Getting this today

#11Edison720Posted 3/13/2013 11:25:56 PM
no no no guys, its Leon (for the zombie intensity), then Chris (for the epic last chapter) then Jake(one goddamn identity crisis of a campaign) then Ada(just because its there) :D
#12kalibre16Posted 3/14/2013 12:04:29 AM
Well since you are already doing chris you may as well do jakes, then Leon's and finally Ada

Of course if I had seen this topic earlier I would have suggested to do them in the order the game presents it but oh well and in my opinion Leons is the best (Love zombies plus the ambience in CH1 and CH2 is the closest I've felt to RE in a while)

Jakes Follows after (I really don't care what you have to say to me it mixed up the gameplay the most offering up a huge variety plus the pairing is my favorite of the three I refuse to count Ada's campaign as Co-Op)

Ada's is next (Play this one solo at least the first time, having co-op in there feels weird as it was never meant to be that way other than that my only complaint is that much like separate ways its simply too short but still pretty good)

Chris (As others have said this is probably the most cohesive story in the game but goddamn why does it take so long to get good I swear I didn't start getting invested until they meet "Ada" as far as gameplay goes you either love it or hate it if you've never played a shooter before you may find it a bit frustrating if you have then you'll feel right at home except maybe for a few parts Snipers and Choppers I'm looking at you)
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#13DreamCast_RocksPosted 3/14/2013 12:50:10 AM
Starting with Chris is a bad idea as the campaign has some of the most intense battles in this game. And since the game has so many movesets, it's hard to get used to them when you're often surrounded by enemies and gunfire. This will lead you to mindlessly shoot enemies, get bored and eventually hate the game. What I suggest is that switch to Leon's campaign as it has slower/less enemies in the beginning, get used to controls, and then move onto other campaigns. Chris' campaign especially will be much more enjoyable if played this way.
---
Top 5 - Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy V, Wind Waker, Silent Hill, Metroid Prime
#14JohnnyCage1933(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:26:30 AM
DreamCast_Rocks posted...
Starting with Chris is a bad idea as the campaign has some of the most intense battles in this game. And since the game has so many movesets, it's hard to get used to them when you're often surrounded by enemies and gunfire. This will lead you to mindlessly shoot enemies, get bored and eventually hate the game. What I suggest is that switch to Leon's campaign as it has slower/less enemies in the beginning, get used to controls, and then move onto other campaigns. Chris' campaign especially will be much more enjoyable if played this way.

I beat the first three chapters of Chris campaign last night and didn't find it hard of frustrating at all, except for that chase where you have to stay close to Ada. Other than that it is pretty exciting.

I will look forward to Leon's if it is more traditional Survival Horror.
---
psn: TaNkBuStA40
#15skermacPosted 3/14/2013 8:03:33 AM
I play as Sherry 90% of the time because I like looking at her. Plus her campaign is fun or I wouldn't be playing it.
#16JohnnyCage1933(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 11:33:08 AM
I just beat the Chris and Piers campaign...I loved it...Held off on getting this game when it came out because of the reviews...I was wrong to do so...that was a good time...look forward to playing the other two campaigns
---
#17JohnnyCage1933(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:08:11 PM
Jake and Sherri down...had a blast as well...guess I will tackle Leon Tomorrow!
---
#18DreamCast_RocksPosted 3/14/2013 10:36:29 PM
Glad you are enjoying the game :)

I was just afraid that you might end up hating the game like so many people who started with Chris' campaign (assuming it's the worst) and played it like GOW/COD.

Once you learn all the tricks after beating the campaigns and playing around with The Mercenaries mode for a bit, the game will just get better and better even after 100+ hours.
Hope you have much fun with RE6 :)
---
Top 5 - Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy V, Wind Waker, Silent Hill, Metroid Prime
#19tevin1569Posted 3/14/2013 10:46:12 PM
Ugh...all these gamers and the identity crisis. Jake's was my favorite, I thought it was different and cool, play it, it's nice :)
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#20JohnnyCage1933(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 9:39:28 AM
tevin1569 posted...
Ugh...all these gamers and the identity crisis. Jake's was my favorite, I thought it was different and cool, play it, it's nice :)

I loved Jakes campaign my only complaint was it was way too short.

Quick question guys I started Leons... How long is it? Seems longer than the other two
---