Question about maximizing countering damage

#1icantseePosted 3/25/2013 1:16:53 PM
I forgot what's the rule of thumb for zombies. Which weapon is best to equip to get the most counter damage? Could someone help me fill it in?

Overhead grab: Handgun/Mag or shotgun/rifle/g.launcher or doesn't matter

Arm swing side to side: Handgun/Mag or shotgun/rifle/g.launcher or doesn't matter

Vomiting: Handgun/Mag or shotgun/rifle/g.launcher or doesn't matter

Leapers: Handgun/Mag or shotgun/rifle/g.launcher or doesn't matter

Leapers (secondary crowd damage): Handgun/Mag or shotgun/rifle/g.launcher or doesn't matter

My experience has been for overhand grab you want handgun, for arm swing it doesn't matter, for vomiting you want shotgun, and for leapers (primary and secondary) .... well I'm not sure.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#2DestinyKnotPosted 3/25/2013 1:24:47 PM
..based on all my The Catacombs runs as Carla 'n' Ada.

Overhead grab: Handgun 'n' machine pistol.
Arm swing: Grenade launcher 'n' crossbow.
Vomiting: ..don't think it matters, but I'll say handgun.
Leapers: Handgun 'n' machine pistol.
Lanterns: Grenade launcher 'n' crossbow, although you'll take damage, it will always kill.
#3DestinyKnotPosted 3/25/2013 1:27:08 PM
..and when I say machine pistol, of course I mean the Ammo Box 50, not that crappy gun Piers 'n' alternate Ada have. XD
#4SupaCaleb0Posted 3/25/2013 2:03:36 PM
DestinyKnot posted...
..and when I say machine pistol, of course I mean the Ammo Box 50, not that crappy gun Piers 'n' alternate Ada have. XD

You must be joking.
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angst - A descriptive definition to the overused word "Angst".
#5SemiotequePosted 3/25/2013 2:08:38 PM
The MP-AF is great.
---
PSN: Semioteque
#6DestinyKnotPosted 3/25/2013 2:12:24 PM
o_O?

I meant the Ammo Box 50 is a one-handed weapon..so it does the character exclusive counter..while the MP-AF is a two-handed weapon, which acts as if a shotgun were equipped when doing a counter.

..and yeah, I actually do prefer the Ammo Box 50 over the MP-AF, get over it xD
#7SemiotequePosted 3/25/2013 2:26:09 PM
I'm not knocking anyone's weapon choice. I just don't think the MP-AF is any worse than the ammo box. On J'avo maps you can use the MP-AF just fine as a weapon to set up either CDG or counter. On zombie maps Ada EX can just equip a grenade to get the roundhouse kick, and well... yeah default Piers isn't great on zombie maps, but you can still "shoot and counter".
---
PSN: Semioteque
#8DestinyKnotPosted 3/25/2013 2:31:33 PM
The MP-AF is great for setting up a CDG with it's single fire quick-shot, I'll give you that much. I was speaking from a zombie map perspective, like..I never play J'avo maps >__<;
#9icantsee(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 5:19:49 PM
DestinyKnot posted...
..based on all my The Catacombs runs as Carla 'n' Ada.

Overhead grab: Handgun 'n' machine pistol.
Arm swing: Grenade launcher 'n' crossbow.
Vomiting: ..don't think it matters, but I'll say handgun.
Leapers: Handgun 'n' machine pistol.
Lanterns: Grenade launcher 'n' crossbow, although you'll take damage, it will always kill.

This is sort of confirms what I've seen in YT vids. Small guns for Overhead grabs and larger guns for Arm swings. I'll experiment a bit more later with a weak character like Leon on MtD.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#10DanielSpace79Posted 3/25/2013 7:38:33 PM
Lol I really have to write a counter FAQ one of these days instead of answering randomly.

Most of the others said it here,
I know semioteque knows his stuff- 2 factors come into play- the stage and the attack type.

Against grabbers, the one handed weapon counters (w Ada, Carla, Chris) almost always one hit kill zombies . The elbow triplets get it about 50% of the time (depends on angle) , Leon, Sherry and Jake rarely do it. Jake is especially a liability since his hitbox keeps him exposed when he does the counter. Wierd exception is Mining the Depths in which oddly enough, equipping a grenade on sherry has her one hit killing grabbers.

For punching zombies, 2 handed gun counters, the elbow triplets (piers, Helena and Agent) and Jakes elbow tend to one hit kill based on angle. Ada and Carla's sweep rarely do it, but Chris shoulder raise still does. Leon and Sherrys suck against this (which is why Sherry 1 is at a particular disadvantage in Urban Chaos)

Against pukers, generally either counter will one hit kill

The above is really only true for Rooftop, Catacombs and Mining the Depths since zombies are considerably tougher built on Urban Chaos
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType