Why Did The Game Garnish So Much Hate?

#1DagorhaPosted 3/9/2013 9:11:14 AM
I heard that it had to do a lot with the tone being less survival horror but RE5 barely had any survival horror either and it seems as if RE6 has been praised universally better game play then RE5. I mean, I loved the survival horror atmosphere and I think RE4 had it the closest between actiony run and gunning with actual tension spliced into it but I didn't think the departure from Survival Horror wasn't too terrible.

But now they decided to release Revelations on main consoles because it had a better reception and had much more in common with survival horror genres. So do you also think that maybe RE is going to start going back to its roots more? And why did this game garnish so much hatred?
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#2MiniKillerPosted 3/9/2013 9:14:54 AM
Maybe because they aren't sticking to one formula and changing it with every release? I dunno, but maybe a reboot is in order
#3Crimson_RexPosted 3/9/2013 9:39:18 AM
Because people are stupid and want to be spoiled. They can't handle change.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#4zombiabsolPosted 3/9/2013 10:06:05 AM
What I don't understand is why people bash on this for being too actiony not enough horror, when it had more horror and 'resident evil' atmosphere elements than re5 did. This one also has puzzles AND backtracking.

If re5 had these controls, it would feel just like re6, with less explosions.

And off topic, am I the only one who thinks the re5 beta was probably one of the best story ideas?
And that if the game wasn't in africa, it would have probably been an amazing resident evil game.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#5UnknownWinPosted 3/9/2013 10:14:43 AM
1- because it doesnt have tank controls like the old games.
2- because shinji mikamis name didnt appear in the ending credits.
3- because most ppl hate it. some ppl decided to have no personal opinion and follow other people opinions.
#6edward18Posted 3/9/2013 10:37:19 AM
Resident Evil 4 is the worst game in the main series.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7UnknownWinPosted 3/9/2013 10:45:58 AM
Resident Evil 4 is the worst game in the main series.

u said u will post the link where u say why u hate re4 everytime u talk about re4.
#8edward18Posted 3/9/2013 10:48:06 AM
oh, my apologies: http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Why-Don-t-You-Like-Resident-Evil-4-357678234
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9ShinWeskerPosted 3/9/2013 10:53:33 AM
I thought it was a decent game but with lots of mistakes

- almost no puzzles
- bad atmosphere (not scary)
- Chris Campaign
- zombies with guns
- Vehicle sections
- too many QTEs
- boring chases
- recycled chapters (worst chapters like the turret section)
- story is even worse than before
---
Top 5 Fighters: TTT2, UMVC3, KOF13, SSF4, BB:CSE.
Shadows of the Damned >>> RE6, Binary Domain >>> ME3
#10juggernaut1001Posted 3/9/2013 11:42:18 AM
Because the ones complaining aren't true RE fans.