Did anyone decide to play only RE 6?

#21skermacPosted 4/4/2013 1:21:26 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
skermac posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
it was in my ps3 for like 2 months, then dead space 3, Assassins creed 3, DmC and the walking dead have taken over my system.

I want to play DMC, which one is best or which should I start with? I didnt play any of them yet.

That depends. Do you get attached to series' that you like? Because if so, I recommend you start with the new one, DmC: Devil May Cry.

If you're the type of person that doesn't care anything as long as the game is fun and pretty then you can start with DMC1-4 and then get the new one. For 1-3 you can buy the HD collection.

I'm telling you this order because the DmC that just came out is a reboot of the series, and a horrible one that pisses off almost every fan of the series. So if you play the original series and get attached, playing the reboot will not be enjoyable. So if you think that would be you, I suggest you play it while you're oblivious to anything so that you can still enjoy it, THEN play the original series.

I've been thinking off and on for months about playing the DMC games but didn't know where to start. Your advice sounds good. I will play the new one, then the old ones.

Thanks!
#22largerockPosted 4/4/2013 1:55:20 AM
skermac posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
it was in my ps3 for like 2 months, then dead space 3, Assassins creed 3, DmC and the walking dead have taken over my system.

I want to play DMC, which one is best or which should I start with? I didnt play any of them yet.

Get the HD collection and 4. Stay away from the recent abomination.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#23dillpickle69Posted 4/4/2013 10:10:43 AM
skermac posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
skermac posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...

That depends. Do you get attached to series' that you like? Because if so, I recommend you start with the new one, DmC: Devil May Cry.

If you're the type of person that doesn't care anything as long as the game is fun and pretty then you can start with DMC1-4 and then get the new one. For 1-3 you can buy the HD collection.

I'm telling you this order because the DmC that just came out is a reboot of the series, and a horrible one that pisses off almost every fan of the series. So if you play the original series and get attached, playing the reboot will not be enjoyable. So if you think that would be you, I suggest you play it while you're oblivious to anything so that you can still enjoy it, THEN play the original series.

I've been thinking off and on for months about playing the DMC games but didn't know where to start. Your advice sounds good. I will play the new one, then the old ones.

Thanks!

No problem :)
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#24Syn_VengeancePosted 4/4/2013 10:21:53 AM(edited)
skermac posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...

well the order for the story is 3,1,4,2 but since the controls upgrade with eacu game just play them 1,2,3,4

the reboot story is not really that good but the gameplay and weapons are extremely fun. i am a longtime fan of the original series but kept an open mind with the reboot and had a blast with it. i still play it every once in a while but havent touched the classics in years.