---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#12kalibre16Posted 3/3/2013 4:02:45 PM
Reboot Batman
Reboot Superman
Reboot Spiderman
Reboot Transformers
Reboot RE

The hell doesn't anyone in development know how to do anything but reboot anymore?
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#13ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 5:35:41 AM
Reboot Batman
Reboot Superman
Reboot Spiderman
Reboot Transformers
Reboot RE

The hell doesn't anyone in development know how to do anything but reboot anymore?

Reboot Tomb Raider
Reboot DMC
Reboot Evil Dead
Reboot Nightmare on Elm Street
Reboot after Ang Lee's HULK

I agree that it's f***ing getting ridiculous now.
I guess it takes a f*** up for them to try and get back on track (maybe with the exception of DMC. Series didn't need a reboot and the sales show.)
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#14Red04Posted 3/4/2013 9:23:52 AM
Changing the timeline in RE is like changing the lyrics in classic Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen songs.
The original timeline was CAPCOM's vision, if you change it it's no longer resident evil, regardless of what people say.

btw everything is ''dark'' nowadays, dark batman, dark superman, dark Dredd, dark this and dark that. Why? Cheap and not very inspirational anymore.
Also, I don't like reboots either since most of them suck, so;

RIP;
RoboCop
Mad Max
Total Recall
---
"Which witch switched the Swatch watch?"
#15FreakyFrancPosted 3/4/2013 10:10:49 AM
I also think they should finish the original timeline.

But having a reboot can have some potential,my vision of the reboot would make the original timeline look less serious.

I imagine a darker,more grim and creepier version,in terms of atmosphere/ambiance and characters it would look kinda like Silent Hill.

Some of the characters would look like if they were depressed and stressed (tired eyes socket,messy hairs and dirts or scars on their bodies) like Heater the main character in Silent Hill 3.Also they would be not really experimented against the things they will encounter during their survival.

Also the characters should have more casual clothes.

There will be a lots of detective gameplay just like the original,you will be able to examine a lots of things (paintings,documents/files/diaries,statues and many other things) to get a lots of informations about the history of the locations.

Add a solo mode scenario and an additional scenario for multiplayers wich will play kinda like the Outbreak games or a better version of RE 0 partner mechanics.
#16Red04Posted 3/4/2013 10:25:48 AM
FreakyFranc posted...

There will be a lots of detective gameplay just like the original,you will be able to examine a lots of things (paintings,documents/files/diaries,statues and many other things) to get a lots of informations about the history of the locations.

Add a solo mode scenario and an additional scenario for multiplayers wich will play kinda like the Outbreak games or a better version of RE 0 partner mechanics.

I agree with this. As for other things, why make re even darker than it was? It would be darker than a deer's ass at night, like the cowboy from Big Lebowski would say. Silent Hill is a completely different horror story.
---
#17FreakyFrancPosted 3/4/2013 10:35:11 AM
Red04 posted...
FreakyFranc posted...

I agree with this. As for other things, why make re even darker than it was? It would be darker than a deer's ass at night, like the cowboy from Big Lebowski would say. Silent Hill is a completely different horror story.

I know,but i was saying that we could have a slightly more grim version of the Original RE games,i didnt say to make it exactly like silent hill but take a little bit inspirations from that series when it come to locations and characters designs.

It would still be the good ' ol Resident Evil games we used to play back in the days but with better ambiances and characters so pitiful that you feel sorry for them and you will want to 'connect ' with them and know better about them.

Like that players will be even more immersed in the game and actually feel like they were the characters in a location that give chill down your spine.
#18Red04Posted 3/4/2013 10:40:58 AM
RE 2 and 3 nailed this dark feeling, but I get your point
---
#19FreakyFrancPosted 3/4/2013 11:08:52 AM(edited)
Red04 posted...
RE 2 and 3 nailed this dark feeling, but I get your point

Also i tought about something that would make the game 'game time' long enough.

Why not mix the locations and story of both RE 1 and 2/3 together ?

You start as a civilian/tourist/cops/S.T.A.R.S in the streets of Raccoon city during the outbreak,then your character think about wich place they need to go that would be safe,the RPD maybe?

So you travel there and during the travel you visit the hospital,differents parts of the streets and even some apartments,till you arrive at the RPD.

Then you know that you wont stay there forever,so you start exploring a little bit and try to discover what started this outbreak,until you find documents telling that it started in the forests near the city.

Then you quit the RPD by travelling through the sewers until you come to the outskirts of the city,you then proceed to enter the forest and visit either a ghost village or a power facility until you discover a mansion deeper in the forest. (thats when RE1 and 2/3 plots fuse together)

You enter the mansion and explore it and learning about Umbrella and the bio weapons,then you find a series of tunnels and caverns that lead to a secret underground laboratoy.

You explore the labs until the auto-destruction activate so you need to escape,fight the final boss and either escape by helicopter or by underground train.

All of that would be separated in chapters like 4,5 and 6.

What do you think?
#20ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:11:09 AM
I agree with this. As for other things, why make re even darker than it was? It would be darker than a deer's ass at night, like the cowboy from Big Lebowski would say.

Because you'll notice that a lot of the newer reboots try to go for a more, gritty visceral feeling and thus they remove a lot of the 'camp' that made the original kind of fun to watch.

Dredd vs Judge Dredd is probably one best examples out there.

I still think it would be interesting if they took a chance to kill more protagonist sin an alternative timeline (that's not the ORC series). There is too much 'playing safe' for Capcom to take the risk of killing a big name off. I know this isn't the walking dead but still.....
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990