These games would send the RE franchise back to its former glory.

#21chicostickPosted 4/4/2013 12:56:44 PM
I played RE3 so many times back then. Would love to see Jill in tube top in HD!
#22shagohad3Posted 4/4/2013 1:58:19 PM(edited)
You know, the next RE game could bring back the horror, as well as bring back another Capcom series, Dino Crisis. I'd love to see a game with Jill and Regina working together. Heck, it could even lead into a Dino Crisis reboot. Also, they could make another chronicles game that covers Dead Aim and Survivor.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#23Jonathan_F_GPosted 4/4/2013 3:30:22 PM
TC, sounds like my wish list for the series. But also, Resident Evils 4, 5 and 6 need to be retconned from the timeline:

That's the only way the series as it is can be reestablished for the better.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#24parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 9:51:55 AM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
TC, sounds like my wish list for the series. But also, Resident Evils 4, 5 and 6 need to be retconned from the timeline:

That's the only way the series as it is can be reestablished for the better.

I don't think 4, 5 and 6 need to be retconned, as the general plot to those games didn't bother me, it was the complete lack of scares in those games save for a few moments in RE4 (Regenerators scared the f*** out of me).

Revelations has a good plot as far as that can be measured, and the gameplay was a natural evolution of RE5, while still keeping the game scary in the process.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#25Dark__ThronePosted 4/6/2013 7:24:42 AM
I've pretty much had all the same ideas as TC.

Remake Resident Evil 2/3 in full 3D backgrounds in the same gameplay style as the REmake on Gamecube. Just add in some entirely new areas, new enemies, crimson heads, more realistic animations, more game modes, costumes. Can't go wrong. You can also go into the "Over the Shoulder" camera angle when you aim so you aim around freely. But you can disable this and just have the classic aiming style.

Then I'd make a full Mercenaries game for consoles. Have the same style as RE6/5 mercenaries with more refined gameplay. The game would be a collectahon (SO MUCH characters, costumes, weapons, stages and loadouts) to unlock and level up and upgrade. You'd have levels from the classic Resident Evil games (From RE1, RE0, RE2, RE3, RE:CV) and characters like Jill, Barry, Chris, Wesker, Rebecca, Leon, Claire, Ada, Carlos, Steve and more.

I'd also make a "Resident Evil: Operation Rockfort Island" which takes place during the Rockfort Island incident. The concept would be much the same as Operation Raccoon City (except the gameplay won't be s***). You'd play as soldiers from Wesker's organization "H.C.F" (maybe the U.S.S members from Operation Raccoon City now joined H.C.F?).

And I'd release Resident Evil Outbreak Collection with online support and total HD and on a disc and have full trophy support. I'd also release REmake and RE0 in complete HD (re-draw the backgrounds and everything) on a disc with full trophy support.
#26thierminatorPosted 4/7/2013 2:39:38 AM
Dont you think a remake with re6 controls make the game to easy? Than they have to put more zombies or less health in it
---
i am a warmachine
#27VisionofhopePosted 4/7/2013 9:02:57 AM
RE3 I hope is never remade! Had a deep message on the difference between man and mutant and the will to survive.
#28Digita1_NinjaPosted 4/7/2013 1:13:57 PM
parkourboybryan posted...
keeping the Tank controls

Tank controls is the reason I never played the older ones. It should stay in the game but also have the option to play with regular controls.
---
PSN: Boxcutta-
#29parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:18:53 AM
Digita1_Ninja posted...
parkourboybryan posted...
keeping the Tank controls

Tank controls is the reason I never played the older ones. It should stay in the game but also have the option to play with regular controls.

The Original REmake did fine on the Gamecube, a console with a very small install base. And like a previous poster said, adding in the RE6 method would make the game too easy. The enemies would have to be changed as well as other things.

When I see Remakes, they usually take the Source material and expand it to greater possibilities. The source material for a great REmake of 2 and 3 is already there, they just have to add new things to freshen and streamline the experience:

-Expansion of Puzzles
-A Quick Reload and Knife Button
-The RE3 Dodging Mechanic.
-Automatically Climbing Stairs
-New Enemies (Crimson Heads, Hunters, The Frogs from DC)
-New Areas.
-Quick Turn in RE2

Simply adding these things would already make the games great, and would re-introduce these games to a new audience while having dedicated playerbases in the original players.
---
#30parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 6:27:35 AM
Bumping.
---