Why RE6 is a great game after all

#1moonlithunterPosted 4/2/2013 10:59:47 AM
As an old school fan of the series, ( I've played every installment of the series except code Veronica ) I was a bit alarmed at all the hate this game got. I read these boards quite regularly and decided against getting 6 because of what was reported. After all, 5 would be a great ending point, would it not?

But then after recently replaying 4 I realized I wanted to know more about the characters I've become more than a bit familiar with.... so after making a post and citing my passion for the series, I recognized some fellow enthusiasts who basically said,

"Haters gotta hate, if you like the series and characters, RE6 is worth your time"

They were right.

Sure, it lacks the sense of dread found in RE 0, 1, 2 & 4, but when you consider that these guys have already been through hell and back, it makes sense that it would be more action oriented- They're all vets!

I remember the first time I played RE back in the 90's.... I played in it my brothers basement one summer night.... ALL night.

I was amazed that a video game made me feel genuine fear. But at some point around 2 AM a strange sort of anger set in..... it replaced any lingering fear and infused in me a die hard will to get though the game and kill anything that crossed my path. By the time Chris, Jill and Rebecca were airlifted out it was nearly 6 AM. It was with grim satisfaction that I pored myself a shot of rum for breakfast to commemorate the experience.

My Point?

Returning to hell, - like the RE vets- isn't going to have the first time horror... its just going to be a bloody good ass kicking.

When I finish this game, the rum will be in hand!

Cheers!
---
Basking in the red afterglow....
#2Hawke0Posted 4/2/2013 11:29:50 AM
Great is pushing it. It's certainly not a bad game, but it's not great either.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#3ZeratulthekingPosted 4/2/2013 11:51:03 AM
Except half the cast is brand new to facing zombies in an RE game, Piers, Helena, and Jake

Piers is the only except that would've had combat experience prior being in the unit he is in.

Nor did all of the previous cast become super human rescently to all become ninjas at the flop of a hat. I mean I get 4/5 you hit them when they are stunned, it makes sense they are less likely to bite you sure. But when you can run up and do a jump kick seriously?

What zombie type game, movie, story has that ever been a good idea?

Not to just throw out hate, but more logic that it makes no sense.

I will say that the merc levels feel better than in 5 where you didn't have long corridors in between where monsters spawned. That they actually spawned near you always and ran in your general direction. Makes it easier to get 150 chain than it was in 5, which you had to have a good partner and some luck to do so.
#4XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 4/2/2013 11:59:16 AM
I think too many people make it an issue of the new games being bad or good. I don't care how good RE6 is because it's not horror. There's already lots of great and fun action games out there so we don't need more. Variety is what I want.

As a side note I love how some people try to justify Capcom selling out. "Well the characters have been through this before so naturally the series is gonna turn into a generic action shooter." Quit making excuses for them.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#5good_tobiPosted 4/2/2013 4:25:51 PM
moonlithunter posted...
I've played every installment of the series except code Veronica

Same here. Code Veronica's sales is one of the main reason why Capcom revamped RE.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#6cucumberkingPosted 4/2/2013 4:56:07 PM
I think too many people make it an issue of the new games being bad or good. I don't care how good RE6 is because it's not horror. There's already lots of great and fun action games out there so we don't need more. Variety is what I want.

As a side note I love how some people try to justify Capcom selling out. "Well the characters have been through this before so naturally the series is gonna turn into a generic action shooter." Quit making excuses for them.

Yeah! Keep boring combat and crappy camera!
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti
#7GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/2/2013 5:25:14 PM
i agree with what someone else said. the melee attacks are just too much. i've repeated this statement a few times, actually, because it's one of the few things i didn't like about the game. actually, no, i love the melee, it's just too powerful and advanced, for a lack of better words (although it sure is fun to use during survivors and stuff).

resident evil 6 is far from perfect but it still is fun to play and is a great coop experience.

glad you decided to try it out for yourself and having a mind of your own.
#8hunter_7289Posted 4/2/2013 6:24:22 PM
Only Hunters should have the power of melee.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards- The Hunter has the will to win. Do you?
#9Coryo61827Posted 4/2/2013 11:12:42 PM
I hate when people say "oh well they're trained vets so they don't get scared anymore and can easily punch biohazard virus infected enemies with their fists" is stupid logic. I don't care how trained you are, in zombie outbreaks any person in their right mind would still be scared and have to try to survive and get out.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#10ZeratulthekingPosted 4/3/2013 10:07:36 AM
good_tobi posted...
moonlithunter posted...
I've played every installment of the series except code Veronica

Same here. Code Veronica's sales is one of the main reason why Capcom revamped RE.

Actually you can't base it off that since CV was first released on dreamcast which didn't even make it a whole year before the company went bottom out.

But then re-releasing it w/ inferior graphics on ps2 on year later killed anyone from wanting even try it at that point.

Also wasn't the re-release the time that xbox was originally launched, that is the only thing I didn't look up.