my toughts on each RE games in the series : personal review

#1FreakyFrancPosted 3/4/2013 9:41:36 AM
Too long,didnt read version : This topic is basicaly my point of view on each games in the series and a review.If you find this too long to read then you dont need to read it but i tried to make it as short as i can.

RE 1 (played it on ps1 and finished it with Deadly Silence version on ds) :
Even if its outdated in terms of graphics and a little bit too colorful compared to other RE games,it has that detective gameplay that i like so much and even if the the voice overs are cheesy the story and history of the location is still interesting.

RE remake (finished it on gamecube) : Its basicaly a better version of RE1,its darker and creepier in atmosphere/ambiances and the voices are less cheesy,also the crimsons heads make me more nervous and scared.

RE 2 (finished it on N64 both with Claire and Leon scenario A+B and Hunk+Tofu minigame,but i didnt try the Ex battle game since i didnt tried the Dual shock edition) :
Still outdated in graphics but its darker and less colorful as the original RE 1,also it has the best soundtrack i have ever heard in a Horror game.

Re 3 (never finished it,i went has far as getting the things to make the train work) :
Seriously,this game is freaking hard for me,its pretty much RE2 but because im not good with the dodge mechanic i die a lots.Even if i try to be careful with how much ammo i have,i still waste a lots because of how much it take to take down the Nemesis.

RE CVX (i didnt finished it,but i think i played till when the tyrant showed up for first time) :
Not much to say,slightly better graphics than previous game and i still didnt tried the knife trick yet.

RE 0 (didnt complete it,stoped after beating the 2nd boss centurion the giant insect thingy) :
Pretty much like RE remake but with a interchanging character system,quite intersting idea but could had been further developed,also i dont like putting items on the ground i preffer the item box.

RE 4 (finished it both on normal and proffesional,and played mercenaries+2 Ada minigames,ps2 version) : This game is kind of ok for me,it would be decent as a non-RE game at least.It still has a bit of detective gameplay since you can examine a fews things in the surrounding and files,and it has a fews locations with creepy atmosphere but not as much as the previous games.I dont mind the shoulder camera,but i prefer the corner camera since it give a better effect for the atmospheres.I also dont mind the QTE's and i could probably play with or witouth them,also i also prefer Leon as a much more serious character,but some of the intimidating quotes toward is ennemies where kind of funny since he show them that they are not as mighty as they think.

RE 5 (i have gold edition,finished it):Less atmospheric as RE4 and less things to examine (less detective gameplay),also the Co-op system is ok but they should had made a separate alternate scenario/solo mode with only Chris or Sheva either because Sheva died before meeting Chris or Chris was never sent there,would had made the game replayability longer.

RE 6 (played Leon,Chris and Jake with a friend/co-op at his house,never played Ada campaign and never buyed the game so i didnt finished it on my own) : No atmosphere/ambiance,too much action,no detective gameplay,poorly made QTE's.The only things that made the game tolerable for me was playing with my friend.

RE survivor (ps1,i finished it) : Nice addition to the series,the atmosphere is there and the detective gameplay,i also like the 1st person view make the gameplay interesting,also Tyrant coming from ceiling near elevator scared the outta of me and every other tyrant encounters.

RE dead aim (finished) : Nice game.

RE outbreak (i finished the 1st but not the 2nd) : Also a nice game,too bad i didnt tried the online back then.

Revelations (only watched videos on youtube) : Its kind of like RE4 but atleast its closer to the older RE games in terms of atmosphere and monsters.

By Freaky Frank.
#2MallyPureSmoothPosted 3/4/2013 9:56:07 AM
I agree about the inventory system in RE0. Having to constantly backtrack to re-acquire you're dropped items is a major pain in the ass. Sure, it's more realistic, but it made the game more annoying than anything else. Still a good game though.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#3AG15Posted 3/4/2013 9:59:59 AM
The only thing I really didnt like about RE6 was the fact that you couldnt examine things to get messages like ''Nothing useful here'' or being able to find and read the files during gameplay, not on the main menu. That SERIOUSLY kills the vibe for me.

But I understand Capcom decided to do that because of co-op, nobody wants to wait until their partner finishes reading a file.

Co-op NEEDS TO GO, then Resident Evil will be muchhhh better.
---
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#4good_tobiPosted 3/4/2013 10:08:16 AM
FreakyFranc posted...

Re 3 (never finished it)

me too, I went as far as that grave yard (giant WORM) gate. It was too hard, scary and confusing for me back then. Desperately want to FINISH now. I can get it from PSN and try it on PSP/PS3 but I want to finish this game only on PC (where I started it).
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#5FreakyFranc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 10:25:28 AM
I made this topic to show everyone what i think of each games in the series,so they can see what kind of RE player i am.

Also you guys can also make a review like i did in this topic if you want to show what you guys liked from each of the RE games and what you didnt like,its a nice way to go straight to the point.
#6FreakyFranc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:20:49 AM(edited)
good_tobi posted...
FreakyFranc posted...

Re 3 (never finished it)

me too, I went as far as that grave yard (giant WORM) gate. It was too hard, scary and confusing for me back then. Desperately want to FINISH now. I can get it from PSN and try it on PSP/PS3 but I want to finish this game only on PC (where I started it).

Good luck,even if i bought the game for gamecube i still cant find the determination to continue the game,its too hard for me.
#7edward18Posted 3/4/2013 1:05:53 PM
It's kinda the thoughts I'd expect from you ^_^ I also couldn't continue through all of 0...dunno why...just felt...bleh...it's my "ex"'s favorite game of the series though =)
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8FreakyFranc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 1:17:05 PM
edward18 posted...
It's kinda the thoughts I'd expect from you ^_^ I also couldn't continue through all of 0...dunno why...just felt...bleh...it's my "ex"'s favorite game of the series though =)

The reason i stopped at that part in the game is because i rented the game back then and ever since i never got the chance of buying it yet.

But its still better than RE4,5 and 6,also i kinda like Rebecca.
#9darkvoid2100Posted 3/4/2013 4:41:35 PM
I just felt like i read the thoughts of a very young child after they attempted to play every re.

Quite....interesting.
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3720/89106594.jpg
http://s18.postimage.org/pz9w0l995/jill.jpg
#10FreakyFranc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:55:52 PM(edited)
darkvoid2100 posted...
I just felt like i read the thoughts of a very young child after they attempted to play every re.

Quite....interesting.

If i wanted to make a more 'complex' review,i would had made more than 1 post.

Also it would had been too long and less simple for those that dont like reading long and 'complex' text.

Because even if there are 'intelligent' peoples here on Gamefaqs,i also had to consider the 'less intelligent' ones too.

Im 21 year olds and i've played the RE series since i was a kid,so i got a lots of times playing and replaying those games during the years,i can pretty much give a much better analysis on this if i wanted.