Actually, not that bad...

#1istuffedsunnyPosted 3/23/2013 10:56:47 AM
Sherry's campaign anyway. Even though it feels absolutely nothing like RE and the shooting mechanics are god awful, Sherry's too damn cute for her own good.

I've karate kicked my way past 3 chapters now, which is 3 chapters more than I could bear of Leon and Chris' campaigns. They could've used some T&A is what I'm saying. That Helena chick does NOT count :/
---
I have a radio in my car.
#2cucumberkingPosted 3/23/2013 1:27:45 PM
I prefer Jake and Sherry's story by far.
#3MallyPureSmoothPosted 3/23/2013 1:32:16 PM
"It's not that bad" is what I said during my first playthrough. That quickly changed after that.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#4MakoChanXPosted 3/23/2013 2:01:40 PM
MallyPureSmooth posted...
"It's not that bad" is what I said during my first playthrough. That quickly changed after that.

Same........

and I've not played it since.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdnau3FARq1rkuymjo8_250.gif
#5Jonathan_F_GPosted 3/23/2013 9:10:14 PM
Chris' story is the most complete and most important of the 4 stories. Plus it was the most intriguing.

Leon's was only good for 3 chapters. Then it became a generic and typical tale of needless revenge. The execution of both Leon's story and character absolutely sucked. Resident Evil 6 is the worst Leon has ever been.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#6sbn4Posted 3/24/2013 5:08:03 AM
^ Agreed. Chris' campaign was the best simply because it felt like an actual cohesive game. Yeah, its not RE, but nothing in RE6 is. At least Chris campaign doesn't try to hide it behind layers of fluff.

And I don't see how anyone can overlook the glaring flaws in Jake's campaign due to character aesthetics (the love for Sherry is reaching sickening levels IMO).

And finally, what's wrong with Helena?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#7KonaseRitsukoPosted 3/24/2013 7:36:30 AM
MakoChanX posted...
MallyPureSmooth posted...

Same........

and I've not played it since.

Same too lol. Exactly when I thought it wasn't that bad then never bothered going through it again.
#8Jonathan_F_GPosted 3/24/2013 1:13:08 PM
sbn4 posted...
^ Agreed. Chris' campaign was the best simply because it felt like an actual cohesive game. Yeah, its not RE, but nothing in RE6 is. At least Chris campaign doesn't try to hide it behind layers of fluff.

And I don't see how anyone can overlook the glaring flaws in Jake's campaign due to character aesthetics (the love for Sherry is reaching sickening levels IMO).

And finally, what's wrong with Helena?

Yep. I just felt that the context in Chris' story was easily the best. And yes, it garners the most balanced gameplay between the 2 (Hell, of all 4 stories).

Whenever I play Leon's story, I get depressed. Because it reminds me of how it utterly fails at trying to restore the series' former glory. You see, Chris' story doesn't do that to me. It was happy and hardcore times with Chris and Piers. And then it drops to shockingly surprising and tragic with its finale.... Another throwback to the Biohazard of old.

So yeah Chris wins in Biohazard 6, even though Biohazard 5 is still the better game.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#9LerdothoughtPosted 3/24/2013 2:37:03 PM
chris's campaign is by far the most atrocious thing ever happened in all RE games
#10EminentFatePosted 3/24/2013 3:44:28 PM
Jake's was at the very least decent because you could clear out an entire room w/ melee. Didn't have to rely on the awful cover mechanic which I did quite a bit in Chris' campaign.

Leon's starts out promising, then quickly turns to crap once you hit chapter 2/3. Not to mention arguably one of the worst final bosses in RE, both from a lore and gameplay perspective.

Ada's was also decent, but still not better than Jake's.
---
Every time you make a Gabe Newell fat joke, he delays Half Life 2: Episode 3 an extra month.