About Ada's campaign (spoilers)

#1Force InfinityPosted 3/13/2013 4:38:46 PM
I've just replayed it on professional and noticed a line that I missed first time round.

In chapter 5 Ada talks about erasing all evidence of her identity theft but why would she want to do that? Surely she would want people to know her identity was stolen so they don't go after her but now no one knows and Chris is going to have her head.

Maybe I've misinterpreted but what's other people's take on it?
---
"My face is on fire" - Ralph Wiggum
#2skermacPosted 3/13/2013 4:52:53 PM
Force Infinity posted...
I've just replayed it on professional and noticed a line that I missed first time round.

In chapter 5 Ada talks about erasing all evidence of her identity theft but why would she want to do that? Surely she would want people to know her identity was stolen so they don't go after her but now no one knows and Chris is going to have her head.

Maybe she doesn't want anyone to know that someone inferior to her could steal her identity. Besides, Chris thinks she's dead. I don't know how many others know she is still alive, but someone called her at the end and offered her a job. I hope we see that in the next game or she gets her own game!
#3Force Infinity(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 5:13:15 PM(edited)
skermac posted...
Force Infinity posted...

Maybe she doesn't want anyone to know that someone inferior to her could steal her identity. Besides, Chris thinks she's dead. I don't know how many others know she is still alive, but someone called her at the end and offered her a job. I hope we see that in the next game or she gets her own game!

I like Ada a lot but I just find the whole story around her rather bizarre. I mean stealing highly dangerous biological virus and parasites to sell to some unknown organisation surely would trigger some sort of reaction from the government to hunt her down or something but its almost like its a 'normal' profession in the RE universe O_o

What's even more weird is that they treat resurrections with no surprise at all like when Leon met Ada in RE4. It would not surprise me if they saw her 'alive' in RE7 and think nothing of it.
---
"My face is on fire" - Ralph Wiggum
#4good_tobiPosted 3/13/2013 5:10:06 PM
Force Infinity posted...
Ada talks about erasing all evidence of her identity theft but why would she want to do that? Surely she would want people to know her identity was stolen so they don't go after her

It can only be that she doesn't want people to know about her or Capcom doesn't want to reveal her story yet (probably won't).

Damnation and RE6 is written by the same guy so I think he is probably setting things up for future movie/game.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#5zombiabsolPosted 3/13/2013 5:18:11 PM
From my understanding....
Ada erased evidence of her identity theft, because she probably wants everybody to think carla really was her. That way ada can be even more mysterious and people wouldn't hunt her down since she "died"

Chris thought ada died , but it was carla. Since she has no evidence to prove her identity was stolen, people think the ada that died was the real one, thus making it to where nobody will think of her anymore , since she's 'dead'. She doesn't want anybody to know she's still out there. The only ones who know are leon helena and possibly hunnigan. And I doubt leon and helena are gonna snitch.

Smart move by ada if you think, just imagine chris wtf face.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#6ArchiantagonistPosted 3/13/2013 8:12:59 PM
Force Infinity posted...

I think she did pretty much the same choice that Leon did at the end of his Chapter 3.
She figured that it's pointless to bother clearing her name or whatever
and just arranges her own death to cut some tails.
Besides, since she gets a call with new task from someone at the end of her campaign
(when she supposed to be considered dead, by pretty much everyone aside from Leon)
that means that - those who need to know, do know everything already

What's even more weird is that they treat resurrections with no surprise at all like when Leon met Ada in RE4. It would not surprise me if they saw her 'alive' in RE7 and think nothing of it.

It's more of Leon's way of dealing with stuff, rather than overall reaction in RE series.
In RE 6 alone he:

- Shoots the man he called friend(president) at the very start of the game.
Surely, he said "I'm sorry, Adam", but all in all he stayed collected.
- Discovers that Chief National Security Advisor,
who he heard to be a friend of the president for more than 30 years,
is responsible for the mess...again, without some explicit expressions.
- Sees that thing on video tape in Chapter 2...without OMG WTF!
- Hears about Ada's death from Chris...and goes with "Copy that".
He could have easily put some b**** mode on Chris("I told you NOT to!") but he didn't.
- etc

It doesn't mean he doesn't care... that's just the way he is.
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#7jpv2000Posted 3/14/2013 7:52:14 AM
Archiantagonist posted...
- Hears about Ada's death from Chris...and goes with "Copy that".
He could have easily put some b**** mode on Chris("I told you NOT to!") but he didn't.

^This^ bothered me as well. And for Chris's part I thought he should have made it clear that it was not he, nor the BSAA, that killed her.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#8siberian142Posted 3/14/2013 11:23:10 AM
Ada's a spy, it would be beneficial for the world to think that she's dead. It would be too messy for her if she tried explaining who Carla was and who she is, considering her background.

Leon heard and saw Ada from the shadows, so it's not like he thought she was dead in 2. He doesn't get any follow any information about her until 4, but she does clearly throw him a rocket launcher. Besides, he just leaves her there without checking for any vital signs so he must be a horrible judge of what's dead or not considering she just gets up shortly after and escapes by herself.

Leon doesn't really seem to care because "Ada" caused tons of damage. She always lurked in the shadows before and he has little information about her, so her coming straight out and seemingly become a villain probably ruined his image of her.