About peoples not liking older control and camera angles...

#1FreakyFrancPosted 3/10/2013 10:49:28 AM(edited)
I understand if peoples would find games with outdated graphics less interesting even if its not something i bother with since i play older video games all the time.

But hatin on the older RE games just because of the controls and camera angles is something i will never understand of you guys.

Of course its normal of someone to find the control bad because they are not good with it since they only started to play the game for the first time,but seriously if you would take your time and play the game multiples times you would get better with the controls,in the end you just need to get acustomed to it.

And they think the camera angles are also bad,because it also make the controls more difficult to master or they dont like that they cant see a zombie until it come to view or they dont like pre-rendered background (something that i find quite artistically beautiful).

Here what i have to say everytime i see those kind of comments :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OjbP5sbqx00#t=917s

(from 15:18 to 15:25)
#2gamestop27Posted 3/10/2013 7:45:35 PM
Get over it.
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#3XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 3/10/2013 8:26:58 PM
The ones who don't like the old games are a minority. Any time there's an old school vs new school or horror vs action poll the majority of people choose the old style.

Personally I don't care what controls or camera they use as long as we get a slow paced horror game.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#4Hawke0Posted 3/10/2013 10:25:15 PM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
The ones who don't like the old games are a minority.

lolololololololol
Among vocal fans yes, but we on Gfaqs are nothing but an irrelevant minority.
---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
x7fQ3VNAeoBsoqIzzcvjRKy_rpT
#5Syn_VengeancePosted 3/11/2013 12:17:22 AM
Hawke0 posted...
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...

lolololololololol

this
#6FreakyFranc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 4:38:12 AM(edited)
PFFF yeah right,everytime i see a comment of someone saying the controls are horrible,i always know that that person just s*** with the controls.

They must be like ''oh no i cant seem to turn around this zombie and i keep dying,grrrr im mad,im never going to play this game again''.

Just keep playing and get acustomed to the controls,maybe it will feel less bad after that.

Seriously i play the older RE games everytime,i find the controls really easy to use and not even once i found the camera angles to be a problem for me,hell it made the experience even better.

Also that whole hate on slower gameplay is stupid,its like 2 peoples eating,while 1 person is eating fast,the other one take is time so he can enjoy the taste,the later being what i actually felt from a older RE games,i took my time playing those and enjoyed them,not like RE4,5 and 6.

A good exemple would be the Castlevania games,you got the slower gameplay castlevania and the faster paced metroidvania.

Here a video by Egoraptor that show an exemple of slower gameplay vs faster gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aip2aIt0ROM&feature=player_detailpage#t=751s
#7zombiabsolPosted 3/11/2013 5:02:34 AM
I think old school controls are stupd. Horrible.
I know how to play them.
They aren't 'frustrating'
But they are bad
Saying people just have to get used to it is like saying " re1s voice acting wasn't bad, you just had to get accustomed to it'll pass right through your ears!"

Of course, those are your and my opinions

I also forgot to mention that they're fun too, and I like the older games.

So yeah.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#8scorpion41Posted 3/11/2013 7:31:23 AM
People who dislike the design of the older games, but will pick up the newest Silent Hill game are the ones who annoy me...hypocrites they are.
---
PSN: scorpion_4160/ME3: Destroyer
Ace Combat:AH call sign: Wildcat/ plane: F-14D Super Tomcat
#9jpv2000Posted 3/11/2013 8:10:42 AM
FreakyFranc posted...
Seriously i play the older RE games everytime,i find the controls really easy to use and not even once i found the camera angles to be a problem for me,hell it made the experience even better.

Same here. I love the new controls and games as well, but REmake is my favorite game of all time to this day.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#10Red04Posted 3/11/2013 2:28:12 PM
Hawke0 posted...
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...

lolololololololol

So true
---
"Which witch switched the Swatch watch?"