Amazing! RE6 PC Version to Feature New Enemies and Characters in Merc
I think Crapcom want to attract L4D fans to buy this game.
Hanazawa Kana \(@w@)/
Playing: Sword Art Online Infinity Moment PSP
On topic, I really find this unfair to console players. If you want to get the exclusives, then you've gotta shell out the cash for the PC version. Then you need a really powerful gaming PC, like Alienware, to actually play the game at regular speed. Not only did Crapcom screw over their PS3 base for a while with the timed exclusives, but they aren't getting No Mercy mode or the L4D either. Then you've got the loyal fanbase that spent $60+ (if you bought DLC) in the beginning, yet the Steam version is getting it for free when pre-ordered. Just my opinion on the matter.
Well guess what, PC players get screwed 90% of the time anyway, but every once in awhile they deserve something nice. Most PC gamers know that consoles are favored over them, so for once they can finally say it's the other way around. I don't think you should really be complaining considering you usually get the long end of the stick.
To most companies PC is considered second class, below console. Rarely, and I do mean rarely, companies like Capcom decide to be nice to PC gamers, I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean From gave the Dark Souls DLC to PC players for free too, while on ps3 it cost 15 bucks.
Besides, Capcom has been doing this PC exclusive stuff since DMC4 with Legendary Dark Knight Mode, and RE5 had No Mercy mode as well. The fact of the matter is, consoles couldn't handle No Mercy mode. It spawns around 50 enemies on the map at once at any given time, and it rapidly spawns in more as you kill them. PS3 has frame rate issues as is with the current Mercs spawning.
Sure, the characters are PC exclusive, but so what? They're going to literally be reskinned versions of the normal RE6 characters with slightly different loadouts. Ellis will obviously be reskinned Piers, Coach will be Chris, Nick will be Leon, and Rochelle will be Helena.
As for all that expensive DLC that PC gets for free, Capcom has to make it appealing somehow. Most people are already aware of how poorly RE6 has done and as a result most people (especially PC gamers who don't really care about this game) wouldn't be willing to spend 60 bucks on DLC on top of the game that has been considered mediocre by the gaming press.
Now, for your comment about needing an Alienware PC, it's completely false. I have a midrange PC, inside is a modest GTX 560Ti (almost low range by now) and a first generation i7 920 (far surpassed by current gen i7s and i5s even), which cost me around 800 bucks to build off of newegg. On the RE6 benchmark for PC, I got an S rank with an average of 60+ FPS at all times.
My PC is far from an Alienware PC and it cost far less too. Alienware PCs are so overpriced it's not even funny, you can build your own PC for about half the price of an equally spec'd Alienware. Building a PC is also simple, before my first I had never touched the insides of a PC but I did it just fine within a few hours.
PROTIP: To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot at it until it dies.
CPU-Z posted...On topic, I really find this unfair to console players. If you want to get the exclusives, then you've gotta shell out the cash for the PC version. Then you need a really powerful gaming PC, like Alienware, to actually play the game at regular speed. Not only did Crapcom screw over their PS3 base for a while with the timed exclusives, but they aren't getting No Mercy mode or the L4D either. Then you've got the loyal fanbase that spent $60+ (if you bought DLC) in the beginning, yet the Steam version is getting it for free when pre-ordered. Just my opinion on the matter.
You obviously didn't read my post well enough. I said it needs a powerful PC period. The Alienware was an example. I'm also aware of No Mercy and the amount of enemies. That again goes back to my point of a powerful PC. If you also read another reply of mine here, then I also said I don't own a PS3, nor do I have RE6. RE6 formerly belonged to a buddy of mine.
I'm not much of a PC gamer since I don't have the money to invest towards games for quite a while. I can see why PC gamers would get the short end of the stick. You did raise a good point about the DLC as well. I can see why they would include the DLC for free with pre-orders then. I forgot about re-skins when I initially typed my post, so that could be what they are, but they're probably new models overall. Thanks for some insight, but make your post less sarcastic in the beginning. >.>
obvious troll post
From: CPU-Z | #024
Then you need a really powerful gaming PC, like Alienware, to actually play the game at regular speed.
