Online Events - Ghosts of the Past

#1AnimesetsunaPosted 3/7/2013 4:15:21 AM(edited)
Ghosts of the Past (Speedrun)
03.08.2013 18:00:00 - 03.14.2013 18:00:00 JST
03.08.2013 09:00:00 - 03.14.2013 09:00:00 GMT
03.08.2013 01:00:00 - 03.14.2013 01:00:00 PT

Aim for the fastest clear time in Chris chapter 2!
So you finally remembered what happened...no-one can run from the past, but I know you'll come to terms with it eventually!

Rule details

-Clear Chris chapter 2 in the fastest time possible.
(You do not need to beat your previous highscore)
-The target chapter must be cleared starting from the very first episode and continuing in order.

Clear times that do not meet these requirements will not be considered, even if they are displayed in the Records section. (Your event progress is displayed on your Overview).

- NO SINGLE / MULTIPLAYER limits.

-In the event of a tie, the total number of "Enemies Routed" displayed on the results screens during the event period will be used as a tiebreaker.
- NO DIFFICULTY setting limits.

Warning

-Your console must be connected to the internet.
-You must have consented to data upload in the OPTIONS menu or the first time you launched the game.
-Event data is uploaded during the Results screen at the end of a chapter or stage.
-If you are offline or a connection error occurs, or if for any other reason your data is not correctly uploaded at this time, your data will not count towards the event.
(The same applies when data cannot be sent due to site maintenance or malfunction)
-You can track your event progress on your Overview.
-Please do not delete, create new files, or restore old backups of your Resident Evil 6 save file, as your data will be considered invalid for event purposes.

Event results
3/19/2013 18:00 (JST)
3/19/2013 09:00 (GMT)
3/19/2013 01:00 (PT)
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Hanazawa Kana (HanaKana) & Iguchi Yuka are my Goddesses (@w@)
#2ennuigamerPosted 3/7/2013 4:13:53 AM(edited)
So, in other words, you absolutely have to start from Chris 2-1 for your time to count. And you have to do it completely solo (AI partners only). Here's the rule change:

RESIDENT EVIL.NET [Ghosts of the Past] event rule change
15:30 (JST) March 4th
Resident Evil.Net "Ghosts of the Past" online event rule change
The rules for the event starting at 18:00 (JST) on March 8th will be modified as follows

Before:
- Single player only.
*Partner Join must be disabled when setting up the game session.
After:
- No single / multiplayer limits.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
---
-- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . (Morse code)
#3Animesetsuna(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:18:51 AM
You can do either Solo or Co-op. They already change it. "No single / multiplayer limits."
---
#4ennuigamerPosted 3/7/2013 4:22:36 AM
Animesetsuna posted...
You can do either Solo or Co-op. They already change it. "No single / multiplayer limits."

You're right. Strike what I said about doing the run completely solo. The start from 2-1 still stands though.
---
-- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . (Morse code)
#5Force InfinityPosted 3/7/2013 4:27:16 AM
The thing I never understood about Chris chapter 2 is how effective is the grenade launcher against the Ogromen. I always aim for their red thing but the grenade launcher never stuns them whereas with a shotgun or AMR they stun in one hit.

Have to know now as every second counts. Thanks.
---
"My face is on fire" - Ralph Wiggum
#6goku4ever03Posted 3/7/2013 5:16:03 AM
Grenade launcher is ineffective against Ogroman no matter which type of grenades you use.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
#7Stray_ZeroPosted 3/7/2013 7:24:11 AM
Well, so, I wonder if the "1st episode" implies that you have to start from the Chris Ch.1 and then on, or you have to start from Chris. Ch.2 from start to end, well, I dunno, I know the Leon's Ch.2 event was more or less different.
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#8Force InfinityPosted 3/7/2013 8:48:08 AM
Stray_Zero posted...
Well, so, I wonder if the "1st episode" implies that you have to start from the Chris Ch.1 and then on, or you have to start from Chris. Ch.2 from start to end, well, I dunno, I know the Leon's Ch.2 event was more or less different.

Pretty sure it means from Chris 2-1.
---
"My face is on fire" - Ralph Wiggum
#9Stray_ZeroPosted 3/7/2013 9:06:59 AM
Yeah...That's what I'm hoping for.
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#10Animesetsuna(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 1:23:57 AM
I just participate this. Doesn't matter the clear time. XD
---