C/D: An RE Reboot Would Be Amazing If It Followed The Dark Biohazard Plot

#21BarryBurton35Posted 3/4/2013 11:29:47 AM
im fine with what ever they do huge fan but would love to re create re 123 code VX and make it so you can go through the game like the newer ones and possibly most deffenatly co op also maybe a story for barry and wesker in the mansion or a story for hunk you know some classic T-Virus stuff
#22Red04Posted 3/4/2013 11:47:42 AM
FreakyFranc posted...
Red04 posted...
RE 2 and 3 nailed this dark feeling, but I get your point

Also i tought about something that would make the game 'game time' long enough.

Why not mix the locations and story of both RE 1 and 2/3 together ?

You start as a civilian/tourist/cops/S.T.A.R.S in the streets of Raccoon city during the outbreak,then your character think about wich place they need to go that would be safe,the RPD maybe?

So you travel there and during the travel you visit the hospital,differents parts of the streets and even some apartments,till you arrive at the RPD.

Then you know that you wont stay there forever,so you start exploring a little bit and try to discover what started this outbreak,until you find documents telling that it started in the forests near the city.

Then you quit the RPD by travelling through the sewers until you come to the outskirts of the city,you then proceed to enter the forest and visit either a ghost village or a power facility until you discover a mansion deeper in the forest. (thats when RE1 and 2/3 plots fuse together)

You enter the mansion and explore it and learning about Umbrella and the bio weapons,then you find a series of tunnels and caverns that lead to a secret underground laboratoy.

You explore the labs until the auto-destruction activate so you need to escape,fight the final boss and either escape by helicopter or by underground train.

All of that would be separated in chapters like 4,5 and 6.

What do you think?

Not bad at all, I would add an expansive sandbox design with alternative routes between each new goal (building etc) Vatra tried this in SH Downpour and it was surprisingly good, glitches aside.
---
"Which witch switched the Swatch watch?"
#23DreamCast_RocksPosted 3/4/2013 11:51:53 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
Reboots shouldn't happen.

If they are talking about it, it seems a possibility regardless if it should happen or not.

If Capcom says "reboot Resident Evil" to their dev team then I bet you 500 dollars it will be done at the drop of a hat. They had no problem doing this with Devil May Cry, and changing around Bionic Commando (2009) to the point where it was almost barely recognizable even by older standards.

This is the problem with today's people. They don't have a slight knowledge about the industry yet are damn confident to make a judgment. How about this, I bet you a grand (I'd bet much higher but it wouldn't be realistic so) that they had countless meetings, a lot of arguments and many sleepless nights of planning for those reboots. What, you think the higher ups make every decision however they feel like? They spend a fortune making a game nowadays and it takes many procedures to commence a project like that.
---
Top 5 - Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy V, Wind Waker, Silent Hill, Metroid Prime
#24ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 1:15:09 PM
This is the problem with today's people.

So we're generalizing people now? Yes, keep being the pungent internet Joe who woofs at the computer monitor over my opinion because you sure know me very well to generalize me so good.

They don't have a slight knowledge about the industry yet are damn confident to make a judgment.

If you aren't in the gaming industry either I reckon you probably have zero room to talk yourself.

How about this, I bet you a grand (I'd bet much higher but it wouldn't be realistic so) that they had countless meetings, a lot of arguments and many sleepless nights of planning for those reboots. What, you think the higher ups make every decision however they feel like? They spend a fortune making a game nowadays and it takes many procedures to commence a project like that.

Does it really matter acknowledging what Capcom goes through to finalize the product? Buddy, they can sell their mom's into white slavery for all we know and hate themselves later. I don't give a golden mother****ing crap about that as a customer, all I care about is the time invested on the core product blowing my mind.

The bottom line will always boil DOWN to a drastic revitalization once again because they KNOW they have a falling out with the fans, if we pay them. We expect quality to meet our expectations and no ulterior route will be taken.

Once you have a fiscal flop on your hands known as RE6, guess what? You go right back to the damn drawing board anyway to find out what went wrong and how to improve. This is why companies step up to take particular 'risks' to embody themselves back to series roots and it gets the job done.

If the reboot plays like classic RE for the modern ages, I'm not going to b**** about that at all.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#25DreamCast_RocksPosted 3/4/2013 6:57:37 PM
they can sell their mom's into white slavery for all we know and hate themselves later.

You make me sick.
---
Top 5 - Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy V, Wind Waker, Silent Hill, Metroid Prime
#26FreakyFrancPosted 3/4/2013 11:38:41 PM
Red04 posted...
FreakyFranc posted...
Red04 posted...
RE 2 and 3 nailed this dark feeling, but I get your point

Also i tought about something that would make the game 'game time' long enough.

Why not mix the locations and story of both RE 1 and 2/3 together ?

You start as a civilian/tourist/cops/S.T.A.R.S in the streets of Raccoon city during the outbreak,then your character think about wich place they need to go that would be safe,the RPD maybe?

So you travel there and during the travel you visit the hospital,differents parts of the streets and even some apartments,till you arrive at the RPD.

Then you know that you wont stay there forever,so you start exploring a little bit and try to discover what started this outbreak,until you find documents telling that it started in the forests near the city.

Then you quit the RPD by travelling through the sewers until you come to the outskirts of the city,you then proceed to enter the forest and visit either a ghost village or a power facility until you discover a mansion deeper in the forest. (thats when RE1 and 2/3 plots fuse together)

You enter the mansion and explore it and learning about Umbrella and the bio weapons,then you find a series of tunnels and caverns that lead to a secret underground laboratoy.

You explore the labs until the auto-destruction activate so you need to escape,fight the final boss and either escape by helicopter or by underground train.

All of that would be separated in chapters like 4,5 and 6.

What do you think?

Not bad at all, I would add an expansive sandbox design with alternative routes between each new goal (building etc) Vatra tried this in SH Downpour and it was surprisingly good, glitches aside.

There also was alternate routes in RE:Survivor on the ps1,so yeah it could work nicely.
#27ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 1:41:30 AM(edited)
You make me sick.

I don't care about anyone's initial impression of me...harp on me all you want.
That metaphor doesn't change the fact that we don't know about those details within the foray of future REs until it's officially unveiled to the public.

We're just left to assumption and presuming the possibilities.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#28AnimesetsunaPosted 3/5/2013 1:43:37 AM
I prefer Dark Biohazard as another title which is not consider as RE title.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Hanazawa Kana (HanaKana) & Iguchi Yuka are my Goddesses (@w@)
#29FreakyFrancPosted 3/5/2013 8:08:38 AM
Im wondering what kind of B.O.W they would use in the reboot?