Predator Mode Point System

#1RubyHairedJinPosted 3/27/2013 10:02:16 AM
I just wanted to make a topic to discuss the point system in Predator mode. I would like to know what spot on Ustanak that you shoot will score you the most points. I know his claw gives you the least. Is his head or chest the critical spot? What about rescuing Agents from his claw? I always see 5100 ish from rescuing Agents.

Also would like to point out Agents getting points at the end of the round. Do they get points if they are in dying state? I'm positive I never got points but there was a time where I did get points while in dying state. There was a time I didn't get points but I was in Ustanak's claws when my team defeated him.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia, RE:Revelations.
FC: 5241-2658-8025
#2SemiotequePosted 3/27/2013 12:27:37 PM
End of round points are given out to each surviving agent based on the number of surviving agents. If you kill the Ustanak the point values double. So, if there are 5 people alive and time runs out, you get 5,000, and if you kill Ustanak you get 10,000.

I'm guessing what happened the time you got points while in dying state was that your "death" gauge was actually almost full and you didn't notice. It filled all the way up and revived you exactly as the round ended, but too late for you to stand up and look alive.

I think the minimum points for saving someone from Ustanak's grab is 5,000. The rest of the points come from the damage you do to him while saving them. Have you ever run up to save the agent and hit the circle button to do a CDG, but you only get 798 points? It's because someone else got the points for saving the agent. Otherwise you would get 5798. If you save someone from his grab with a direct hit from a remote bomb you would get around 7400.

Normal points for damaging Ustanak are just based on the amount of damage the hit does. He takes less damage from being hit in the arm, so you get less points. I don't know the exact values and mechanics for every weapon, so I can't help you there, but it does seem like his head and maybe his chest take more damage. His back, legs, and "normal" arm all take the same damage. The only spot I know for sure gives more points is his head.
---
PSN: Semioteque
#3Cartwheel_KickPosted 3/27/2013 6:02:13 PM
Semioteque posted...
but it does seem like his head and maybe his chest take more damage. His back, legs, and "normal" arm all take the same damage. The only spot I know for sure gives more points is his head.

I get this feeling too. Not sure whether it's the chest either, but I definitely noticed that I hit him elsewhere than the head and got more points a few times. Maybe the weaker arm or one of his gaping wound?
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#4SemiotequePosted 3/27/2013 9:55:04 PM
Yeah, I have thought that before, but you also do more damage depending on how close you are to him with certain weapons like shotguns. Any gun that has a spread effect or "splash" damage gets more points the closer and more accurate you hit.

I like to mess around with Helena EX a lot in Predator and I've found that the Hydra has the largest point spread of any weapon I've messed with. I've gotten shots anywhere from 10 (lol) points all the way up to over 2000, and the only thing I can say with any certainty about that weapon is that the easiest way to guarantee more points is to shoot him as close as possible. I've found you will get more points with the Hydra from a point-blank, normal shot than you will with a QS combo hit. Then again, I never mess with QS Hydra because that is asking to get killed if the Ustanak has even a little idea of how to play.

Anyway, it's really hard to tell if he has any weak points other than his head. Other than avoiding shooting his mechanical arm, it's not exactly easy to get clean shots on Ustanak if the player knows how to play. They're not going to give you the chance to just open fire unless they have to.

It'd be really easy to test how the points work for damage to Ustanak, but it's so impractical in an actual match to sit there and try to aim for certain spots that it wouldn't really be worth it to find out if you can get 10 more points from a handgun bullet. lol
---
#5GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 3/27/2013 11:37:01 PM
taken from a similar thread i created asking for the same. this is a response, slightly edited for correct values:

PoopMasterGoetz posted...
The amount of points you get for your gun are indeed proportional to your damage output. The reason you sometimes do a little more or less damage is because there is a very slight damage modifier depending on how many players are in the game -- fewer agents fighting Ustanak means you deal more damage. For example, Helena's rifle yields 208 points per shot in a full six-player game, but they'll give 210 points in a five-player game. Also, agents get a huge damage modifier (something like 1.25x) if a teammate drops out of the game via quitting or disconnecting. This was probably implemented to compensate for the advantage the Ustanak player gets over the Ustanaks of previous rounds by having one less player to kill.

Ustanak's arms and head also have damage modifiers. Shooting his metal arm, as you probably know, only deals maybe 25% of your normal damage output.

Here's how the reward points for agents work at the end of a round: 1) If time runs out and neither side is finished off, all of the agents left "alive" (not on the ground dying) get 1000 points for every agent left standing. So if there are five agents still alive, they all get 5000 points. 2) If Ustanak is killed, that number is doubled, i.e. the living agents get 2000 for every person left standing, so five agents left standing would all get 10,000 points. 3) If you are in dying when the round ends, you get none of the bonus points I just explained. 4) The person who finishes off Ustanak gets 3000 points in addition to the bonus points he gets along with everyone else for surviving. (I believe it is 3000, since whenever I've killed Ustanak it says +3100 or something if I'm using a handgun, and it has said +4000-something if I finish him with a shotgun bullet. 3000 seems to be the amount added to the points awarded from the bullet itself.).

And finally, if Ustanak kills everybody, he gets 500 points for every second left. One minute remaining = 60 seconds = 30,000 points.

he also added:

"Shooting his left arm seems to have something like a 1.25x damage modifier, similar to the boost you get from Preemptive Strike. Shooting his head does the most damage, which seems to be 1.5x."

i haven't checked this out yet.

this is what i have checked out:
default helena's assualt rifle RN: 208 points per shot in a six-player game.
+ shooting wild = 208 x 1.5 = 312 points.
shooting ustanak's metal claw arm = 312 x .25 = 78 points.
if one player drops out of the game: 312 x 1.25 = 390.
number of agents not in the dying/ dead status while the ustanak lives x 1000 points.
number of agents not in the dying/ dead status after killing the ustanak x 2000 points.

difference between five and six players: 210 - 208 = 2 points.
when saving an ally from ustanak's claw in a five player game: 800 points for CDG attack.
when saving an ally from ustanak's claw in a six player game: 798 points for CDG attack.
#6AnimesetsunaPosted 3/27/2013 11:51:48 PM
I remember his back which is almost near his neck give you more points.
---
Only Hanazawa Kana/
Sorry for my bad English
#7SemiotequePosted 3/28/2013 12:36:22 AM
@Vodka: Thanks for posting that. I couldn't be bothered to make such a detailed post.

One thing I want to point out though, while that CDG information is correct - those values are what you get for hitting Ustanak with a CDG - it doesn't explain why I've seen +5798 from saving people from the claw grab. If you are the first/only person to save an agent from the claw, the points bonus is huge.
---
#8GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 3/28/2013 12:47:33 AM
Semioteque posted...
@Vodka: Thanks for posting that. I couldn't be bothered to make such a detailed post.

One thing I want to point out though, while that CDG information is correct - those values are what you get for hitting Ustanak with a CDG - it doesn't explain why I've seen +5798 from saving people from the claw grab. If you are the first/only person to save an agent from the claw, the points bonus is huge.

you're welcome. credit to the user who posted the original.

yeah, that's what i meant by "for cdg attack!" i meant it strictly for the cdg attack, not for both the cdg attack and the save. for saving the agent, you net an extra 5,000 points on top of the cdg attack points (which explains the 5,798 points). you can also shoot the metal claw arm, and see it will still give you the 5,000 points plus the points you got from shooting the metal claw arm.

i just put that info there, without adding the 5,000 points of saving an ally, to further show that there is a 2 point difference between a six player game and a five player game.