These games would send the RE franchise back to its former glory.

#1parkourboybryanPosted 3/30/2013 12:21:08 PM
When the Revelations HD port comes out again and people are reintroduced to a Survival Horror RE game, this is how Capcom should follow up to stay in the fans' good graces:

-A Complete Remake of RE 2 and 3 in the vein of REmake keeping the Tank controls but redoing every single environment, tweeking or making new puzzles, adding new enemies (Crimson Heads in the RPD or Alongside Nemesis) and essentially making complete new games, similar to how they did with the Remake of RE1/DC

-A Survival Horror Retelling of Operation Javier from Darkside Chronicles, made in the same fashion of Revelations, the village and giant dam would suit a survival horror game well, even in broad daylight.

-An HD Upscaled Re-release of Outbreak File 1 and 2 with load times reduced and Online Play reinstated. A lot of people say that the Outbreak games represent the last good Survival Horror RE's before Capcom went the Survival Action route with RE's 4-6. I personally agree, as there was nothing more exhilarating than running away from a Super T-103 while trying to simultaneously survive with 3 other people.

-Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Collection: A stand alone Mercenaries game that takes every single map and character from every single RE Mercs from 4 onward, and redoes them in RE6's engine. This would give us 20+ Stages and 19 Characters to choose from. Capcom could even up the ante and bring in either long forgotten characters like Billy, Carlos, Luis, etc., and even characters from Revelations like Jessica, Parker, Jack etc. Icing on the cake would be making new stages based on other games in the series.

-A new game that puts Claire back in the spotlight damnit.

I know this is all mainly a pipe dream, due to Capcom being a lazy company. But if this was all done, there'd be no doubt that it would not only put Capcom back in the good graces of some of their former fans, but it would also put them back at the top of the proverbial Survival Horror Food Chain, since they've recently been usurped by some other companies.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#2sabrestormPosted 3/30/2013 12:36:17 PM
adding Albert Wesker would really bring it up to!
#3FreakyFrancPosted 3/30/2013 9:22:51 PM
parkourboybryan posted...
When the Revelations HD port comes out again and people are reintroduced to a Survival Horror RE game, this is how Capcom should follow up to stay in the fans' good graces:

-A Complete Remake of RE 2 and 3 in the vein of REmake keeping the Tank controls but redoing every single environment, tweeking or making new puzzles, adding new enemies (Crimson Heads in the RPD or Alongside Nemesis) and essentially making complete new games, similar to how they did with the Remake of RE1/DC

-A Survival Horror Retelling of Operation Javier from Darkside Chronicles, made in the same fashion of Revelations, the village and giant dam would suit a survival horror game well, even in broad daylight.

-An HD Upscaled Re-release of Outbreak File 1 and 2 with load times reduced and Online Play reinstated. A lot of people say that the Outbreak games represent the last good Survival Horror RE's before Capcom went the Survival Action route with RE's 4-6. I personally agree, as there was nothing more exhilarating than running away from a Super T-103 while trying to simultaneously survive with 3 other people.

-Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Collection: A stand alone Mercenaries game that takes every single map and character from every single RE Mercs from 4 onward, and redoes them in RE6's engine. This would give us 20+ Stages and 19 Characters to choose from. Capcom could even up the ante and bring in either long forgotten characters like Billy, Carlos, Luis, etc., and even characters from Revelations like Jessica, Parker, Jack etc. Icing on the cake would be making new stages based on other games in the series.

-A new game that puts Claire back in the spotlight damnit.

I know this is all mainly a pipe dream, due to Capcom being a lazy company. But if this was all done, there'd be no doubt that it would not only put Capcom back in the good graces of some of their former fans, but it would also put them back at the top of the proverbial Survival Horror Food Chain, since they've recently been usurped by some other companies.

I freaking agree about RE2/3 remake.
#4The 1 ExecutionerPosted 3/30/2013 9:46:10 PM
I actually 100% with everything with what you have said TC. Especially with the OB series.
---
Resident Evil 6 High Scoring Mercenaries (PS3 & XBOX):
http://www.youtube.com/the1executioner
#5masked_yazooPosted 3/31/2013 12:16:48 AM
A Wesker game sets in RE2 and RE3 is not a bad idea you know.
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"
#6edward18Posted 3/31/2013 12:20:32 AM
...okay
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7largerockPosted 3/31/2013 1:18:44 AM
sabrestorm posted...
adding Albert Wesker would really bring it up to!

Ugh you again.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#8Neutron15Posted 3/31/2013 1:46:11 AM
-Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Collection: A stand alone Mercenaries game that takes every single map and character from every single RE Mercs from 3 onward, and redoes them in Revelations Style. This would give us 20+ Stages and 19 Characters to choose from. Capcom could even up the ante and bring in either long forgotten characters like Billy, Carlos, Luis, etc., and even characters from Revelations like Jessica, Parker, Jack etc. Icing on the cake would be making new stages based on other games in the series.

fix'd
---
Survival Is Your Responsibility
#9ManuMIASPosted 3/31/2013 2:46:58 AM

This!

We need a real RE third person shooter game with Operation Javier, Leon and Krauser!!!
#10GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 3/31/2013 2:50:07 AM
i agree with mostly everything. one exception is the tank controls..

i actually want my character to slide and take cover, and i want to aim freely with precision. taking cover doesn't have to be from arms-wielding enemies. could be used to look around corners or hide from a monsters sight and stuff like that. shoulder-cameras are just more effective than controlling the character from an angle and playing with their sense of directions.

i tried playing the older game, and while they're easy to control with the tank controls, i just feel extremely restricted.