Fact: Finish off your zombies nice and quick with wrestling moves

#1lightpeakPosted 3/28/2013 3:10:37 AM
One thing that really cracks me in all the way up in this game is that how characters like Leon and Helena can effortlessly dispatch a zombie with a single wrestle tackle. Never really got anywhere tired seeing Leon doing "Stone Cold Stunner" or Helena's "The People's Elbow" (yeah I know, used to watch WWE) to easily dispatch a single zombie while other side characters in this game struggle to unload a full clip into one.

Also is it even physically possible for a grown adult to boot stomp a person's skull and crush it whole as it was jelly?
#2PyroSparkPosted 3/28/2013 3:19:02 AM
Who cares it looks awesome.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#3WWP7Posted 3/28/2013 3:42:25 AM
PyroSpark posted...
Who cares it looks awesome.

Pretty much this way.
#4GoldsicklePosted 3/28/2013 4:40:24 AM
I wish some of the moves were more lethal like actual head smashers and neck breakers sometimes.

It's hard to believe that a shoulder-throw is enough to kill a zombie.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#5DigimonTrainerPosted 3/28/2013 6:51:18 AM
That forward DDT is pretty fun to do though...
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#6Mhunter04Posted 3/28/2013 7:05:44 AM
Obviously some Capcom devs were a fan of wrestling or at least the entertainment of it. It would makes more sense though if Leon and Helena would have used quick grappling and disarming attacks considering they are Federal agents instead of military grunts. I can defiantly see someone like Chris going all WWE though.

And yeah pretty hilarious when a single quick melee tackle can dispatch a zombie much more "implode" their head off while it takes at least a few shot to dispatch one in the mass.
#7largerockPosted 3/28/2013 8:30:14 AM
That is NOT a STONE COLD Stunner that Leon uses.

It's too perfect and badass for him.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#8Spider5800Posted 3/28/2013 8:41:06 AM
This is one of the things that bugged me the most about this game. I was already leary of them making melee such a major part of the gameplay this time around because it didn't fit with the way everyone fought the bioweapons in the previous games (unless you wanted to impress with a knife run or something), but then they include these elaborate, ridiculous wrestling attacks.

It's fine to put those in something like Dead Rising, that series is intentionally over-the-top and silly. They tried to make the tone of this game all serious and moody, then have my character repeatedly suplex zombies like Kevin Nash. Come on, Capcom, at least be consistent.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#9Terl337Posted 3/28/2013 11:44:36 AM
largerock posted...
That is NOT a STONE COLD Stunner that Leon uses.

It's too perfect and badass for him.

It's commonly called a Stunner move in Pro Wrestling and yes it's coined after Stone Cold thus the name TC referred to. Hilarious enough almost every major character in the game seems to have some way use very elaborate wrestling tackles coupled with some inspired form of mixed martial arts. Jake for example uses a fancy Suplex and a DDT.

Spider5800 posted...
This is one of the things that bugged me the most about this game. I was already leary of them making melee such a major part of the gameplay this time around because it didn't fit with the way everyone fought the bioweapons in the previous games (unless you wanted to impress with a knife run or something), but then they include these elaborate, ridiculous wrestling attacks.

It's fine to put those in something like Dead Rising, that series is intentionally over-the-top and silly. They tried to make the tone of this game all serious and moody, then have my character repeatedly suplex zombies like Kevin Nash. Come on, Capcom, at least be consistent.

Agree, I find RE6 'overdone' it a bit with he whole melee combat system since it feels way faster and more efficient than actually equipping your knife. In fact I think I only used the knife like less than 3% throughout the whole campaign playtrough.
#10GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 3/28/2013 1:12:32 PM
which is why i fear a re2 remake.

i'd love a re2 remake using re6's style of gameplay, but claire is pretty much an average young woman. if i ever see her pulling off helena's head shot melee, i'd flip. capcom must dumb the melees down.

also, a zombie's body is pretty much decaying, so i guess their heads would be as fragile as glass.