How may Ustinaks are there? *spoilers*

#11riddlebox89Posted 3/19/2013 6:17:51 PM
One.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#12FF8vsEverythingPosted 3/19/2013 6:37:40 PM
skermac posted...
scorpion41 posted...
skermac posted...
Goldsickle posted...
skermac posted...
I have seen him die with a bull dozer, and blown up in other sections.

That same one popped out of the cave with a giant drill wound on his chest.

For the rest of the game, you see that same drill wound.

I didn't notice the wound and I've played many times. Next time I will pay closer attention to him to see. If its the same one I dont think they should have done it because no one is that indestructable and it shows lack of imagination on Capcoms part. It shows they can only come up with three bosses the entire game. Ustinak, Haos, and Simmons. They use them over and over instead of having mini bosses like other games.

Are you familiar with the Tyrant and Nemesis?

Of course, I have played all the main games. Ustanak is a pale comparison to either of them. They would bully him in the playground lol

If you played them, then you wouldn't have made the remark you before about how Ustanak keeps coming back because that's the whole point. To pay homage to the older games. Nice try though.
#13skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 8:54:16 PM
FF8, it didnt look like a homage to me. It looked like Ustinak died over and over. At least in the first games they never looked like they died. You shot Nemesis a lot and he was stunned but he never looked dead and he kept coming at you.

I didn't even equate Ustinak to any previous games at all, homeage didnt even enter my mind. What did enter my mind was fighting him over and over because there was no mini boss to the point it was boring. We never had to fight Nemesis so many times.

And Nemesis looks cool, Ustinak looks like a freak. If they did intend it to be a homage they did a poor job that no one can recognize.
#14riddlebox89Posted 3/19/2013 9:21:04 PM
skermac posted...
We never had to fight Nemesis so many times.

Nemesis (Not counting the times where you meet him randomly)
Outside the RPD station
Outside the clock tower
The Dead Factory

Ustanak (Only counting times when you actually fight him)
In that building where Jake/Sherry get the magnum
In China after Leon and Helena's plane crashes
At the end of Jake and Sherry's campaign

I would count the helicopter part but you don't actually fight him, you're taking down helicopters, same for in the ice cavern.

Now if we were to count ALL encounters.

Nemesis
Outside RPD station
Inside RPD station
In the diner where you meet Carlos
On the tram
Inside clocke tower
Outside clock tower
Dead Factory
Several locations in the Raccoon City streets, don't remember exactly how many encounters there are but there's enough for four gun parts and a few first aid spray boxes, so lets just say seven.

Ustanak
The first encounter where you're running from him
Inside the building where Jake/Sherry get the magnum
The helicopter
The ice cave
Leon/Helena's plane crash site
The end of Jake/Sherry's campaign

So from the looks of things, not counting every encounter, they're split even, with every encounter, you encounter Nemesis a lot more than you do Ustanak.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#15GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 3/20/2013 12:27:21 AM
predator mode is awesome. ustanak was great too.
and it never seemed like nemesis died? he spewed purple blood after being damaged a number of times. though i do prefer nemesis. i liked how if you ignore him, he'll chase after you and you know he's there even though you can't see him because the music changes.

i remember being confused as to how many ustanaks there were as well.

there is a scene where the characters look overhead to the center of the mining the depths stage and see the ustanak guarding the keycard. he is later seen behind some crystallized wall. then again back where we first saw him, guarding the keycard.

i thought there were two: one behind the icicle wall and another guarding the keycard.

i also didn't notice the drill-hole... then again, i didn't even remotely notice the costume changes between ada and carla, especially in chris chapter 4 <_< how could i miss THAT, something so obvious?
#16siberian142Posted 3/20/2013 4:26:51 AM
He isn't indestructible, his C-virus strain just gives him immense regeneration capabilities. Considering the virus is a mixture of G and T-Veronica, it shouldn't be surprising that those infected with a more sophisticated version of the virus take so much punishment before they finally die. I believe Ms. Chainsaw was just a random mutation, yet it survives being beaten up by three protagonists several times and has to be chopped up by helicopter blades to finally die.

Besides, notable enemies in Resident Evil games never die when they're still convenient to gameplay padding.
#17skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:17:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18tevin1569Posted 3/20/2013 10:29:11 PM
skermac posted...
The main difference between Nemesis and Ustanak is Nesmesis looks like an evil scary monster. Ustanak looks like a poor mentally retarded kid you want to feel sorry for.

Get out right now!
Everyone, we need to work together to stomp out this Bully!!!!!
Ustanak doesn't deserve this.
STOMP OUT BULLYING!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#19skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:02:07 PM
tevin1569 posted...
skermac posted...
The main difference between Nemesis and Ustanak is Nesmesis looks like an evil scary monster. Ustanak looks like a poor mentally retarded kid you want to feel sorry for.

Get out right now!
STOMP OUT BULLYING!

LOL

I rephrase. Ustinak does not look scary at all. Nemesis does.

Ustinak looks like he was picked on a lot. I feel sorry for him and want to give him a cookie. I bet he is a nice guy though. Nemesis would never be nice.

I'm serious.
#20tevin1569Posted 3/21/2013 7:52:53 PM
skermac posted...
tevin1569 posted...
skermac posted...

Get out right now!
STOMP OUT BULLYING!

LOL

I rephrase. Ustinak does not look scary at all. Nemesis does.

Ustinak looks like he was picked on a lot. I feel sorry for him and want to give him a cookie. I bet he is a nice guy though. Nemesis would never be nice.

I'm serious.

Ustanak was scary....
He went to Scare University & graduated at top of his class.
Ustanak>Nemesis
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly