This article in the comments below proves to me gamers don't grow up.

#1KaliestoPosted 3/15/2013 3:22:22 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/left-4-dead-2-x-resident-evil-6-crossover-revealed-6405412?

I'm getting sick of the jabs and insults that just seem like gamers will always be a bunch of babies. You know? I tried to hard to escape from this, but I see it everywhere now on forums and every favorite game I'm into. Why do people got to be a bunch of negative punks? It's mostly people in their late teens and 20s, this is not funny. There is seriously something wrong my generation acting like a bunch of...which I can't say on GFAQS.

This a twofold topic, a reaction to a DLC we will be getting, but the mindset of a bunch of people that like to talk trash because they didn't get what they wanted.

IS this is how it's going to be for now on for years to come? I hope the next generation coming in will be more appreciative than the morons I have to suffer with.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#2gamestop27Posted 3/15/2013 4:28:38 PM
I was excited about this crossover until I read the "only on pc" part.
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#3Dark SymphonyPosted 3/15/2013 4:50:40 PM

I'm getting sick of the jabs and insults that just seem like gamers will always be a bunch of babies. You know? I tried to hard to escape from this, but I see it everywhere now on forums and every favorite game I'm into. Why do people got to be a bunch of negative punks? It's mostly people in their late teens and 20s, this is not funny. There is seriously something wrong my generation acting like a bunch of...which I can't say on GFAQS.

This a twofold topic, a reaction to a DLC we will be getting, but the mindset of a bunch of people that like to talk trash because they didn't get what they wanted.

IS this is how it's going to be for now on for years to come? I hope the next generation coming in will be more appreciative than the morons I have to suffer with.

Quit being silly. People are saying something bad about something you like and you're trying to overstate the severity of the situation.

It's the internet. People are negative on the internet no matter who what where when. Ever watch the news? Is it positive?

Being negative is safer. You can keep your defenses up. And you can always change your mind. But accidentally say you like the wrong thing and you're toast. Accidentally understate the effect of something and the world will have your head (and job and career). It can go both ways but being positive is way more risky.

Unless you're being paid to be positive.

Let me explain another reason for the negativity...

When a game is announced that I am excited about and know I will buy guess what I do? Nothing. I don't surf for new info. I don't feel compelled nearly as much to post things or chat. I want to avoid spoilers. I want to be surprised. I'm not compelled to seek out forums and talk about how excited I am. Because I'm content. I want the product.

But if there's something stupid happening? I'm all ready to go back and forth. Because I want change. The status quo isn't good enough. I'm ready for the next battle.

This is another reason you get the influx of negativity no matter where you go.

Also, the internet makes everything terrible. Massive communication and opinionation in text form where inflection and body language can't be read. Where everything is a big deal.
#4ridley723Posted 3/15/2013 7:06:30 PM
I have to say of the current top comments are the most civilized comments I've ever seen having anything to do with RE6 outside this forum. Then I reached the bottom lol.

Welcome to the internet.
#5JohnnyCage1933Posted 3/15/2013 7:13:21 PM
They are called video games... Not real life... They are a reason to act like a kid again... So who wants to be mature? Anytime the name resident evil gets mentioned I remember playing it when I was 13 in 1996...i don't care about acting my age
---
psn: TaNkBuStA40
#6XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 3/15/2013 7:38:51 PM
People are actually sick of RE being a mindless action shooter? Imagine that?
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#7zombiabsolPosted 3/15/2013 9:06:15 PM
JohnnyCage1933 posted...
They are called video games... Not real life... They are a reason to act like a kid again... So who wants to be mature? Anytime the name resident evil gets mentioned I remember playing it when I was 13 in 1996...i don't care about acting my age

I see it more as, video games are a way of expanding our imagination beyond what we have thought of ourselves. Well at least the creative ones.

But If you wanna feel like a 'kid' again, try legos. Never get old. Ever.

Just watch your feet :0
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#8JohnnyCage1933Posted 3/15/2013 9:13:43 PM
zombiabsol posted...
JohnnyCage1933 posted...

I see it more as, video games are a way of expanding our imagination beyond what we have thought of ourselves. Well at least the creative ones.

I never played with Legos as a kid... Too many sports year round... But you're welcome to go back to them... As for expanding my imagination I read books... You should try it
---
psn: TaNkBuStA40
#9zombiabsolPosted 3/15/2013 9:39:27 PM
JohnnyCage1933 posted...
zombiabsol posted...
JohnnyCage1933 posted...

I never played with Legos as a kid... Too many sports year round... But you're welcome to go back to them... As for expanding my imagination I read books... You should try it

Not sure what to think of your post , as the first half seemed friendly.
Then it went grey...

Also, no thanks. I have read plenty of books already and have taken a break to write my own.

Also, I'm 15, so legos aren't that much of a stretch, especially if were talking about using them artistically, it would still seem legit.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#10ReflarePosted 3/15/2013 9:44:16 PM
JohnnyCage1933 posted...
zombiabsol posted...
JohnnyCage1933 posted...

Nothing bad about Legos though. I both played with legos and read books, still do.

On topic, yeah, people get very ridiculous at times.
---
The Muse and the Painter