"serious players only" in merc

#1YermomHoudiniPosted 3/14/2013 2:57:54 PM(edited)
means "help me beat this stage for free because I can't do it"
seems like they only want serious player to join because they can't measure up and need someone to hold their hands through it.

no skills equipped
equips "power counter" but misses every single counter opportunity
doesn't have a single character that have 150 combo
doesn't counter the easy kills
doesn't headshot
enter dying state more than once before 100 kills pop up

it seems decent good players only appear in play 4 fun or hiscore. I mean I even got disconnected or kicked in play 4 fun. I still don't have the balls to join hiscore though because I don't think I am quite there yet.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#2UnfoolishPosted 3/14/2013 2:54:09 PM
LOL

Many interpretations!

Once joined High Score Hinjinks, high score can be anything even minimum S Rank.
#3YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 3:03:35 PM(edited)
the 1st 30 kills were all +5, +5, +5, I was like why the hell am I countering or setting up CDG for? after they died once, I just said screw it and started doing head shot/arm shot melee kills
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#4skermacPosted 3/14/2013 3:07:02 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
means "help me beat this stage for free because I can't do it"
seems like they only want serious player to join because they can't measure up and need someone to hold their hands through it.

no skills equipped
equips "power counter" but misses every single counter opportunity
doesn't have a single character that have 150 combo
doesn't counter the easy kills
doesn't headshot
enter dying state more than once before 100 kills pop up

it seems decent good players only appear in play 4 fun or hiscore. I mean I even got disconnected or kicked in play 4 fun. I still don't have the balls to join hiscore though because I don't think I am quite there yet.



I get more 150 combos playing for fun than I in hi score or serious players. It never used to be that way. Don't know what happened. So now I only join playing for fun games and if the other person loses the combo I don't complain because I chose to join playing for fun.
#5AquamarinPosted 3/14/2013 6:51:39 PM
When I join or create these, 90% of the time is exactly like you described. The remaining 10% were really good people that I could easily get 150 with. About half of those are on my friend list and have become mercs buddies with whom I got some nice high scores. They are out there, just don't give up.
Like Unfoolish said, don't worry about joining Highscore Hijinks; not everyone knows the "generally accepted" guidelines. A few I joined had people who obviously never got 150. Others just barely had 1.1M. "Is this their off character and do they have their 1.4M character somewhere else? Or..." Usually, you won't need more than a minute to find out. On the other hand, you could also join a 1.4xM player who'll kick you as soon as they see that your Chris (default character when joining) doesn't have a good score, not even letting you show your main character. Whatever, someone like that isn't worth it anyway.
Also, what I do sometimes is check their last achievements in their profile. Definitely not a surefire way to tell but if you see that someone has gotten just the few that you get by playing the first few missions, chances are (s)he won't get far.
#6YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:04:09 PM
I am not great or anything. my best score is only 1.28 something and that's including holding boss which I really suck at, and I break combos easily if my partner isn't that great. I try to counter everything but I need my pharmacist so the score will never be as high as needed.

still, I expect serious players to be somewhat decent at getting things done when play 4 fun guys are room kickers.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#7ridley723Posted 3/17/2013 8:59:12 AM
I went in them all day yesterday and was shocked to find you're right. Every room I went in no one had a 150 combo with any character. At the best they were on the cusp of a 150 combo. Laughs were had.