when it comes to enemy names...

#1natarlePosted 3/15/2013 9:04:23 AM
now , ive been playing since the first game, back in the day. right, ok

what the HOLY HELL is up with some of these enemy names, and am I supposed to remember these guys names from one to the next?

further more, am i supposed to be able to pronounce them? did they forget to translate the names and just left it like this? why dont they put them in english so people can enjoy it?

i love resident evil , even 6 , but come on capcom.
---
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE
GT- ShinnZeta PSN-BIGBOSSGUNDAM fc 0347 6354 5762
#2ArchiantagonistPosted 3/15/2013 9:41:19 AM
natarle posted...
why dont they put them in english so people can enjoy it?

And what does English has to do with enjoying the games exactly?
Besides, no one asks you to pronounce and/or remember anything.
+ it may come as a surprise for you, but these games are loved and played
not only in English-speaking countries...
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#3natarle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 9:50:20 AM
"chris , LOOK OUT ITS A NEUVOCOLASIZZLEFLAMBEORABOROSHI- chris !!? CHRIS!!!!"
---
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE
#4Putty121Posted 3/15/2013 9:55:40 AM(edited)
I think he meant more, half of the enemy names are basically a mash of gutturals, consonants, and punctuation in a cluster F of letters and don't really identify to the enemy at hand regardless of what language you speak (besides things, like... Zombie with Rock, and Zombie with Hat hahahaha). G'Nezdo? Strellats? Ubvi'stvo? Dozens of other weird examples, and I wouldn't have a problem looking at the stats and memorizing names to faces... but the pictures in the stat menu are all super zoomed in from a right angle as if the effin Pincer Head J'avo is trying to take his own Facebook profile pic. So many of the images are just a mash of flesh, orange, spattered fluid, and ballooned body parts, etc.
I could find a decent guide or walkthrough and just get the names down once and for all, but I think I'd rather just stick with "Watch out! Spiderman!" "effin' flying bat-thing!" "Lord of the Flies and "Mr. Squiggles with the Chainsaw." Forget about the name for the zombie holding the fire extinguisher, though, I'll never remember that one. Oh wait..
#5natarle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 9:57:04 AM
Putty121 posted...
I think he meant more, half of the enemy names are basically a mash of gutturals, consonants, and punctuation in a cluster F of letters and don't really identify to the enemy at hand regardless of what language you speak (besides things, like... Zombie with Rock, and Zombie with Hat hahahaha). G'Nezdo? Strellats? Ubvi'stvo? Dozens of other weird examples, and I wouldn't have a problem looking at the stats and memorizing names to faces... but the pictures in the stat menu are all super zoomed in from a right angle as if the effin Pincer Head J'avo is trying to take his own Facebook profile pic. So many of the images are just a mash of flesh, orange, spattered fluid, and ballooned body parts, etc.
I could find a decent guide or walkthrough and just get the names down once and for all, but I think I'd rather just stick with "Watch out! Spiderman!" "effin' flying bat-thing!" "Lord of the Flies and "Mr. Squiggles with the Chainsaw." Forget about the name for the zombie holding the fire extinguisher, though, I'll never remember that one. Oh wait..

this times one million. he put what I couldnt say into words.
---
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE
#6sabrestormPosted 3/15/2013 10:07:53 AM
the game is multinational so they need multinational names so they must have hired a name generaring guy from hungary or ubzkistan for this game.
#7edward18Posted 3/15/2013 10:19:55 AM
I can remember almost all the names up to Revelations just fine.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8DreamCast_RocksPosted 3/15/2013 10:22:57 AM
natarle posted...

Haha! Even though I don't fully agree with your complaint I always love this kinda sense of humor :)
---
Top 5 - Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy V, Wind Waker, Silent Hill, Metroid Prime
#9goku4ever03Posted 3/15/2013 11:17:53 AM
Putty121 posted...

Pretty sure all those enemies are named after Serbian words, which are related to the way that enemy looks or acts.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
#10WWP7Posted 3/15/2013 3:18:18 PM
natarle posted...

This.