modern re games > classic re games.

#1UnknownWinPosted 3/11/2013 7:47:21 AM
in terms of graphics,story,online modes and length.
#2SamA7XPosted 3/11/2013 8:09:43 AM(edited)
Graphic's don't mean a thing to me aslong as the game is fun to play, these days its more like watching a DVD than actually playing a game, The Technology consoles use today wasn't around in the late 90's so of course the graphics are better now, just because the graphics are great, doesn't mean the game is good.

Story wise I have to disagree with you mainly because the story is pretty dumb, A virus that can be used to transform a person into an exact double of another person, sounds alot like the plot from the Bond film Die Another Day. Also this whole "The Family" story sounds like a rip off from the Patriots from the MGS series.

With the online it's obvious since the consoles didn't have the ability to use the internet, also none of the classic games were 2 Player so it wouldn't of mattered anyway. I also liked playing the game alone, it makes it more scary knowing your on your own with no one to help you.

Length wise again I have to disagree, The modern Resident Evil is just following a set path, there is never any back tracking, just follow a road and kill stuff with plently of supplied ammo, in the classic games on a first time playthrough it would take a long time to complete since some of the puzzles were very challenging also it was never perfectly clear where you had to go and ammo is slim so you couldn't just rush about and gun everything down like you could in the modern games, I'd say they were about the same length wise.

This is my opinion, I'm not trying to force it on anyone, this is my own thoughts on the subject :)
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
#3zombiabsolPosted 3/11/2013 8:08:31 AM
Your Opinions.
They make me lol

Older games = newer games.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#4FreakyFrancPosted 3/11/2013 8:35:10 AM
The older games will always give me a sense of satisfaction,not like RE4,5 and 6.

Graphics,controls,camera angles and backtracking doesnt bother me.

The stories in the older games are much better than the newer ones.

Dont need online minigames when you have an awesome story mode like the older games.

I prefer exploring a huge area than a stupid path line.
#5XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 3/11/2013 8:53:22 AM
I know you're trolling but I'll feed ya.

The graphics should be better considering they came out in the late 90s and it's now 2013.

The story isn't better at all. RE4's story is pretty much thought of as the worst story in the series.

RE games shouldn't have online play because it's a horror series so that point is moot. The only online modes it should have is maybe something like Mercenaries.

Length doesn't mean a thing. Sometimes short and sweet works. RE6's campaign just dragged on after a while.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#6UnknownWin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 8:57:25 AM
I know you're trolling but I'll feed ya.

The graphics should be better considering they came out in the late 90s and it's now 2013.

The story isn't better at all. RE4's story is pretty much thought of as the worst story in the series.

RE games shouldn't have online play because it's a horror series so that point is moot. The only online modes it should have is maybe something like Mercenaries.

Length doesn't mean a thing. Sometimes short and sweet works. RE6's campaign just dragged on after a while.

i never troll.
#7XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 3/11/2013 9:04:51 AM(edited)
Oh no you're a good boy right? You'd never do that.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#8edward18Posted 3/11/2013 9:09:38 AM
The stories are far better in the classics and main RE games shouldn't have online.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai