A future for unarmed combat in Resident evil.

#1Morrigan12Posted 3/24/2013 9:44:06 AM
I've just watched combat trailer for Beyond two souls and as I watched I noticed that Jodie kind of looked like claire... Moving away from that... In the trailer the player had to attack another character by pushing the right stick in the direction the attack is coming from to kick punch and block, what was really interesting is that there was no button indicators and the game would slow down to bullet time and there was a green haze.

You might have to watch it to get it but does anyone think it would work for Resident Evil, for example: a zombie grabs you and you have to push the stick in the direction of the enemy attack to fight it off. Perhaps the counter could vary depending on where you push the stick.

I just though the qte's would be better without some ugly flashing buttons but still keeps the cinematic effect.
#2icantseePosted 3/24/2013 10:02:26 AM
Morrigan12 posted...
I've just watched combat trailer for Beyond two souls and as I watched I noticed that Jodie kind of looked like claire... Moving away from that... In the trailer the player had to attack another character by pushing the right stick in the direction the attack is coming from to kick punch and block, what was really interesting is that there was no button indicators and the game would slow down to bullet time and there was a green haze.

You might have to watch it to get it but does anyone think it would work for Resident Evil, for example: a zombie grabs you and you have to push the stick in the direction of the enemy attack to fight it off. Perhaps the counter could vary depending on where you push the stick.

I just though the qte's would be better without some ugly flashing buttons but still keeps the cinematic effect.

We sort of do this now. When a zombie grabs, we have to twirl the sticks. Too bad we can't counter grabs, though. Only attacked can be countered. (In Revelations, we can dodge attacks, but not counter them.)
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#3Morrigan12(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:17:27 AM
icantsee posted...
Morrigan12 posted...

We sort of do this now. When a zombie grabs, we have to twirl the sticks. Too bad we can't counter grabs, though. Only attacked can be countered. (In Revelations, we can dodge attacks, but not counter them.)

True but it's not really a challenge and is somewhat painful for the thumbs, they aren't too varied either. I just think that the beyond combat looks more involving.
#4UnknownWinPosted 3/24/2013 10:32:20 AM
heavy rain is underrated. i hate how it didnt get what it deserves.
#5good_tobiPosted 3/24/2013 2:05:58 PM
UnknownWin posted...
heavy rain is underrated. i hate how it didnt get what it deserves.

It is over rated.

The only good thing about heavy rain = Kara
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.