"Classic RE 6" run

#11Xean_Liteheart(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:06:18 AM
Archiantagonist posted...
largerock posted...
Ooh ooh How about....You instead play on Pro and have Lone Wolf equipped?

I'm pretty sure that he'll be stoped by Lepo on Pro, no matter what...but I like the idea with Lone Wolf.

I made it through chapters 1 and 2( up till you enter the cathedral anyway....lost interest) alone.

But like you said, the AI takes care of most things, if just slowly.

Got past chapter 3: Problem spots:

1)Like predicted, Helena will be in for some trouble after turning the crank.
2)No Boxes rule means only 5 Rifle ammo for the whole chapter, so yeah....Leon has a hard time protecting Helena after a certain "jump then pillar breaks" scene.
3)Hardest+ luck-based-ish part: Helena's segment where she has to get past 10k enemies and turn a crank v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y.

Other than that, chills. Will be trying Ch4 shortly. Only place we'll be breaking the rules is Ustanak---I'd rather not wait for J+S to wear him down (no patience+boring).
#12slapper1Posted 3/14/2013 9:48:03 AM(edited)
Even though it's not a classic tradition in the RE series, you have to include a melee only run on at least Jake's Campaign (minus the part where you have to shoot Ustanak on the chopper, the Ogroman boss fight, and the bike scene in chapter 4). I did it with Jake and it was awesome taking down bosses with only melee and with minimal damage taken. I'm thinking of trying a Melee only runthrough using Jake on Vet mode with no skills and no deaths, should be interesting to say the least.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#13ArchiantagonistPosted 3/14/2013 9:30:08 AM
Xean_Liteheart posted...
I made it through chapters 1 and 2( up till you enter the cathedral anyway....lost interest) alone.

What difficulty you're playing on?

Only place we'll be breaking the rules is Ustanak---I'd rather not wait for J+S to wear him down (no patience+boring).

as I've said above - 9 handgun shots on explosives should do the job.
You don't have to break any rules.

I think you could give more details on your run, otherwise topic seems rather pointless tbh
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#14Xean_Liteheart(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 10:41:44 AM
Archiantagonist posted...
Xean_Liteheart posted...

What difficulty you're playing on?

Only place we'll be breaking the rules is Ustanak---I'd rather not wait for J+S to wear him down (no patience+boring).

as I've said above - 9 handgun shots on explosives should do the job.
You don't have to break any rules.

I think you could give more details on your run, otherwise topic seems rather pointless tbh

Difficulty is Professional.

I DID forget we had explosive tanks, so we made it through that just fine. Chapter 4 was actually pretty darn easy, come to think of it: Simmons really replenished the ammo supply.

Chapter 5 is hell for both players, since there's no "Out in the open" ammo lying around, and that there's 3 boss sequences (4 if you count helping Ada).

I had to break the No Melee rule when Simmons was blocking the door, due to the need for ammo for both the crane and the final parts.

PS: Btw, what details should I have included...?
#15ArchiantagonistPosted 3/14/2013 10:56:16 AM
Xean_Liteheart posted...
Difficulty is Professional.

I see

Chapter 5 is hell for both players

You played Co-op?

PS: Btw, what details should I have included...?

Well, tactics you used in certain moments
(like already mentioned Whoppers or 1st Lepo for example)

I was honestly preparing myself for some good read,
but it seems that it's all over already... before it even started x__.'
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#16Xean_Liteheart(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:22:25 PM
Well the breakdown was pretty much this:

Chapter 1 had us (Me and my good friend dudebean329) collecting ammo and running away from anything unnecessary, such as the parking lot, most of the campus (Ran around to avoid wasting ammo during the time Hunnigan tries to unlock the door).

Ran away from everything in the subway and streets, up until the mandatory kill count at the gas station.We then killed enough z's to trigger the police car, then promptly waited to shoot the oil.

Gunshop was cleared through around 2 incendiaries each, plus 1 remote bomb each for the Whopper (Did not melee him of course, we shot him in the head when he kneeled).

Then it was back to running around on the rooftop, then killing the last Whopper.

Chapter 2 involved running away from everything except outside the cathedral and the Lepo+Deborah fights. We splurged ammo on Lepo, 'cause "What the hell else are we gonna do?" (Leon quote).

Deborah went smoothly with some patience and well-aimed rifle shots.

Chapter 3 was boring, to say the least. Incendiaries make quick work of all z's. Ran around while waiting for Simmons' door to open.

Chapter 4= Ammo supply.

Chapter 5=Patience+Ammo splurge time.

The End.
#17AvengedRenoPosted 3/15/2013 8:02:15 AM
I'm doing this now on veteran difficulty and after that I might do jakes and sherrys with just melee except for the parts where you have to shoot