2. I read your whole post. Usually, people don't read sentences at a time. It's nicer to reply that way because giant paragraphs of disorganized sentences are an eyesore. You think it's not fair that PC gamers get something the console can't handle as a bonus for waiting so long? Would you think it would be fair if you had to wait 5 months for this game if you wanted it? I know, let's just lock the game at 720p 30fps no AA, etc., and remove any possible PC bonuses from the game so it can be fair to console gamers. Do you know how daft it sounds when someone says it isn't fair to console gamers?
The reason I added the sarcastic spoiler is because, if you haven't noticed, the majority hate this game.
3. So you're on this board to troll?
tl;dr: read the first line
Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. Customer service is a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction – that is, the feeling that a product or service has met the customer expectation.
Console gamers bought the license to the game. They payed a price similar to their perception of the value of the product. Once that transaction is over you aren't entitled to jack diddly DLC-wise. Why you think console gamers are somehow entitled to FREE DLC that would slow the game to a crawl that most likely has an exclusivity agreement is beyond me.
4. Not even going to reply to the first part because the rebuttal is obvious and repeated ad nauseum.The last line, no arguments there.
From: CPU-Zobvious troll post
What's your problem? I'm not here to troll. I rarely ever post on this board. I usually lurk to see if there is new info on Mercs. When I post here, then I get people crawling up my ass like you're doing now.
1. I just posted above about a powerful PC to play No Mercy. A standard computer isn't going to play it at 60 FPS. You need one with proper specs to play the blasted thing. Lemme clear up what I mean to say since I didn't word it properly for you guys to understand. You need a better computer with the proper specs to play the game than one without the proper specs. The Alienware was meant to be an example, but I never said that clearly enough. My apologies there.
2. The reason I initially thought it was unfair was because of free DLC and L4D characters since the PS3 crowd had to put up with timed exclusives. Zoey_Louis showed me that I was wrong in my thinking. Way to exaggerate with the whole removal stuff. I know the consoles cannot handle the copious amounts of enemies on screen. It just would've been nice if console gamers got something instead to compensate the lack of No Mercy and L4D characters.
3. I'm not here to troll. You jump to conclusions. I simply misunderstood what you were saying when you mentioned customer service. I apologize for that. When I originally posted about the DLC, it didn't seem fair that those who pre-ordered it on Steam got it for FREE when the people who bought the console version had to PAY for it. That's what I've been trying to SAY all along. You seem to get the notion that I think console gamers are entitled to the DLC. You're wrong. I don't want No Mercy on the consoles, since as you said, it would slow it to a crawl. Something else for console gamers instead would help compensate to lack of it.
4. You really sound like you're trying to condescend me at this. I've already explained my points to you, and I'm not here to troll.
riddlebox89 posted...shotgunheadshot posted...Mercenaries blows ass. Timing a scoring game is really uncool. You can never play how you feel like playing. That's just me. I have no problem getting kills but the timer kills the fun of the game for me. This is not the arcades where I have to put quarters in,it's a console machine. I think they should give another option to play the game without a clock. Maybe a wave mode or something. Gears of war is an actual mercenaries mode. Way better. Enjoy beat the clock mode PC gamers.
I agree. Their survivors mode really isnt about survival in a zombie apocalypse. should have been wave horde mode and you try to survive and kill as much as you can. While traditional merc mode with a timer can provide entertainment/challenge for people who wants to score the highest in the time given (pretty mush the same old thing from 4), wave horde mode can also be a doozy for people with different tastes. I mean, you dont need a timer to score points. In this mode you can score higher if you kill BOWs by countering or 2 BOWs at once or something like that.
Hao Qi Lai Lai Mei Gu Nyan,Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Ni Hao Nyan
Gorgeous, Delicious, Deculture! Oishii Nyan!
What happened to this topic...?
What happened to this topic...?
Someone decided to play the troll card after misinterpreting what I was saying...