The aging cast of characters...

#1TheMisfitPosted 3/30/2013 7:42:24 PM
When I think about it, a reboot is pretty much inevitable.

All the major characters are pushing 40 in the continuous storyline. In fact, Jill and Chris are 40. Not that there is anything wrong with this...but how long can these same sets of characters fight viruses? It's like Roger Moore in View to a Kill, a 60 year old James Bond saving the world after he bengay's his aching joints.
---
GameFAQs user & enthusiast for over 10 years.
#2DestinyKnotPosted 3/30/2013 7:52:54 PM
Sherry, Sheva, and Jake are the new generation of main characters, well..mainly just Sherry 'n' Jake, they're bound to be in future installments.
#3DimentioXIIIPosted 3/30/2013 8:06:53 PM
Well Piers could have easily took Chris' place for future games but you know...

Sheve is a good character and all but I honestly see no reason for them to return to Africa at all.
---
PSN:RaijinkenXIII
#4saleonkennedyPosted 3/30/2013 8:08:05 PM
Leon and ada need to have a kid so they too can be zombie fighters. Can you imagine? Someone that is good at drawing, draw a pic of 21 year old leon/ada.
---
gamertag: Leon Kennedy I2
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater
#5TurduckenPosted 3/30/2013 8:19:54 PM
They can easily make 30 RE games that take place between 2012 and 2020 if they want.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#6DecaprePosted 3/30/2013 8:25:28 PM
Ada will never age. In fact she gets younger every game.
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#7Smash MasterPosted 3/30/2013 8:29:07 PM
Sherry and Jake are most certainly in for the long haul. Helena has a somewhat decent shot of sticking around too, and they could easily bring Sheva back somehow. Yeah, they can't rely on Chris/Jill/Leon/Claire forever, but they still have enough time to fully flesh out a new generation.
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx
#8skermacPosted 3/30/2013 8:53:20 PM
Video game characters can look any age in each game. They dont have a real age so this thread makes no sense at all.
#9TurduckenPosted 3/30/2013 9:00:42 PM
Sure it does. RE may be doing A LOT of s*** wrong lately, but they keep their characters looking more or less age-appropriate. It's not gonna have Chris looking 21 when he's 55 and pass it off as HURHUR VIDYAGAMEZ. If it DOES set games say, twenty years into the future, they can't realistically have the current cast actively fighting anymore.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#10PistolPete777Posted 3/30/2013 9:04:01 PM
Lol at comparing 40 to 60. Thank you TC, I needed a good laugh.