelations.

Back to the original topic, I would be interested in seeing this. However, they definitely need to finish up with their current storyline if they are to please some finicky people. To me, they can't really screw it any more than I care for.

I don't really know which of these would best fit my opinion. I believe that RE could still be playable for me if they put in some the long forgotten classic characters in the next one. Oh, and they should be playable (some of them, anyway), and not too entirely powerful; don't give me anymore of a reason to hate RE's character development.
---
"It's just my opinion, of course. No need to go spreading it around."
- Lt. Jeff "Joker" Moreau, in Mass Effect 2
#7shagohad3Posted 3/2/2013 7:51:03 PM
If they do a reboot I don't want a "dark" plot. I'd rather they just start over at Zero and streamline the plot with all the things the chronicles games bring up.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#8edward18Posted 3/2/2013 8:41:29 PM
Reboots shouldn't happen.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 8:42:05 PM
I do agree with everyone that they need to finish the original timeline, maybe one last RE game then a reboot or some kinda of reinventing from a gameplay perspective however I'm open to whatever option Capcom chooses so I wouldn't mind if more games came out of the their choice ultimately.

6 just really didn't seem like it cleared up the thing I wanted to see the most (which is Alex Wesker). He would be good RE7 material.

Although I'm glad we got more Ada coverage regardless of how stupid I thought that her connection to Simmons was.
---
#10ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 8:46:06 PM(edited)
Reboots shouldn't happen.

If they are talking about it, it seems a possibility regardless if it should happen or not.

If Capcom says "reboot Resident Evil" to their dev team then I bet you 500 dollars it will be done at the drop of a hat. They had no problem doing this with Devil May Cry, and changing around Bionic Commando (2009) to the point where it was almost barely recognizable even by older standards.
---