So I just tried the demo

#1DaimeionPosted 3/8/2013 5:39:11 PM
I loved it, the atmosphere was alright, I like how the zombies would then become active when you least expect it and crawl towards you. And I would've been satisfied if the entire game was like that, but then I tried Chris' campaign...

I was literally like, "what the **** is this?!" Did the gameplay and feel just change drastically? And I don't mean that in a good way with. The tension was completely gone, and I'm now seeing zombies-like being that uses machine guns/rifles?

I was thinking about getting this, but now I need to know. Does Chris' campaign ever get better? How long does it last?
---
PSN: FateNightroad
#2slapper1Posted 3/8/2013 5:56:45 PM
Let me put it to you this way: Only Leon/Helena's Campaign has full zombie focus. Chris's and Jake's Campaigns deal with the J'avo (similar to the Majini from RE 5 or the Ganado's from RE 4 in that they are human, but mutated and can use weapons). Ada's Campaign has some zombies and some J'avo. Point being, if you don't like fighting the J'avo, then you are gonna hate Chris's, Jake's and most of Ada's Campaigns.

As for length, it goes like this:

Leon/Helena Campaign: 8-10 hours
Chris/Piers Campaign: 7-9 hours
Jake/Sherry Campaign: 6-8 hours
Ada/Agent Campaign: 5-6 hours.

*Note: Length is estimated playing time for a first playthrough of each Campaign. On average, it takes between 25-30 hours to play through all 4 campaigns for the first time.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#3Force InfinityPosted 3/8/2013 5:58:06 PM
Well you might be disappointed to know that that sort of atmosphere that you're after only really occurs during Leon's campaign whereas all the others are more fast paced action, with Jake's being especially so.
---
"My face is on fire" - Ralph Wiggum
#4Daimeion(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:10:01 PM
I was actually bit worried to play Jake's campaign because if this. But I didn't know that there were four campaigns overall. Based on what you guys said, it sounds like I'll pretty much enjoy only 1/4 of what this game has to offer. It does sound like it's a game that's probably worth getting for its length but...

I still don't know.
---
PSN: FateNightroad
#5tevin1569Posted 3/8/2013 6:17:08 PM
Daimeion posted...
I was actually bit worried to play Jake's campaign because if this. But I didn't know that there were four campaigns overall. Based on what you guys said, it sounds like I'll pretty much enjoy only 1/4 of what this game has to offer. It does sound like it's a game that's probably worth getting for its length but...

I still don't know.

Ada has atmosphere like Leon.
Jake has tension, especially with Ustanak on your ass.
Chris has arguebly the best campaign.
Leon has atmosphere but has a ton of action, the demo has nothing on the full game.
Buy it, play all & see if you enjoy.
I personally enjoyed all of the different play styles with Leon being my least favorite.
So just try it :)
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#6juggernaut1001Posted 3/8/2013 7:25:37 PM
I think they had a good mix of the old school zombie hoards + low ammo survival horror in Leon's campaign with the more action oriented game play of RE5 with Chris' campaign...Then they mixed in some stealth with Ada and Jake and Sherry's campaigns...Trying to please everyone.
#7DecaprePosted 3/8/2013 7:59:28 PM
tevin1569 posted...

NO NO NO NO NO!
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#8PyroSparkPosted 3/8/2013 8:44:40 PM(edited)
tevin1569 posted...
Daimeion posted...

I still don't know.

Leon has atmosphere but has a ton of action, the demo has nothing on the full game.

I personally enjoyed all of the different play styles with Leon being my least favorite.

Agreed.

MrHayes77 posted...
tevin1569 posted...

NO NO NO NO NO!

More like yes, yes, yes. By a landslide. Not to say the other campaigns are bad, but Chris was just amazing. Story wise and gameplay wise.

---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#9skermacPosted 3/8/2013 9:00:22 PM
tevin1569 posted...
Daimeion posted...

I still don't know.

Ustanak only gives you tension the first playthrough, after that he's a joke.
#10gmoshierPosted 3/8/2013 9:06:17 PM
tevin1569 posted...
Daimeion posted...

I still don't know.

Chris's campaign is the worst imo. Leon's campaign is the best and I thoroughly enjoyed Jake's and Ada's campaigns as well. I wish they would have left Chris's campaign out of this game and made the other 3 longer. I enjoy replaying all of the campaigns except for Chris's.
---
Must buy RE: Revelations, The Last of Us, & Beyond: Two Souls!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/7/gmoshier.png